No "High Speed" wipers?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TimmyC
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, No "High Speed" wipers? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; After buying my STS-v 3 weeks ago I FINALLY got the title and was able to drive it, just sucks ...
    kac1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-v

No "High Speed" wipers?

After buying my STS-v 3 weeks ago I FINALLY got the title and was able to drive it, just sucks it had to be in the rain I read the instruction manual over the three weeks, little here and there and forgot about this "Rainsence" system these cars have. So at first I thought my intermediate wiper was broken, so I used low speed until I got to work and then took a peek at the owners manual to "refresh myself" on using windshield wipers but I don't have "high speed" wipers? everything else works fine. I was messing with my blendmount the other day (installing my V1 to the rearview) but I don't think that would cause the low speed to work and not the high speed? Any help in this matter is appreciated. I tried searching the forums and net and I came across where there is a box that is off the wiper motor that can go, the car was parked in my driveway facing down, if that could have anything to do with it (maybe rain going where it shouldn't?) Thanks CO.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: No "High Speed" wipers?

Forgive me if you're already aware of this, but you do realize you can adjust the sensitivity of the rainsense wipers by twisting the right stalk forward right? Also if you push the stalk all the way up you've overridden rainsense and now you can choose high/low. Also, with the rainsense, if its raining heavily and you're driving at a high speed the blades will go faster than if you're just sitting at a red light.

yes, when I got to work I read the manual about the rainsense "intermediate" setting. I even came across the thread on how to delete them to go "normal" intermediate. The next click is slow speed, which works fine, and the next one is high speed which doesn't work at all.

Ah. Well there's always the disconnect the battery, touch neg and pos cables together for a few secs, reconnect method. Doesn't hurt and its potentially a cheap fix.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,09 escalade, 80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

It's a 469hp rwd car your not suspostt to drive in the rain. It's the cars way of telling you.

How does resetting everything (connecting the battery like that) suddenly allow my high speed wipers to work? I see there is a box that is attached to the wiper motor that can go bad. Saw some posts where that can be the culprit for no high speed.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Get some RainX. You'll never need wipers again.
    parkeraire and STS LC3 like this.

I don't know. I also don't know how doing that gets rid of a crapload of other problems. I can't explain it I just suggest you try it. It may very well not work. I'm not forcing you to do anything.

OK, one days this week I will try it, maybe when I'm doing one of my front bearings. Found a set, might as well do both sides, Timkens for 325 a set.

----------

GM Part #88958172 is I guess what I need, it's the cover that goes over the wiper motor to "reset" the blades when your done using them. When I am on "slow" and they are midwipe and I switch to high they stop right where they are.

I did the battery reset and they still don't work on fast. What is kinda silly too where I think it's the Windshield Wiper Motor Cover is when I go from slow to high the blades STOP or sometimes go a little then stop.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.