Wheel help!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Wheel help!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; OK GO I HAVE AN 06 STS-V WANTING TO PUT A SET OF 20" WHEELS ON IT. I KNOW I ...
    theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

Cool Wheel help!!

OK GO I HAVE AN 06 STS-V WANTING TO PUT A SET OF 20" WHEELS ON IT. I KNOW I WANT TO DO LIKE A STAGGARDED SET UP IM JUST HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING A DESCENT SET OF WHEELS THAT AREN'T 6K LOL ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY DESCENT WHEELS AND MAYBE A GOOD SIZE WIDTH WISE AND OFFSET THAT WILL FIT UNDER THE CAR WITHOUT RUBBING?? AND TIRE SIZING AS WELL TO INSTALL ON THEM JUST GET MAX WIDTH FOR REAR WHEELS FOR MORE GRIP. PIC I GOT LISTED IS STYLE OF WHEEL IM WANTING. MAYBE I'M JUST ASKING FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE IDK THANKS!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Anything is possible. You might have to roll the fender lip to make them fit perfectly. Actually I just saw these on eBay for $165. Look great. 18in though.
    Attached Images

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Wheel help!!

Any wheels that look like that are 5k+. Most after market wheels for the Stsv are going to be 3k+. Just paint the stock wheels its way cheeper.

Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

Due to the 6 lug pattern custom made are your only option.

I had some custom 2 piece iForged Equip V3 made in a 19/20 combo for my V a few years back . . they are for sale . .

I now have some custom monoblock forged from Finspeed 20/20 took forever to get them but very happy with the end result.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

I had to do 3 piece myself it was almost 6K, the lug nut pattern is your enemy. 255-35-20F 275-35-20R with the lowering springs its a really good look!

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

CARID has a few cheaper wheels on their site that claim to fit for around 2k but you won't find them in the size you want. The width and offset are what are going to keep "nice" wheels for the V expensive. If you just want to slap some 20's on it you'll find them, but having a set that are 8.5" front with 10" rear for our cars is gonna cost ya!

awesome yea i was kinda figuring getting a bad ass set of wheels is going to cost some money lol just want a good clean look

GMTURBO Guest

www.trueforgedwheels.com is another option

so what if i just decide to keep stock wheels on car i already have them painted black what is widest tire or best size to put in rear that wont screw with traction and get more grip?

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguyssn View Post
    so what if i just decide to keep stock wheels on car i already have them painted black what is widest tire or best size to put in rear that wont screw with traction and get more grip?
    the ten to twenty millimeters of addtional rubber isn't going to overpower physics. If you want grip get the stickiest tire you can. (FYI 25.4 millimeters = 1 inch)

To answer your question though i think you can fit a 295/35/19 under the rear without issue. YouKnooow might know exacts, as he was running non-stock tire sizes for some time IIRC.

There are more options available in the stock size than there are going up to 285 or 295 widths, and in my opinion if I wanted maximum grip from a street tire I'd probably buy Bridgestone Potenza S-04's or Hancook V12's, both of which are availabe in 275/40/19. If you live in the desert and don't care about anyting but grip get a cheater slick and let the rest of us know how awesome it is

haha k yea i got the hankook v12's on her now it just blows them apart haha may give the potenza's a try c how sticky they are. was actually loolking at the pole positons to put on the car had good reviews and lot of ppl said they stick good.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood_STSV View Post
    the ten to twenty millimeters of addtional rubber isn't going to overpower physics. If you want grip get the stickiest tire you can. (FYI 25.4 millimeters = 1 inch)

To answer your question though i think you can fit a 295/35/19 under the rear without issue. YouKnooow might know exacts, as he was running non-stock tire sizes for some time IIRC.

There are more options available in the stock size than there are going up to 285 or 295 widths, and in my opinion if I wanted maximum grip from a street tire I'd probably buy Bridgestone Potenza S-04's or Hancook V12's, both of which are availabe in 275/40/19. If you live in the desert and don't care about anyting but grip get a cheater slick and let the rest of us know how awesome it is

I'm running 20's but they are a direct up-size, so my ratios remained the "same".

ITL Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMTURBO View Post
    www.trueforgedwheels.com is another option
    True forged has a wheel very similar. Steve is a great guy, I have a set of true forged wheels on my cobra and as soon as I get my lowering springs I will be ordering a set for my sts

sweet i will have to give them a call see what they can do

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

TF prices are pretty decent too. If I go different wheels that's probably the route I'll go.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.