Supercharger rattle in front - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Supercharger rattle in front in Cadillac V-Series Forums; why did you remove the snout? Sounds like your first thought is correct, intake gaskets....
    TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: Supercharger rattle in front

why did you remove the snout? Sounds like your first thought is correct, intake gaskets.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I pulled the snout to 1. Check coupler, which was ok. 2. Clean up the snout from burrs, couldn't get a wire wheel or file completely around on the car. I am also thinking intake gaskets. I guess I'll start with that. I'm getting pretty good and ripping this car apart and putting it back together.

I have the supercharger out. Now just have to hope a local dealer has the gaskets in stock. I'm kind of doubting that, but I'll see. I must say I had no idea how heavy that sucker would be.superchargerout.JPG

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

I got it off by myself once but now I call a friend when I'm ready to pull it. It's not that bad with two guys.

How do your gaskets look?

The gaskets don't look too bad, but they are getting changed for sure. Yeah I'm sure I could have gotten it out with a helper. I have the hoist that I have used twice now so another excuse to use it I guess. It's hard to find people for favors when I seem to need one. LOL

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,09 escalade, 80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Wimps it's only 88lbs lol. I did it 2 time buy my self with out a hoist. I have one just to lazy to dig it out. But it's way better with 2 people. I think I had my supercharger off 7-8 times now. And going to pull the one off the 08 over the winter and fiddle with it.

I can't win with this darn car. Ordered gaskets online much quicker than 5 days from local dealer. The gaskets come bent to all get up. I seriously have the worst luck with car. Now I get to wait another few days to put the supercharger back on and hope the gaskets were the issue.

Ok I have the gaskets replaced and the supercharger back on. Hooked up everything and no change. The car is missing like crazy still. I did manage to pull a P0223 code in addition to the P0300 random misfire codes. I checked all injectors and resistance is within spec. I'm wondering if it's the throttle body or TPS. This car doesn't have many vacuum lines, everything is properly connected, pretty hard to screw them up on this car. I highly doubt a clogged fuel filter would cause this. Spark plugs have about 500 miles on them. Any other thoughts? MAF possibly?

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Try cleaning the maf?

I haven't tried that yet. I could go pickup some cleaner and give it a try.

Clogged cat??? When my cat went bad it was the same codes random missfire bank 2 is all I was getting.

It smells really rich I'm kind of thinking throttle body blade isn't allowing air in. It takes forever to even start and when it does it misses like crazy and stinks like its really rich.

----------

Am I correct to assume the TPS is contained in the throttle body on this car. I couldn't find any info on reacement or troubleshooting on Alldata.

----------

My first one had a bad cat and it was throwing a lean code if I remember correctly.

My car also did not want to start but never though any codes. The tps would not cause it to missfire not run yes but missfire no.

Is there any sure fire way to diagnose a clogged cat? Playing parts changer here has never been a hobby of mine. I'm honestly convinced it's not getting enough air. Unplugging the MAF immediately throws a bunch of codes. I hate to have it towed to the dealer when it's something i'm overlooking. I hate getting beat by a machine.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

If your scanner can log Throttle Position you can check to see if it it open at idle or not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.