Cts-v2 is no upgrade from sts-v
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cts-v2 is no upgrade from sts-v in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So I had some trouble on my sts-v and had a few days while it sat at the stealer... Well ...
    Ninja-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT

Cts-v2 is no upgrade from sts-v

So I had some trouble on my sts-v and had a few days while it sat at the stealer... Well they offered a test drive on a pearl white 12' cts-v without the 3500 dollar raccaro seats. I bought this car and blew the rear end in the first 20 miles. They had it fixed by the next morning so I said ok, I'll keep the car. I drove it to New Orleans and put 600 miles on it and absolutely hated the way it feels. The cabin is full of black plastic and rock hard seats. The sound system however blew me away. The headlights were fantastic as well but overall... Not an upgrade. I saw 6 v's on my ride down there and started to feel not so special anymore. The car looks amazing but drives and rides like a corvette mixed with the upright driving a brick feel of a 300c. So... Verdict is, if you're contemplating on trading up.... Reconsider. I drove my cts-v back to the stealer and traded it for an escalade ext 11' because it got better gas mileage lol...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

Re: Cts-v2 is no upgrade from sts-v

youlllovethe EXT,except for the mileage-its like riding in a couch--and it always scares my wife when were on a longdrive--if your doing 80and pass someone in left lane, you get up to 100 realfast

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I was looking for a CTS-V back in 09 when the V2 first came out but after I drove it I didn't like the Nav popping out of the dash and the layout. Loved the power though! I like everthing right there like the STS and nothing popping up or out. The new CTS is like that so I will be looking at the V3 whenever it comes out. My dealer says it is going to have the LT1 in a twin turbo and de-tuned to around 600-650 hp so we'll see. I think the new CTS looks like a Mercedes and a BMW had a love child.

I absolutely love that ext. The air conditioned seats actually blow ice cold air, silent ride... 10/10 in my book. Just wish the sound system was a bit better with a little more bass.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You could always add a small subwoofer for a reasonable price.

Anybody know how I might tie a small sub into the Bose system? And what kind of subs are most acoustic and not buzzy vibration machines. I'd like to do the same thing to sts-v if anyone has a solid solution

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
    Infinity basslink in my opinion sounds way better than for instance a 10"/12" sub. It has deep bass and integrates well into a car system. It's freq response starts at 20hz

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

audiocontrol lc8 should take care of the signal issues bose made for those tha want to upgrade

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warren View Post
    audiocontrol lc8 should take care of the signal issues bose made for those tha want to upgrade
    You have a link?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.