Cadillac Owners Forum banner

springs

781 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  todrules 
#1 ·
Didn't want to thread jack D3! Is there any other lowering springs out there? A hasty Google search yielded B&G but im sure I am about to be filled with horror stories.

#4 ·
It's been tried before by myself and others. I've placed the orders and found out to be discontinued. Also you will need to fabricate different spacers for the rear shocks, otherwise as far as I have been told the self leveling will keep the rear from being lowered. These are included with the D3 springs. As far as I've been told D3 has the exclusive on these springs. I pre-ordered my set. I've been trying to find springs since I've owned the car going on 2 years.

#6 ·
I also googled the springs and found B&G springs "in stock". Ordered them only to find out they are discontinued. I was about to cut the factory springs until D3 said they were going to get them again. I back ordered them. The price seems high but they are the perfect size and come with the spacers for the shocks. If you try to cut the factory springs, its trial and error. You need to take the car apart and cut a little at first then put the car back together and see how it sits. If its not how you want it, you need to do it again. Also, you need to fabricate something for the shocks. Thats a nightmare! I would rather pay a little more for the right springs and be done with it.

#7 ·
I have no plans to cut them. But what they are asking might as well be $10,000.00. I just dont have it. Also, having to pay $480 to register my car this year didn't help.

I just hope at one point i may be able to find a set and finally lower the 4x4 i drive everyday. :(

#8 ·
I've cut springs in the past, results varied from OK to terrible. I would much rather pay a bit more for the right fit. When I was in my early 20's time was easy to come by to play around. Nowadays in my mid 30's, the absolute last thing I want to do is take something apart and put it back together multiple times. Yeah the price is a bit high for springs, I think the last set of B&G's I bought for a car was around 300. I'm not going to lose any sleep over 129 dollars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.