Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking to buy a STS-V

28K views 156 replies 32 participants last post by  CMNTMXR57 
#1 ·
I live in CT about 30 mins from NYC, I always wanted a STS-v when they first came out. I just sold my Silverado SS and I'm looking to buy a STS-v at a reasonable price. I found a few here and there, black on black preferred. Maybe under 75k miles. I saw in a thread where the 08's have a HUD? If there is anyone out there in the New England area that'd like to sell, message me. Thanks

-Paul

#63 ·
I was at a car cruse the other night with my 08 v parked next to my friends 2011 ctsv 580+rwhp and 3 20 some thing year old guys walk buy and say that gray one (mine) that's the bad ass caddy that black one (his) must be the older non supercharged one. We both just looked at each other and smiled. My car does have the after market hood and fenders and blacked out every thing and no badging on it so it is hard to tell but still funny. But no one ever wants to race me they think its the fast one even when I tell them no its not. Then they think I'm being a dick to them just can't win.

#65 ·
Hi All, just registered after reading few posts. Been looking to buy the STS-V for weeks now. All out of state and I have a hard time trusting what I read in those classifieds. Is anyone here still selling 2006-2007 or 2008 in excellent condition at a reasonable price? I drive the Grand Cherokee as a primary vehicle and would like to have the STSV for weekends. Please let me know. Thanks!

#75 ·
Hello OMG-V,

Welcome to the forum! I understand how a vehicle purchase out of state can be difficult when deciding, but I see other members are engaging with you and trying to help you out. Let me know if there is anything I can assist with. I can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Thank you very much, there seems to be some very warm and knowledgeable people on this forum. I look foreword to tapping into some of the knowledge to make the most of my ownership of the finest car I have ever owned.
American Muscle with class!
Hi 264WOODY,

You very are welcome! Glad you are looking forward to being part of the community in this awesome Cadillac forum. Continue to enjoy your 2007 STS-V!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#66 ·
OMG-v, you sound like me last week, just a little help, what are you looking to spend? I had great info in and out of these forums from the members here. There is a REAL nice one up in Boston that is a STEAL, just a little out of my budget. I got a GREAT deal on mine I picked up Monday, I felt bad too, when the owner and I were on our way to the bank to wire the $ he was getting calls from people offering him 1500 more then I was paying him.

#67 ·
OMG-V said:
Hi All, just registered after reading few posts. Been looking to buy the STS-V for weeks now. All out of state and I have a hard time trusting what I read in those classifieds. Is anyone here still selling 2006-2007 or 2008 in excellent condition at a reasonable price? I drive the Grand Cherokee as a primary vehicle and would like to have the STSV for weekends. Please let me know. Thanks!
There are 12 for sale on car soup right now in the entire country. I didn't check auto trader. There where only 2500 approx ever made so it is a bit of a rare car. To find one in your back yard takes a bit of luck. If you really want one you may have to travel a little. They are out there. The engine and transmission seem pretty solid below 100k miles.

#105 ·
There are 12 for sale on car soup right now in the entire country. I didn't check auto trader. There where only 2500 approx ever made so it is a bit of a rare car. To find one in your back yard takes a bit of luck. If you really want one you may have to travel a little. They are out there. The engine and transmission seem pretty solid below 100k miles.
That is how I wound up with my V. At the time I was shopping for an AWD STS V8, found the V 15 miles from home, drove it at 9pm that evening and bought it. Then I had to go shopping for an additional reliable winter vehicle to replace my 98 Olds. Originally I planned to drop myself down to THREE vehicles, because of the V I'm now at FIVE!

I sure hope it's solid after 100K miles, I'm at 91K now! If not though I bought it from a dealership that covers all their used cars with a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I have it serviced there at manufacturer specified intervals. Hope I never have to take them up on their warranty but if I have to I'll pursue them like a rabid dog to honor their promise. LOL

#68 ·
kac1023 said:
OMG-v, you sound like me last week, just a little help, what are you looking to spend? I had great info in and out of these forums from the members here. There is a REAL nice one up in Boston that is a STEAL, just a little out of my budget. I got a GREAT deal on mine I picked up Monday, I felt bad too, when the owner and I were on our way to the bank to wire the $ he was getting calls from people offering him 1500 more then I was paying him.
Thanks, guys! That was some response time! Better than an ambulance in NYC! Lol. I'm looking to spend around 20k plus minus .... for one that's in nice condition. All I'm seeing is high miles. Don't care about the distance as I will probably have it shipped.

----------

kac1023 said:
Just went to Car Soup. Saw few nice ones. The one with 67k miles in AZ. How do I find the one in Boston?

----------

terrydactul said:
I'm selling my 06 STS V , with 67,XXX Miles. Black Raven/Black interior.
Hi. Are you still selling yours?

----------

chrisoldf said:
Hey Paul
I live just south of Boston. I'm selling my silver/black
06 with 53k. And alot of extras...intake, exhaust, springs, 2 sets of wheels
Brakes upgraded, tinted windows, and dyno tuned etc
Chris
Hi. Do you still have yours? If you do, my email is Dennis.dk.08@gmail.com. Thanks

#71 ·
Gotcha. Born and raised Queens, in nc with military. 9 months ill be out and back to queens. I've seen 1 stsv in LIC. Black. Other than that nobody on the stsv forum. There's a huge thread on the cts-v forum called Long Island v owners unite. Quite a few cts-v guys on these forums. Anyway, good luck finding one. Great car.

#73 ·
Guy.Seminerio said:
Gotcha. Born and raised Queens, in nc with military. 9 months ill be out and back to queens. I've seen 1 stsv in LIC. Black. Other than that nobody on the stsv forum. There's a huge thread on the cts-v forum called Long Island v owners unite. Quite a few cts-v guys on these forums. Anyway, good luck finding one. Great car.
Hey, neighbor! I'm from Brooklyn originally. Not many people around here drive STSV's which is why I want it. Was contemplating getting an M5 with its 500 hp but I know nothing about BMW. Let's see what I find. Hoping for a price drop ))

#76 ·
Cadillac Cust Svc said:
Hello OMG-V,

Welcome to the forum! I understand how a vehicle purchase out of state can be difficult when deciding, but I see other members are engaging with you and trying to help you out. Let me know if there is anything I can assist with. I can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hi 264WOODY,

You very are welcome! Glad you are looking forward to being part of the community in this awesome Cadillac forum. Continue to enjoy your 2007 STS-V!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care
Thank you, Laura! I feel very welcomed.

#79 ·
Hi OMG-V,

Thanks for letting me know the model year! Is there an email address you have that we can interact back and forth with? There are new member restrictions with private messaging, in which it only allows you a certain amount until you have more interactions and posts. I forgot to warn you about that, sorry!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#80 ·
Cadillac Cust Svc said:
Hi OMG-V,

Thanks for letting me know the model year! Is there an email address you have that we can interact back and forth with? There are new member restrictions with private messaging, in which it only allows you a certain amount until you have more interactions and posts. I forgot to warn you about that, sorry!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care
Dennis.dk.08@gmail.com

#83 ·
from "shopping" I learned in 08 they added the HUD which I liked but also added those fender "fake intakes" on the front fenders which I didn't like. other then that I believe they are the same. I was hoping to find a 08-9 but the price goes up and I do highway driving, my insurance would loose their minds with the price of that windshield after 1 every 18 or so months.

#84 ·
1madstsv said:
I'm selling by thunder gray with black/red Lots of custom work very clean low low miles 11,800. It's a 08 I'm in no hurry to sell and it's not cheep but its the rarest color combo made. And I just don't use the car so I'm selling it. I can send you picks if you want. This is my 2nd Stsv I had a 06 before this one. Let me know Ryan.
Hi, are you still selling yours? My email is Dennis.dk.08@gmail.com
Thanks

----------

kac1023 said:
from "shopping" I learned in 08 they added the HUD which I liked but also added those fender "fake intakes" on the front fenders which I didn't like. other then that I believe they are the same. I was hoping to find a 08-9 but the price goes up and I do highway driving, my insurance would loose their minds with the price of that windshield after 1 every 18 or so months.
I just did some digging online and learned that 2008 has HID lights, bluetooth, HUD and blind spot sensor. I don't think I need them but it's nice to have. I'm wondering if I would find one for about 25 or so.

#88 ·
http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/137904,12412/2007-Cadillac-STS_photo.aspx
07 and back taillights. Black surfaces inside the lens.

http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/100_1077.jpg
08+ taillights. Reflective surfaces inside the lens.

http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/100_1058.jpg
08+ interior. Different trim around center stack. 3 buttons on each side of wheel.

http://gtcarlot.com/data/Cadillac/STS/2007/1783745/Interior Color-48914862.html
07 and before interior.

#92 ·
Depends how bad. There's usually a remark about how bad the damage was. Also where the damage was. Front end scares me more. My buddy got hit by an idiot who was driving a manual for the first time coming around a corner. My buddy was not moving. New rim, front left fender, bumper, left headlight and grille. All body work. Nothing internal was affected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.