Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking to buy a STS-V

29K views 156 replies 32 participants last post by  CMNTMXR57 
#1 ·
I live in CT about 30 mins from NYC, I always wanted a STS-v when they first came out. I just sold my Silverado SS and I'm looking to buy a STS-v at a reasonable price. I found a few here and there, black on black preferred. Maybe under 75k miles. I saw in a thread where the 08's have a HUD? If there is anyone out there in the New England area that'd like to sell, message me. Thanks

-Paul

#5 ·
id suggest going to talk with your local cadilac dealer-- he will look for one on the auctions the caddy dealers have on line--he'll bid on any that come up that are what you want. But this car is so rare,you may have to expand your search geographically to find one. I saw one on autotreader a few weeks ago tat ony had 12,000 miles on it

#10 ·
All the searching will soon become worth it once you purchase your V. I live in lake Geneva WI and drove to Indy to test drive one to find out once I got there it wasn't in near as good of shape as pictures seemed to show. 4 months later I got one that was only 3 hours away. Totally worth the hassle. I love this car. Good luck with search

#11 ·
I actually bought two. I was looking at a few for about 6 months. Made the mistake of buying one on ebay in the Chicago area and it turned out to be much rougher than advertised. Well a contract is a contract I figured, after driving it like 5 miles towards Milwaukee, the check engine light came on. I drove it right back to the dealer and demanded my money back. They luckily gave me my check back since I threatened to report them to ebay for misleading transacation. I ended up finding one a few month later. A guy was going to trade his in for a new Shelby. We worked out a deal that was good for both, he got slightly over what the dealer offered him for trade, I got a really well cared for car at a reasonable price. I didn't steal it, but I was happy.

#17 ·
THis wouldn't have happened to been a light platinum metallic at Castle? I test drove one there that was very dirty, needed to be jump started even after the test drive, and had interior parts broken. To say it was "well loved and driven like it was stolen" would've been an understatement. :D

Anyway, I did a nationwide search (unlimited distance on Autotrader), and found mine in Jackson, MS. Got on a flight from Midway airport here in Chicago, and flew to Jackson. Exchanged check and keys, and drove it straight back.

#12 ·
I upgraded so it is easier to get and send messages now. earlier in the summer I was looking and missed out on a black on black/red with like 80k on it for 16. I was interested in one in Long Island at those italians that have that used car reality show. It was a 06 with 44k on it silver on black, they ended up keeping it and chrome wrapping the car, I think it looks horrible. I have a loaner for now so I am not desperate, I would like to find what I want.

#13 ·
I'm selling by thunder gray with black/red Lots of custom work very clean low low miles 11,800. It's a 08 I'm in no hurry to sell and it's not cheep but its the rarest color combo made. And I just don't use the car so I'm selling it. I can send you picks if you want. This is my 2nd Stsv I had a 06 before this one. Let me know Ryan.

#20 ·
Welcome and good luck in your search.

I got lucky in finding mine about 15 miles from home. Was looking for an AWD NS STS at the time because I didn't want a RWD car in the winter. Stumbled on my 07 by accident and decided on the spot it was coming home with me. You don't see them come up very often so I acted quickly.

I just picked up an AWD Audi last week since I won't be able to drive the V in the winter. LOL.

#22 ·
Was looking for an AWD NS STS at the time because I didn't want a RWD car in the winter.
Hi. Just joined. I've been thinking of buying an STS-V for my winter car around Chicago. Of course I'd put snow tires on. Any particular reason why these cars don't do well in the winter? Once I got snow tires on my '96 Caprice ex-trooper car I thought it was alot of fun. When I had Kumho MX on it... not so much.

#26 ·
Lol, I work for a paving Co that works all year. But when it snows we don't work and I have access to pickups at work. I been getting emails and GREAT information on these cars from users and browsing the forums. I'd like to spend high teens, so 08-9's are out of the question. I'm using my fathers duramax pickup now, so I'm good until the snow comes searching for one.

#29 ·
I just don't want the hassle. Even today with the rain, I drove the Suburban. Actually, this is the first time in 3 or 4 weeks that I've driven it here to work, due to the nice weather we've had. I drove it on weekends though, especially while getting the plow mounts on and doing maintenance on the plow itself, but otherwise, this nice weather, it has sat and I've been driving the "V".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.