Looking to buy a STS-V - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Looking to buy a STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by rbzstsv Hitch on vett.. Hitch on v.. Why goddddddddddddd whyyyyyyyy lol Exactly what I thought...
    dl72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by rbzstsv
    Hitch on vett.. Hitch on v.. Why goddddddddddddd whyyyyyyyy lol
    Exactly what I thought

kac1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-v

Re: Looking to buy a STS-V

I bought one today, the 07 in PA, got a great deal on it and it is in GREAT condition, what a BLAST to drive. it has 115k on it and has no mods, has a few small things wrong I can fix, the V emblem is faded in the back, the caddie emblem on the grill is chipped and a tire sensor acts up after a hour or two of driving. The title should be here later this week, so after the holiday weekend it'll be on the road "legally". Thanks everyone for input on these cars, can't wait to play with it, the rear has Pirelli's and the fronts I think are contenentals? looking for rims and or tires.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Congrats. Enjoy the car.

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Congrats kac1023! Let us see some pics when you get the chance!

kac1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-v

I'm not working tomorrow, I will do the best I can, it's such a nice car, never had a Cadillac

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

I'm the same way man, my first Caddy, let alone a performance car. You'll get more gawkers from the 50+ crowd; kids don't know what it is.

Yes. All the other kids think its a cts-v. OHHH that's the one with the corvette motor. You get sick of explaining.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V
    Hey all, I'm a new STS-V owner as well , 24 days and still feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. Got her in Columbus, Oh. An 07 with 82,000 mi. Black raven, out, ebony int. all Stock. This needs fixed... I have questions, I've read , and read and still don't have good clarity on what should be modded and what should not.some say cold air intake, others say factory is best, I don't want to do anything drastic as I want to keep the car dependable. I'm thinking new cat back exhaust is a must to let it breathe, but what about the intake?thanks for any and all input.

Congrats and welcome woody.

Winger67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Congrats to the new owners! I had to put a new roof over my head so it looks like I won't be getting one this year. What did the new owners pay for their rides so I can budget?

264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger67
    Congrats to the new owners! I had to put a new roof over my head so it looks like I won't be getting one this year. What did the new owners pay for their rides so I can budget?
    Thanks on the welcome guys. Keep in mind this is my first Cadillac,and first 300+Horsepower car. I was looking at CTS's and a STS's and my budget was around $12,000 , but stumbled on a STS-V for $14000, but had a rebuilt title, and couldn't get financing, by that time, I had to have one. $19000, later , My "Annette" a 469+ horsepower Beast that I plan taking care of.

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Winger67 View Post
    If everyone here is worried about driving their car during winter wait till you hear that my first mod will be a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
    Hope you manage to keep your car through the winter.

It's not my driving that I worry about, its all the others out there.

Even on a rainy day, VA I95 is scary (and the reason I won't get a bike). Both emergency lanes on the left and right get used frequently because of the idiots on their phones or who are following too close can't stop in time and on a clear stretch you can see a dozen cars dive for the emergency shoulder everytime traffic comes to a stop.

Before the V, I had a Saturn Sky. I quit driving it on bad weather days after a lady in the Suburban behind me (on the phone of course) wound up next to me on a rainy day TWICE, and I was in the leftmost lane! I started driving the Escalade after that anytime we had rain or snow. It cost me an extra $10 a day to commute with it but I'd much rather get hit in that (by a Suburban or anything else) than in the Sky.

And in the snow, forget about it. Probably 9 out of the 10 vehicles you see spun out or flipped over along the interstate on my 50 mile one way commute are SUVs like Escalades, Range Rovers, Grand Cherokees, etc. I've hardly ever seen a passenger car in the ditch, it was always 4wd/awd SUVs.

----------

I already have an SUV. Hate driving it. If my C5 was running it wouldn't be an issue since I like driving it and it's already got the hitch.
    Then you're driving the wrong SUV. Look at something you love and it won't be a bad relationship.

I love my Escalade but if I didn't have that I'd probably have a BMW X5 with the 4.8 or A Porsche Cayenne. I drive 100 miles a day round trip to commute and I tried the econo-box route which lasted all of six months (absolutely hated that car). Now I drive vehicles I love all the time and the 2hrs on the road a day doesn't bug me one bit. After almost 5 years of this commute I'm still perfectly content living as far away from the city as I do.

----------

Hi. Just joined. I've been thinking of buying an STS-V for my winter car around Chicago. Of course I'd put snow tires on. Any particular reason why these cars don't do well in the winter? Once I got snow tires on my '96 Caprice ex-trooper car I thought it was alot of fun. When I had Kumho MX on it... not so much.
    Didn't want to drive a RWD car in the snow no matter what the tires. You either drive on clear days with snow tires on so many times when you don't need them or you get caught with your summer tires in the snow by one of those pop-up storms. No thanks. Then there's always the getting hit by someone else. No matter how good/safe your driving is, it only takes one idiot out there to ruin your day, week, month, etc.

I don't want to deal with fighting an insurance company on a vehicle that isn't easy to replace. My Escalade is a dime a dozen out there on the used market, the V not-so-much on the availability and ease of replacing it should someone else ruin my day.

Besides, it's a good excuse to have more vehicles. I'm at 5 in my driveway and I'm a single guy! LOL!
    1madstsv likes this.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Yes. All the other kids think its a cts-v. OHHH that's the one with the corvette motor. You get sick of explaining.
    You don't even need to have the V series STS for people to think that... :-/

Yep especially the 08+.

----------

People will ask me what the car is. I tell them sts-v. They look a little perplexed and then they say "cts-v?" or "you mean cts-v?" When I give a damn I explain why mine is better.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 264WOODY View Post
    Thanks on the welcome guys. Keep in mind this is my first Cadillac,and first 300+Horsepower car. I was looking at CTS's and a STS's and my budget was around $12,000 , but stumbled on a STS-V for $14000, but had a rebuilt title, and couldn't get financing, by that time, I had to have one. $19000, later , My "Annette" a 469+ horsepower Beast that I plan taking care of.
    Hello 264WOODY,

Welcome to the Cadillac family! I hope your first experience with owning a Cadillac is a great one, especially with a V and its horsepower. If you ever have questions or concerns, Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. We are able to be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.