Looking to buy a STS-V - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Looking to buy a STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Fierofiend Its not just your skill in the winter, it's the idiot behind you with summer tires ...
    mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Re: Looking to buy a STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Fierofiend View Post
    Its not just your skill in the winter, it's the idiot behind you with summer tires who's texting away you also need to worry about.
    ^This, and unfortunately we have a lot of them here in Chicagoland.

beyerch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I have one I'd sell in the 17K range. Not perfect. Was a theft recovery. A couple of minor issues I'm addressing at the moment, but nothing horrible I guess. Mileage is under 40K. Put new tires on it last November and purchased the lifetime alignment special from Firestone....

Winger67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If everyone here is worried about driving their car during winter wait till you hear that my first mod will be a trailer hitch for my bike rack.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Ban!

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

My c5 is way way better in the snow even with 305/30/19 summer tires. The Stsv is the worst car I have ever driven in the snow. And I hall cars for a living and have loaded Jags/vettes/ ford lightings in 2+ inches of snow on the ramps and trailer and 4 on the ground.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Winger67 View Post
    If everyone here is worried about driving their car during winter wait till you hear that my first mod will be a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
    I think you need to look at SUV's. You could transport a Plasma TV in addition to your bike.

kac1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-v

Quote Originally Posted by todrules View Post
    I think you need to look at SUV's. You could transport a Plasma TV in addition to your bike.
    I already have an SUV. Hate driving it. If my C5 was running it wouldn't be an issue since I like driving it and it's already got the hitch.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

First one, 108k miles on an 08, looks good besides a fogged right headlight (~$1100 at the dealer) and looks like the previous owner removed all v badges. Also, 24 pics and not one clear shot of the whole dash area from drivers point of view. Wonder what the reserve is on it. Also rare color.

2nd one even higher miles, don't get the goodies of 08+, other than that I trust this one over the previous one.

Either is too high in mileage in my opinion. Really wish you could see and drive these in person. Another thing is I would never buy a car I haven't driven or seen. So I'd say none of them.

Then again, you take the chance, and worst case you have to throw a couple of g's at it to get it back up to what it should be. If you're comfortable with that possibility, then id say the 08 because of the color and slightly lower miles. That's a rare combo. 08, that color, that interior.

----------

If the leather dash has been permanently damaged in any way, (tears, melted leather due to it getting dried out and being exposed to direct sunlight) the whole dash has to be replaced. Involves removing the steering wheel. Dealer? Just over 3k. Part alone is around 26-2700.

Thanks for the input Guy, I had a 96 Impala SS, two Grand Nationals, a 87 Monte SS, 68 Camaro, 69 RS/SS Clone, the 89' 5.0 Mustang and a few trucks, just sold my Silverado SS. I love GM cars/trucks and like the rest of the member in this forums, we like the "desired" cars. I am in no hurry, just seeing the threads, getting great input. If I get out early from work tomorrow, I might stop by Cadillac and see if I can talk to a tech and see what they say about the cars and what to look for. The 08 on eBay is also missing the engine covers. I shot them a email asking how much delivered to me. The one in PA I also emailed asking about mods, clean title, clean car fax and more pics. I love the HUD in the 08-9's but that emblem on the front fenders doesn't looks right to me, and it looks like the fenders are indented for those emblems so you can't remove them to look like 06-7's.

Guy with the 06 got back to me, bought the car with 9k on it, only put in a windshield and a headlamp (condensation). No mods, all stock, he drives a hr to work. Gonna see if I can get better pics of paint, interior and engine bay.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

I guess I don't understand putting a hitch on a car that really wasn't intended to be a tow vehicle. Several GTO and former F-Body owners do it and it makes me cringe. I understand you have an SUV and you hate driving it. I don't like driving the 'Burb from a performance aspect either, but it serves it's purpose. How often will you be towing? If only occasionally, suck it up and deal with driving it. When I need to tow with mine (yes, I actually do it fairly frequently, including 3,000 pounds of rock recently), I just automatically go get the Suburban's keys. Never in my right mind do I think "hey, if I put a hitch on the Caddy..."

What do you guys think if I go get some custom Western Ultra-Mount brackets for the snow plow put on the "V"?

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    What do you guys think if I go get some custom Western Ultra-Mount brackets for the snow plow put on the "V"?
    Exactly my thoughts on my suggesting if you want to haul stuff, you get the proper vehicle for it!

I don't have the driveway space for too many cars. I use to tow my tires and tools to the track with my C5 sometimes as far as Memphis. Worked out great and sure beat towing a trailer in an SUV for 10 hours. I have no intention on running race tires on a -V but I already have a hitch mount bike rack I use for the C5. Works awesome and if I'm going to be driving 4 hours I'd rather be driving something fun. The more I think about it, I really should be putting more effort into swapping the motor in my C5 then shopping for another car for my HP fix but with these cars approaching high teens it's really becoming tempting.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Hitch on vett.. Hitch on v.. Why goddddddddddddd whyyyyyyyy lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.