Looking to buy a STS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Looking to buy a STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm selling my 06 STS V , with 67,XXX Miles. Black Raven/Black interior....
    terrydactul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Sts V

Re: Looking to buy a STS-V

I'm selling my 06 STS V , with 67,XXX Miles. Black Raven/Black interior.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by todrules View Post
    I actually bought two. I was looking at a few for about 6 months. Made the mistake of buying one on ebay in the Chicago area and it turned out to be much rougher than advertised. Well a contract is a contract I figured, after driving it like 5 miles towards Milwaukee, the check engine light came on. I drove it right back to the dealer and demanded my money back. They luckily gave me my check back since I threatened to report them to ebay for misleading transacation. I ended up finding one a few month later. A guy was going to trade his in for a new Shelby. We worked out a deal that was good for both, he got slightly over what the dealer offered him for trade, I got a really well cared for car at a reasonable price. I didn't steal it, but I was happy.
    THis wouldn't have happened to been a light platinum metallic at Castle? I test drove one there that was very dirty, needed to be jump started even after the test drive, and had interior parts broken. To say it was "well loved and driven like it was stolen" would've been an understatement.

Anyway, I did a nationwide search (unlimited distance on Autotrader), and found mine in Jackson, MS. Got on a flight from Midway airport here in Chicago, and flew to Jackson. Exchanged check and keys, and drove it straight back.

chrisoldf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Hey Paul
    I live just south of Boston. I'm selling my silver/black
    06 with 53k. And alot of extras...intake, exhaust, springs, 2 sets of wheels
    Brakes upgraded, tinted windows, and dyno tuned etc
    Chris

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Was that your car parked down in the parking lot at the intercontinental hotel in Boston around a month ago?

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Welcome and good luck in your search.

I got lucky in finding mine about 15 miles from home. Was looking for an AWD NS STS at the time because I didn't want a RWD car in the winter. Stumbled on my 07 by accident and decided on the spot it was coming home with me. You don't see them come up very often so I acted quickly.

I just picked up an AWD Audi last week since I won't be able to drive the V in the winter. LOL.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    THis wouldn't have happened to been a light platinum metallic at Castle? I test drove one there that was very dirty, needed to be jump started even after the test drive, and had interior parts broken. To say it was "well loved and driven like it was stolen" would've been an understatement.

Anyway, I did a nationwide search (unlimited distance on Autotrader), and found mine in Jackson, MS. Got on a flight from Midway airport here in Chicago, and flew to Jackson. Exchanged check and keys, and drove it straight back.
    It wasn't at Castle, but it was a light platinum, it did have some interior parts broken. I did see the car for sale on ebay a few times after I took it back. Looks like the place sent it to the auction, because another dealer was trying to sell it for ages. I'd be suprised if they got 15k for it.

Winger67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by wake View Post
    Was looking for an AWD NS STS at the time because I didn't want a RWD car in the winter.
    Hi. Just joined. I've been thinking of buying an STS-V for my winter car around Chicago. Of course I'd put snow tires on. Any particular reason why these cars don't do well in the winter? Once I got snow tires on my '96 Caprice ex-trooper car I thought it was alot of fun. When I had Kumho MX on it... not so much.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Wide tires generally means bad traction in the snow but I can't speak from personal experience with this car in the snow yet. I've been told by another owner that its worthless in the snow but that wasn't with snow tires.

Wow. Didn't realize 275 is the stock rear width. FWIW, I was running Dunlop SP Winter Sport 235/55R17 and thought they did pretty well.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Your buying a v for a winter ride? Lmao
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

kac1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-v
    Lol, I work for a paving Co that works all year. But when it snows we don't work and I have access to pickups at work. I been getting emails and GREAT information on these cars from users and browsing the forums. I'd like to spend high teens, so 08-9's are out of the question. I'm using my fathers duramax pickup now, so I'm good until the snow comes searching for one.

I now put mine away (along with the GTO as I always have), for our Chicago winters and drive a 4WD Suburban. Even with traction control and stability control, brand new Continental Extreme Contact DWS's, and driving like a little 'ole lady, I still almost took out a minivan on Shales Parkway 2 winters ago.

That following winter I had my Mother's old 2003 Monte Carlo SS for sensible winter service. I then had to sell the Monte Carlo for her, which then led to talks with the wife regarding me getting something more "winter suitable" this past winter. Hence the 'Burb. This year, I have added a Western snow plow to it for even more added winter utility.

Part of the problem lies in the tire size as mentioned, but also the fact that we're almost into boost even with light throttle application. If you're considering this as a winter vehicle, I would look elsewhere! Or perhaps additionaly buy something cheap, disposable, and sensible for winter roads here.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by todrules View Post
    It wasn't at Castle, but it was a light platinum, it did have some interior parts broken. I did see the car for sale on ebay a few times after I took it back. Looks like the place sent it to the auction, because another dealer was trying to sell it for ages. I'd be suprised if they got 15k for it.
    I wonder of they auctioned/sold it off then. I seem to recall the little door/cover at the bottom rear of the center console was busted off.

I like the occasional challenge. I have a buddy in NY that bought a C5 for his winter car. Loves it. I think he raised it 1.5 inches to get more snow clearance. I guess I could keep my '96 Grand Cherokee for the real bad days but I get bored driving that all winter.

I just don't want the hassle. Even today with the rain, I drove the Suburban. Actually, this is the first time in 3 or 4 weeks that I've driven it here to work, due to the nice weather we've had. I drove it on weekends though, especially while getting the plow mounts on and doing maintenance on the plow itself, but otherwise, this nice weather, it has sat and I've been driving the "V".

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Its not just your skill in the winter, it's the idiot behind you with summer tires who's texting away you also need to worry about.
    wake and Ludacrisvp like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.