Looking to buy a STS-V - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Looking to buy a STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio Cadillac has managed to define Cadillac with "CTS." Everybody's heard of the CTS-V. Only people in ...
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: Looking to buy a STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Cadillac has managed to define Cadillac with "CTS." Everybody's heard of the CTS-V. Only people in the know have knowledge of the STS-V. Same for XLR-V.
    I had a guy ask me today to see the V-12 under the hood.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

I have a co-worker who sill calls it a DTS and he owns a CTS coupe so its all good if you just get CTS-V stuff.

OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ
    I had a guy ask me today to see the V-12 under the hood.
    So did you show it to him? I wonder what he would say if you popped the hood. Lol. "Nice v-12!"
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Just pulled up at an autozone not an hour ago. Guy comes right out

"nice car. that's the-"

Me: "that's not the one with the corvette motor."

I immediately interrupted him because I knew where he was going with it. Didn't let him finish his sentence.

"it's basically a supercharged northstar. 470 hp, still a beast. You're thinking of the CTS-V. This is an STS-V. They stopped making them in 2009."

I guess I was in the mood to humor him today.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    You talking about the little plate thing that has the name of the guy that put the engine together? Tom Morrissey built mine. ---------- The following is a post on cadillacowners. Here is a list of some of the known XLR-V engine builders at Wixom: Tom Morrissey Robert Vernier Ron Hein Charlie Giese Bruce Blomfield Gary Andrews Paul Sage Bruce Elam Ed Richards Bob Trommater It's an interesting read with a link or two that branch out to some more interesting info. http://www.cadillacowners.com/forums/offici...ed-photos.html.
    Check out the site about the place where our V's were built. http://gmpowertrain.com/pbc/pbc-info...rofile-history

----------

"Work began in 2004 with a $10 Million dollar investment to build the 100,000 sq ft. center. The first products produced at the facility were the LS7 engine for the Z06 Corvette and the LC3 S/C Northstar for the STS-V and XLR-V Cadillacs."

----------

Another good source for those looking for more information. http://archives.media.gm.com/us/cadi...0overview.html

Gray rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 stealth gray sts v

Sorry for the delay, just got the car delivered. I found a 06 raven 1 owner, low miles on the west coast. Private seller was a gentleman to deal with. Too a few days to ship and A LOT of phone calls. We'll worth the wait. Just registered it and I can't wait to put on the miles. I'm missing the owners manual however, the gadgetry is beyond belief. Very impressed with the whole package.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Send me your registry info. I might already have it if it was up for sale on AutoTrader.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.