Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No NAV With HUD

24K views 121 replies 14 participants last post by  Guy.Seminerio 
#1 ·
I need some help from you guys. My HUD works fine but I've never had the nav instructions show up on it when there is a route going. I looked in an old forum and 3 people, each of whom had an 09 (non V) had their problems solved by a firmware update. I took my car into the dealer and they said I am up to date and that I need a new nav for $27xx. Based my past with this dealer, my confidence that they are correct in saying my firmware is fully updated is 0.

I'd like you guys to check under the diagnostics screen what your versions are. Some may know how to do this but for those who don't, the instructions are as follows:

Put the car into acc, on, or start.
Get to the map screen by pressing the globe hard key.
Press "menu" soft key.
Above the "memory points" soft key, and directly across from the title "nav menu" is a blank space. Press and hold your finger down there for about 5 seconds until a keypad appears. You are basically pressing on a hidden soft key.
When the keypad appears, type in 295660 for 2008+ cars (9448 for older.)

There are two screens we're concerned with. The "parts info" and the "soft rel."

Under parts info, what is your "navi version?"

What is your soft rel?

I'm really asking this of 2008 (and 2009?) guys because of the HUD. I'm assuming you guys get the nav stuff showing up on the HUD just fine.

Last night I unplugged all the nav plugs in the back and reconnected. No dice. What I'm hoping and expecting to hear from you is that your versions are different from mine which would tell me that in fact I do need a firmware update.

Just a tip, if you guys are on your iPhones or whatever, take a screen shot of these instructions so you can refer to them while you're pulling the info up.

Thanks in advance for taking the time out to do this crap. Appreciate it.

----------

For your reference, here is the old thread I'm referring to. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...0159-nav-turn-instructions-dont-show-hud.html.

See less See more
#120 ·
Carter, yes true. That would solve that problem. Good point.

Fiero, the following is a recent post by ddadler in the STS forums as a response to ludacrisvp asking about the feature after seeing it in my first video:

This is part of the Speed Alert/Speed Advisory system. I upgraded my car to include this (required a 2009+ navigation radio, HUD and instrument cluster). The system retrieves speed information from the navigation disc. Depending on configuration, the HUD (and instrument cluster) will display speed limit data. The system can be configured to provide no warning, warning at speed limit, warning at speed limit +5 or warning at speed limit +10. The HUD display will change from green to amber (and some will then change from amber to red as a second interval). This was a base option in the STS with navigation and HUD for 2009+.

Not sure if it's as simple as swapping a 09+ radio in but he's the one you want to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.