Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No NAV With HUD

24K views 121 replies 14 participants last post by  Guy.Seminerio 
#1 ·
I need some help from you guys. My HUD works fine but I've never had the nav instructions show up on it when there is a route going. I looked in an old forum and 3 people, each of whom had an 09 (non V) had their problems solved by a firmware update. I took my car into the dealer and they said I am up to date and that I need a new nav for $27xx. Based my past with this dealer, my confidence that they are correct in saying my firmware is fully updated is 0.

I'd like you guys to check under the diagnostics screen what your versions are. Some may know how to do this but for those who don't, the instructions are as follows:

Put the car into acc, on, or start.
Get to the map screen by pressing the globe hard key.
Press "menu" soft key.
Above the "memory points" soft key, and directly across from the title "nav menu" is a blank space. Press and hold your finger down there for about 5 seconds until a keypad appears. You are basically pressing on a hidden soft key.
When the keypad appears, type in 295660 for 2008+ cars (9448 for older.)

There are two screens we're concerned with. The "parts info" and the "soft rel."

Under parts info, what is your "navi version?"

What is your soft rel?

I'm really asking this of 2008 (and 2009?) guys because of the HUD. I'm assuming you guys get the nav stuff showing up on the HUD just fine.

Last night I unplugged all the nav plugs in the back and reconnected. No dice. What I'm hoping and expecting to hear from you is that your versions are different from mine which would tell me that in fact I do need a firmware update.

Just a tip, if you guys are on your iPhones or whatever, take a screen shot of these instructions so you can refer to them while you're pulling the info up.

Thanks in advance for taking the time out to do this crap. Appreciate it.

----------

For your reference, here is the old thread I'm referring to. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...0159-nav-turn-instructions-dont-show-hud.html.

See less See more
#102 ·
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...ch?v=AhV38h6jj8g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Driving home, decided to record. Had the iPhone and the steering wheel in one hand, shifting with the other. Anytime the high beams came on it was automatic. Couldn't signal while changing lanes, hence the lane departure warning system triple beeping whenever I switched lanes. As for the sound, engine cover and intake baffles removed for increased supercharger whine. Otherwise, stock. Watch in high resolution otherwise you won't be able to make out what the HUD says.

#103 ·
Went today to the dealer and gave them the TSB and he right away recognized the problem and he asked which of the symptoms do you have :p I told him I don't get the turn by turn on my hud, signed the papers went to the waiting room after an hour he came back saying sorry the update discs we have get scratched and your car didn't read them, they ordered a new ones and told me they gonna call me when the new discs comes, and I got free car wash :p

#107 ·
Hello mjcaddy,

I am glad the dealer was able to order new discs for you and they will contact you once they have them in. I am sorry for any inconvenience you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted after the dealer is able to update your vehicle. If you ever have additional concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#106 ·
Luda, I've been meaning to check the versions. Ill do it tomorrow for sure.

Fierofiend, funny story, I'm the one that uploaded the video and I took it with my iPhone, yet I can't even watch it off youtube unless I'm on my computer. This is the first time I've ever uploaded on YouTube but there was nowhere where I saw I could enable or disable that option.

----------

Mj caddy good to hear you'll at least have the problem solved soon.

#111 ·
#117 ·
yep the settings are "at limit" "limit +5" "limit +10" and off. I don't think there is a +15 i forgot. It goes off info on the nav disc so not all roads are reported, but most major ones are.

If you're set "at limit" the numbers in the HUD will turn red as soon as you exceed the limit. If the limit is 35 and you hit 36, the number turns red and (if you're not in competitive driving mode) "Speed limit 35 MPH" will appear for a few seconds in the DIC. If you're set at +5, then from 36-40 the numbers will be amber. Once you exceed 5 over (41) the numbers turn red. +10, you get it.

Now, when you're coming around a curve and you have those yellow signs to warn you of a reduced speed limit for the curve, the word "Advisory Speed limit XX MPH" shows up in the HUD in yellow to warn you until you get through the "hazardous turn." A common time this would come up is on those off ramps where you're coming off at interstate speeds and going into a 35mph off ramp. You won't see the advisory if you're in manual shifting mode. The reduced speed limit would still show up in the DIC though. Every time the speed limit changes it shows up in the DIC, again if you're not in competitive driving mode.

Nice feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.