No NAV With HUD - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, No NAV With HUD in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Just another update, I went to another dealer today and explained the problem, all of them didn't know what i ...
    mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Re: No NAV With HUD

Just another update, I went to another dealer today and explained the problem, all of them didn't know what i was talking about so i grabbed the Navigation manual that comes with the car and showed them page 2-17,2-18 and told them i dont have that, and i asked online and people said i need firmware/software update, the service guy he said your car is an early 09 and this maybe a later update and you have the newer manual, i told him no. this is available for the 08 as well,
    back and forth with this your model car don't have that and i was telling them that STS have it and i've seen it with my eyes in another car.
    he said i'll go in the back and check if we have any bulletin, he came back with a printout for all the turn by turn GM made car, and list where it shows and where not, and in that printout it shows that STS with YQ1, YQ2 & YQ4 don't have turn by turn on HUD.
    I just left.
    I'm going to another dealer today after work.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Supply them with the tsb number Chris from rippy gave us. Seems simple enough.

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Supply them with the tsb number Chris from rippy gave us. Seems simple enough.
    Yup ... just make sure that they follow what Chris said he had to do:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippy
    Ok, so I called the NavDisc Center and they told me that this software disc is not available on the webstore only over the phone (stupid I know... but whatever)

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah i found that turn-by-turn onstar bulletin first before i found the correct bulletin
    that's why i asked Guy about the turn-by-turn in post #66
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Now that Chris found the tsb this shouldn't be an issue anymore. Refer them to the tsb

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    If they can source the disc. As Chris said its not easily available.

ok i went to Cadillac of naperville after work, I left work around 3:30 and was there around 4, i didnt see the guy I always deal with i saw the other gentleman, and he was swamped, and i really mean it, he had like 6 keys infront on him, and he was rushing to take them with the paperwork somewhere, every other tech already left, and it's the laborday weekend, so I really appreciated that he took couple of minutes to talk to me and he said we do that, BUT <<< he said: we can't guarantee anything!, you might get it working and it might do nothing and in rare cases in can brick your system! and you'll still have to pay us the $135, he said we do stuff like that all the time, people coming to them after fitting a Nav to a non nav car and things like that and they are happily do anything but they cant guarantee that what they do will work,
    and he said please comeback or call us Tuesday and setup an appointment and we gonna do whatever you want but now I cant give my techs anymore because we are swamped.
    I really thanked him for taking the time to talk to me vs just telling me that they are about to close and come back later, i think i'll take my chances and do it next week.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Is this the caddy dealer that is across the street from Toyota? I think they own both. I bought my car from them. I will never go back. Used car manager was the most unprofessional person in car sales I've ever dealt with. After driving for over 2 hours for a 2ND look at a car this prick has the worst attitude, not to mention tells Me everything the salesmen told me was a lie. He used those words. After hours of dealing with this prick and his terrible attitude he wouldn't even let me test drive the car again. Told me the salesmen lied and that we don't do test drives. I told him this is my 2ND time looking that this car and I test drove it the other day but had to bring back asap because it was running out of gas and the sales man was going to gas it up but he needed to wait for the gas cards they use. ( as im staring at the gas tanks in back) he says there is no way I test drove that car. I said I just did but it was out of gas. He says bullshit n walks away from me!! I turned around at the moment and walked out. The new car manager saw this happen and runs out after me. I explain the situation and brings me to his office and hands me the keys n says I'll see you tomorrow, take car for the night. I take it over to a friends that swears up and down that the car was in an accident based on tape lines on inside fender n lack of clear coat over spray from factory. I return next day to ask hoping new car manger will be around. He's off for the day of course. The used car manager walks right up to me n trys the most half hearted apology and he won't even look me in the eyes. I ask about an accident which he Denys. Says he knows the owner who traded it in for a new Cummings and they have done all the service. I show him where the tape lines are n what my painter said. He tells me not to take advice from people who don't have a clue what they are talking about. He says I've owned over 50.classic cars n I buy 100s a week at auction. After more investigating I purchased the car. Few months later filling up on gas run a guy who asks is that the black V from the caddy/Toyota dealer? Yep I said real excited then he quickly asks how great of a deal I got because of all the body work that was done. Turns out it was in an accident. This dealer did the body work per the same used car manager who just lied straight to my face again. The car received new hood, drivers fender, head light, fog light, and few other smalls things because the last owner hit a parked car. This guy says he is always doing that. He is a snake in the grass and lies to so many people. He says that's why they can't keep techs or salesman because of this manager. Long story short it's been. 3.5 years n if anything is the same over there I will never go back n will express to everyone to.stay clear of that place. Sorry for the book I really dislike people like him. I hope your service is much better and that things have changed in the past few years. Good luck with the upgrade!

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    He must sell a lot of cars or the owner(s) wouldn't keep him. Unless he's related to one of them.

Sounds like a piece of garbage of a person. They should get rid of him. People should complain to every agency / group there is until they do. Even by used car salesman standards he's bad.

rbzstsv yes it's that one, but to be honest the other 2 cadillac dealership closer to me also across the street from a toyota dealerships!
    It's the one on Ogden ave.
    I've been doing my service with them for a while now, but only the things that's i cant do myself, the service writer is a good guy and the same with most of the techs i met there, the service people actually helped me find loopholes in the system so they can service my 05 SRX car under warranty.

about the salesmen, i met few of them, I went there one day while my car in service and talked to one guy and i can swear he told me the same lines, that the previous owner bought the car from them new and he always service it by them....
    they all lie... it's not something new, they are salesmen! with all respect to the few honest guys. he start to call me everyday for the next 2-3 months about car they have and wanted me to trade in with them.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    I agree. It sucks to think they are dishonest. I actually went hook line and sinker believing him but on the other hand the new car manager was great! Terrible experience but I LOVE my car. Live and learn. But hopefully you keep having good luck with them. 3 years ago was a long time, many positive changes could be made and hopefully they did. I just don't take my car to any dealerships anymore. Cadillac needs to step up and stop letting these independent dealers ruin the brand. I realize Cadillac can't police every aspect of an independent dealers business model but a system of check and balances needs to be put in place. I think Cadillac has a few employees that can figure something out on the corporate level to keep these guys a little more in check.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Have you tried Heritage in Lombard? My car was routinely serviced there by the previous owner and he raved about their service. I didn't personally deal with them, but you name it they did it for him under warranty and GMPP warranty.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

got the disc set in today ... quicker than they said it would come

Guy, give the service dept. a call and set up your appointment for a time that's good for you
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Will do thanks.

----------

Ok done ill be in tomorrow afternoon.
    Ludacrisvp and mjcaddy like this.

I am so freakin happy. It worked. I want to thank everybody for your help and input especially ludacrisvp and his expansive knowledge on this and Chris for finding this tsb that nobody else seemed to be able to find and rippy Cadillac as a whole. I want to give a special shout out to my local dealer for telling me I need a brand new $3000 navigation system. I'm glad that future 09 sts with this issue will be able to refer to this thread for a no shit answer on how to get the problem solved. Oh and thanks to cadillacforums. I would have absolutely zero ammunition if it wasn't for this forum.
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.