No NAV With HUD - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, No NAV With HUD in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Yeah I'm willing to take the gamble since others have done the same with success. I can probably do anytime ...
    Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: No NAV With HUD

Yeah I'm willing to take the gamble since others have done the same with success. I can probably do anytime on Friday.

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Chris E-Mailed me NAV update disk images and a TSB for my '06 STS and it worked fine. I had no problem with the dealer. Later I mailed copies of the disks and the TSB to a forum member in Moscow, Russia and it worked great for him.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

I think the point that Chris is trying to make here is that the TSB points out the 05-07 models and the firmware update he has is for that TSB while the 08+ has a slightly different nav unit compared to the 05-07 models.
    So the force flash gamble might render the whole unit useless. However, we are hoping that the differences between all the STS navs are minor enough that the firmware would be compatible across the entire line.
    Does this mean using the diag code 3657 and the S/W Update button to force the unit to update? Not sure, this is the trail that is being blazed on your own.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Guy,

If you want to go through service talk to either Albert or Kevin in the service department to set an appointment and get on the schedule. Let them know your situation and that I am involved and (sort of) know what's going on.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I would not try to do the update for the 05-07 on your 09. I think you're asking for trouble. I doubt they're compatible.

I could be wrong, but it's risky unless you confirm that it's compatible.

that's what i'm thinking but what other way could he possibly get a firmware update?
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Chris do any other firmware update discs exist? Newer ones?

----------

In other words, besides these two exact discs, has there ever existed another way to update the firmware on these cars?

----------

Because if not, then the others who had this problem solved through a firmware update must've used these discs too.

----------

By the way I already called the dealer that ordered the map disc for me and lied and told me it was a nav update disc. I specifically said "this is the disc you put in to update the nav, then you take it back and use it for the next guy?" He said yes. Turns out the part number checks out as a map disc. So I call him and tell him I'm not driving an hour so he can put a map disc in my car and see that it doesn't work after I told him twice on the phone before I got there and twice while I was there, that this has nothing to do with the map disc. And I told his service guy personally.

He said he had to do what GM told him.

Guy, I don't know if you could get anywhere with this, but maybe you should try contacting Denso (the manufacturer of the Nav) and see if you can get any info about firmware from them.

When they tell you to talk to GM dealers, tell them they do a bad job of keeping GM informed. Someone knows. You just have to find them.

Interesting I never thought of this. Ill do that tomorrow. Thanks. Meanwhile Chris, please let me know if these were the only update discs that ever were because if so, they're it.

I really don't think so. That bulletin and those discs came out in 2007, so it wouldn't make any sense for the 08+ STSs to need that update.

It's got to be a different update. Also the fact that the version numbers between updated 05s - 07s and 08s - 09s that have Nav working with HUD are different proves it.

So you're thinking there has to be a different update disc for the newer cars. Ill call denso.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    So you're thinking there has to be a different update disc for the newer cars. Ill call denso.
    If you do happen to get ahold of anyone at denso they will likely either have no idea what you are talking about or tell you they can't give you any information about it and maybe tell you to go pound sand.

But good luck either way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

as far as I understand it these discs are to update the 2005-07 systems to have the same firmware that the 2008+ use
    any updates for the 2008+ systems would be done through the normal pathway using the laptop and OBD connector

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

My 2008 has working navigation on hud. Navi 10C0.

Fierofriend, it seems the 08s weren't affected by this. Through old forums I know of 3 people with 09s who had this problem solved with a firmware update. My navi is 0070.

Chris, can your guys do that update for me?

----------

Called denso left a message with someone and didn't get a call back. I don't see that route going anywhere anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.