No NAV With HUD - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, No NAV With HUD in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio Have an appointment with a dealer an hour away tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed. Good luck man. ...
    Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Have an appointment with a dealer an hour away tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.
    Good luck man.
    It's really hard to find a dealer that is willing to think outside the box. (Aka not just what Gm tech line says)

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Hopefully you can convince them because it has to be your FW version.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: No NAV With HUD

Yeah I spoke to the guy on the phone. I explained what happened at the other dealer explained there is no tsb. He assured me he would pop the upgrade discs in. He understands we're talking software update, not map discs here. I explained he is an hour away so I don't need him to not find a tsb and tell me I'm updated. I'm pretty confident we're good here. Ill let you know.

Jeez. Ok so I bring the car in and I reiterate all the stuff from my previous post. I say there IS an update.

I'm in the waiting room for a half hour and the service rep comes out and says "guy you were right." I say "I know I'm right." He has my MAP DISC IN HIS HAND. He tells me there is an updated map disc. I explained to him calmly that the issue here wasn't a map disc. It is a firmware update that only the dealer can do. I explain that there are multiple 09 sts owners who had this very problem solved with a firmware update. He goes back in.

Under 10 minutes later he comes back in and asks me to come into the bay and talk to the guy working on my car. I explain the whole story to this guy. I explain the whole 2 disc thing. Everything. He says he has to call GM and ask about it. I tell him I'm afraid GM is not going to see a tsb and tell me to take a walk, my nav is updated. He assures me this won't happen. I even show him luda's post where he copies Pontiacv8's old post showing the 2 discs and showing the part number. He says he has to call. I go back and wait.

Service rep comes back shortly after with my no charge receipt showing a part number for the disc they had to order to fix my nav. They say it could be weeks before they get it in. I say, "this is the disc you can reuse on other cars to update their nav software?" He says yes. He'll call me when the disc comes in. I show him the post this time, the part number of the update discs. He says "we have those but GM says its not for your car. It could freeze up your nav. It's for the older cars." I say ok and I leave.

I come home, and just before I do this post, I google the part number of the nav firmware update disc he will be ordering. 22944166. THE 2013 MAP DISC! F@&$ me.

Any suggestions? I figure ill play his game, go in when he gets the MAP DISC!! it won't work, and then ill tell him to go ahead and use those discs that might "freeze the nav" to upgrade my firmware. What do you think?

I love dealing with unknowledgable, incompetent Cadillac dealers.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

I already talked to the place I got my STS from (Rizza Cadillac Buick) and one guy jumped and he said no it wont be done! and the other one said yeah you can order the new map discs and you can do that through our parts department, so I just decided to leave, life too short to argue with them people.
    I'll call my guys at Cadillac of Naperville and see what they will say, they are pretty much open minded, you can find all kind of moded cars there and they welcome it with no problem, saw CTS-V one time at their shop with Vette 7.0 LS7.

Nice man thanks. Let me know. Need an open minded dealer. Have a place I can stay at in st Petersburg in Florida, queens ny, and obviously fayetteville nc.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Jeez. Ok so I bring the car in and I reiterate all the stuff from my previous post. I say there IS an update.

I'm in the waiting room for a half hour and the service rep comes out and says "guy you were right." I say "I know I'm right." He has my MAP DISC IN HIS HAND. He tells me there is an updated map disc. I explained to him calmly that the issue here wasn't a map disc. It is a firmware update that only the dealer can do. I explain that there are multiple 09 sts owners who had this very problem solved with a firmware update. He goes back in.

Under 10 minutes later he comes back in and asks me to come into the bay and talk to the guy working on my car. I explain the whole story to this guy. I explain the whole 2 disc thing. Everything. He says he has to call GM and ask about it. I tell him I'm afraid GM is not going to see a tsb and tell me to take a walk, my nav is updated. He assures me this won't happen. I even show him luda's post where he copies Pontiacv8's old post showing the 2 discs and showing the part number. He says he has to call. I go back and wait.

Service rep comes back shortly after with my no charge receipt showing a part number for the disc they had to order to fix my nav. They say it could be weeks before they get it in. I say, "this is the disc you can reuse on other cars to update their nav software?" He says yes. He'll call me when the disc comes in. I show him the post this time, the part number of the update discs. He says "we have those but GM says its not for your car. It could freeze up your nav. It's for the older cars." I say ok and I leave.

I come home, and just before I do this post, I google the part number of the nav firmware update disc he will be ordering. 22944166. THE 2013 MAP DISC! F@&$ me.

Any suggestions? I figure ill play his game, go in when he gets the MAP DISC!! it won't work, and then ill tell him to go ahead and use those discs that might "freeze the nav" to upgrade my firmware. What do you think?

I love dealing with unknowledgable, incompetent Cadillac dealers.
    Hi Guy.Seminerio,

I understand your frustration with your current situation. I would like the opportunity to further discuss the software update with you. If you reach out to us via private message, we are more than happy to look into your situation with you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Actually Laura, I may just take you up on this one since the knowledge is right here in the forums but non existent at the dealer. I'll let you know shortly if I need you to intervene.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Actually Laura, I may just take you up on this one since the knowledge is right here in the forums but non existent at the dealer. I'll let you know shortly if I need you to intervene.
    Hi Guy.Seminerio,

Sounds good. I will be on the lookout for any messages from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Guy,

I have those discs (15943724) by the way ...
    Ludacrisvp likes this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Chris,

If you're asking me to drive 1 hr and 40 minutes for a nav update, I'm so in. I gotta see how I'm looking this weekend. I may be able to do Friday. Should I get with you or call service? Thanks a lot by the way.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Chris,

If you're asking me to drive 1 hr and 40 minutes for a nav update, I'm so in. I gotta see how I'm looking this weekend. I may be able to do Friday. Should I get with you or call service? Thanks a lot by the way.
    That would be the ticket.
    Perhaps try to just use them to update if that fails then maybe try to use the diag code and put the unit in update mode? To try to force a flash?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Speakin Spanish to me hopefully Chris gets it.

What does it take to open up a tsb. Do you think if this works for me along with the others in the forum, customer service could somehow push for a tsb so future 09 users don't have to go through this crap? I guarantee 80% of the 09s out there are missing this function and don't know, don't care, or tried and failed like I would have if it wasn't for this forum.

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Be really careful with that. I'm not sure about the 08s and up, but with the 05s - 07s there is a very specific way that the firmware is updated with the Tech II and CDs.

There have been a few who have hit the update button while in diag mode and they turned their Navs into bricks. Then you have to have a dealer reload the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    That would be the ticket.
    Perhaps try to just use them to update if that fails then maybe try to use the diag code and put the unit in update mode? To try to force a flash?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

all I know is that I have the discs... i've even emailed them to people
    the instructions are in the bulletin (as far as I know)
    and i think it has been posted a few times (here's one)

being that your car doesn't fall into the bulletin you're taking a risk
    my service department might be willing to help out
    or i can try and talk to one of the guys and see if they want to do a little side work
    but you'll pretty much have to tell them what you want them to do

even for cars that do fall under this bulletin not many people have heard of this or have done nav firmware updates

if someone else has done what you want to do then basically you're just following their lead
    so you can kind of be confident in that

if not then you're blazing a trail for others to follow and kind of just have to wing it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.