Drove the XTS Vsport today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Drove the XTS Vsport today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Stopped by dealer for oil change. While waiting, GM stops by to chat. Says he just got an XTS-V in ...
    bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Drove the XTS Vsport today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring

Stopped by dealer for oil change. While waiting, GM stops by to chat. Says he just got an XTS-V in today. So we went for a drive. My impressions:
    Decent size - slightly larger than the STS-V. Front seat room is great. Rear seat legroom is deceptive, since the rear seats have a LOT of depth. Might be an issue for really tall folks only if the person in the front seat pushes it ALL the way back.
    Voice activated controls are AMAZING. No more stupid, cryptic, staccato commands you have to remember - just talk. It recognizes 12,000,000 words and phrases. Understood myself and Paul (GM) who has a pretty thick Brittish accent. No problems. Switched back and forth between us with none of the "pardon" or "no speech detected" crap we are all used to.
    No more buttons - touch screen and touch controls. Very sleek. Lots of device support (up to 10 devices). So phone, iPod, bluetooth devices, SIM card support, USB jacks, everything.
    3.6L Twin Turbo with very quick and responsive paddle shifting. Almost NO turbo lag. Auto trans, but "sport" mode with manual paddle shifting is there and responds much quicker than our tip-tronic trans. Close to what I have in the AMG. Magnetic ride control. Automatic adaptive all-wheel drive - meaning that if it detects wheel slip, it jumps automatically into all-wheel drive; automatically reverts to rear-wheel above 30-35mph. Something I could really use here in Chicago in the winter! Not as much power as our V, but very quick. Power is there if you need it.
    Interior is nearly on par with ours - certainly much better than the CTS junk of old. Decent trunk space which can easily hold 3-4 sets of golf clubs, and has fold-down split rear seats if you really need more room.
    Not as quick as the Tesla I drove last week, but certainly nicer inside than any Tesla. And significantly cheaper than the $100K you would pay for a performance-series Tesla.
    Loaded, out the door cost of the XTS-V was $70,280.
    I shot pictures of outside the car and the sticker. Not much to see under the hood with the panels all in place. I can try and upload if anyone wants to see them.

Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V
    So was this a Vseries or a V? I read the XTS-Vseries has the 410 twin tarbo.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

Re: Drove the XTS-V today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring

The XTS Vsport is the one with the turbo V6. That chassis is front wheel drive with all wheel as an option (mandatory on the Vsport). It is not likely to revert to rear wheel drive when no wheel slip is detected.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Yes it's the v sport.

----------

They're not making a full fledged v for the xts. And when I rented the xts I have to agree about the voice recognition. Excellent. Ill never get used to that horrible side view. Hood is way too short. Front wheels are practically under you. Look at what Mazda did with the new Mazda 6. Got the wheels a little further out front on a fwd car. Something to do with tilting the engine I think? Best looking family fwd sedan if you ask me.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Ludacrisvp likes this.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/130629918

One of those pics is a side shot. You'll see what I'm talking about.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
    O goodness even V series owners are recognizing the V sport as a V series. Did the vehicle feature the neutered V badge? I also thought this car's all wheel drive was front wheel biased...

Yep front wheel biased

Yes, it has the neutered badge, so it is a V-series car. While I personally don't care for the overall shape of the car, and my son said the front end looks silly, I was primarily commenting on the overall size of the car. Similar inside to our STS-V with quite a few more electronic creature comforts than we have. Didn't really notice the "short hood" when driving, but wasn't really paying attention to that. I have pics, just have to get them up here.

Bob

I have seen F, M, and AMG sports and I and i think the general public never considered them to be in the same pedigree realm as the models they are inspired by.

Cadillac V sport models are respectable performers but they are not V series Cadillacs; there is a distinguishable difference between V sport and V series Cadillacs and I expect my statement to be supported when the next gen CTS-V drops.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

V-Series

VSport
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Wish I could wait for the new version of the V, but not sure I will. I may push past the end of my extended warranty, but if even one unexpected item pops up that is going to cost me considerable $, then I will probably bail on my V. I love the car and have enjoyed driving it these past 8 years, but I won't let it start to Jackson & Benjamin me do death (as opposed to nickel & dime ). I guess I will have to keep my options open and fingers crossed.

Bob

I was impressed with the base model XTS (handling and room) so I'm sure the platinum VSPORT will deliver on that car's purpose. My biggest reservation would be the dated 6 speed auto and the front biased AWD.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I never understand that financial argument. If you want a new car go for it, but don't kid yourself that you're saving money by spending a ton of it on a new car. That's a lot of repairs worth.

It's almost always cheaper to keep your existing car and pay for repairs, unless you plan to buy a really cheap car.
    wake, parkeraire and Guy.Seminerio like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.