Drove the XTS Vsport today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Drove the XTS Vsport today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Maybe I need to see one in person. From the pics the shape makes me think of a dressed up ...
    wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Re: Drove the XTS-V today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring

Maybe I need to see one in person. From the pics the shape makes me think of a dressed up last generation Chevy Malibu.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

I like the interior of the xts, but never bothered driving one because of the V6. Been anticipating this v sport, so might be time to go try one out.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-sts-v View Post
    Stopped by dealer for oil change. While waiting, GM stops by to chat. Says he just got an XTS-V in today. So we went for a drive. My impressions:
    Decent size - slightly larger than the STS-V. Front seat room is great. Rear seat legroom is deceptive, since the rear seats have a LOT of depth. Might be an issue for really tall folks only if the person in the front seat pushes it ALL the way back.
    Voice activated controls are AMAZING. No more stupid, cryptic, staccato commands you have to remember - just talk. It recognizes 12,000,000 words and phrases. Understood myself and Paul (GM) who has a pretty thick Brittish accent. No problems. Switched back and forth between us with none of the "pardon" or "no speech detected" crap we are all used to.
    No more buttons - touch screen and touch controls. Very sleek. Lots of device support (up to 10 devices). So phone, iPod, bluetooth devices, SIM card support, USB jacks, everything.
    3.6L Twin Turbo with very quick and responsive paddle shifting. Almost NO turbo lag. Auto trans, but "sport" mode with manual paddle shifting is there and responds much quicker than our tip-tronic trans. Close to what I have in the AMG. Magnetic ride control. Automatic adaptive all-wheel drive - meaning that if it detects wheel slip, it jumps automatically into all-wheel drive; automatically reverts to rear-wheel above 30-35mph. Something I could really use here in Chicago in the winter! Not as much power as our V, but very quick. Power is there if you need it.
    Interior is nearly on par with ours - certainly much better than the CTS junk of old. Decent trunk space which can easily hold 3-4 sets of golf clubs, and has fold-down split rear seats if you really need more room.
    Not as quick as the Tesla I drove last week, but certainly nicer inside than any Tesla. And significantly cheaper than the $100K you would pay for a performance-series Tesla.
    Loaded, out the door cost of the XTS-V was $70,280.
    I shot pictures of outside the car and the sticker. Not much to see under the hood with the panels all in place. I can try and upload if anyone wants to see them.

Bob
    Hello Bob,

Thanks for sharing this with everyone. It seems like you had a positive experience while test driving the XTS-V. I am glad you have enjoyed your STS-V the past 8 years. As you saw with your recent dealership visit, there are newer models out that I am sure will accommodate you when needed in the near future. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever have any questions.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by PNBLWZD View Post
    I like the interior of the xts, but never bothered driving one because of the V6. Been anticipating this v sport, so might be time to go try one out.
    Hello PNBLWZD,

Many people comment on enjoying the interior of the XTS. I recommend you go out and test drive one yourself; you might be surprised! Please contact us if concerns or questions arise. We can be contacted via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

No V8 and rwd, no interest. (yes, I get that they're not reverting an XTS to rwd).

The replacement for the STS will be a CTS-V.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Laura,

please do not add to the confusion by calling this an XTS-V ... it is a Vsport

there is a big difference and people are getting confused between the V-series and the Vsport

we don't need to help the confusion along... plus it doesn't make you look good when it comes to product knowledge

thanks,
    chris
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: Drove the XTS-VSport today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring

Rippy,
    tried to change the name of the thread to "VSport"
    hope it worked.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    No V8 and rwd, no interest. (yes, I get that they're not reverting an XTS to rwd).

The replacement for the STS will be a CTS-V.
    That's what I did about a month ago, but will still check it out.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-sts-v View Post
    Rippy,
    tried to change the name of the thread to "VSport"
    hope it worked.
    Only works for the post you're currently making

a mod will have to change the name of the thread

probably not going to happen
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Only works for the post you're currently making

a mod will have to change the name of the thread

probably not going to happen
    Gotcha Covered!
    Guy.Seminerio and Nimoch like this.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by gizmoq View Post
    gotcha covered!
    thanks !

rkj4243 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Luxury Sedan AWD Black Raven

Re: Drove the XTS Vsport today - decent trade-up if your warranty is expiring

The Cadillac XTS, Buick LaCrosse, and new Chevrolet Impala all share the same vehicle platform, Epsilon and are FWD based designs.
    The next large Cadillac model that is "upcoming" will be based on the new GM Omega platform and is RWD based.
    It is larger than current Alpha (ATS and new CTS) and more along the lines of the next generation Zeta (Camaro).
    The Cadillac XTS as it currently is should only be in production a few years, until the new platforms are released.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Actually the next gen camaro is going to be on alpha, which is the platform that underpins the ats and 2014+ cts.

hiltonny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Yeah just saw this on the ctsv forum. Beautiful car. I like how ours has the chrome only on the bottom of the side windows. They should do that with this one to clean it up. Really a beauty though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.