Cadillac STS-V Sport Springs back in stock early September!! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac STS-V Sport Springs back in stock early September!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; You have MY stockers.......lol...
    PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Cadillac STS-V Sport Springs back in stock early September!!

You have MY stockers.......lol

1madstsv is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    You have MY stockers.......lol

I don't know what you speek of????

Lol

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

photo 3.JPGwell not trying to be a jerk to guys on here that haven't got springs yet but overall very impressed with ride height and ride quality of the springs im sure they will settle a little more slightly but not bad at all. caught more hell trying to get alignment right than installing them lol photo 2.JPGphoto 4.JPG
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Very nice. Love what you've done with it by the way. I'm going with blue calipers soon. Springs came in a couple nights ago. Installing them on Saturday.

Cadzilla8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
    I was looking at my car today and the gap between wheel and fender bothers me way too much especially in the rear. I want to pick up 1 of the 2 sets left on eBay I hope I get the money together in time before they're gone. Waiting to put tires/brakes/ and possibly rotors. Wanna do it in one big sweep but springs and rotors are still waiting to be purchased. (Non MRC STS)
    EDIT: if any of you stsv guys who just upgraded springs still have your stock springs I may be interested in them shoot me a pm.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadzilla8
    I was looking at my car today and the gap between wheel and fender bothers me way too much especially in the rear. I want to pick up 1 of the 2 sets left on eBay I hope I get the money together in time before they're gone. Waiting to put tires/brakes/ and possibly rotors. Wanna do it in one big sweep but springs and rotors are still waiting to be purchased. (Non MRC STS)
    EDIT: if any of you stsv guys who just upgraded springs still have your stock springs I may be interested in them shoot me a pm.
    V springs are no lower than non v. They are simply stiffer.

To say the car drives and looks as it probably should have straight from the factory is an absolutely understatement. Just drove home on the D3 springs and new Conti extreme contact DWS. Car drives and handles excellent. Still absolutely comfortable. As a matter of fact the guy who did the work said he was surprised how good the ride was after the installation. He expected it to be much more jarring. The change is noticeable though, especially in its composure handling curves. I'm very happy. Car looks a little better but I understand there is still a while to go before they set in.

I'm planning on doing a wash, clay, wax next weekend to prepare for winter so I'll snap a few pics.
    Nimoch likes this.

Carlosg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STs v
    So I call d3 and order the spring they says will ship out on tuesday, I'm going to put new strut on it. I have a idea of getting my cv7 wheels extended to 10 inch, it will cost about 350 a wheel. Do yall think it should fit.

Cadzilla8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    To say the car drives and looks as it probably should have straight from the factory is an absolutely understatement. Just drove home on the D3 springs and new Conti extreme contact DWS. Car drives and handles excellent. Still absolutely comfortable. As a matter of fact the guy who did the work said he was surprised how good the ride was after the installation. He expected it to be much more jarring. The change is noticeable though, especially in its composure handling curves. I'm very happy. Car looks a little better but I understand there is still a while to go before they set in.

I'm planning on doing a wash, clay, wax next weekend to prepare for winter so I'll snap a few pics.
    Hows the clearance clarence? Is it too low or are you happy with the height? I scrape pulling forward into to most ramps now I'm worried I might destroy my bumper if I'm .75 lower it sure would look good and the sportier handling from stock sts to these springs must be amazing. Was an alignment required after install the springs? Because I have tires and brakes waiting to be put on but I was waiting for possibility of getting these springs

So far no issues with the clearance but I drove from the place and back. About 5 miles. The clearance will surely get worse as the springs set in. I've said this in the past, I'm worried about when I move back to ny. It's gonna be a uhaul with flatbed and I'm afraid of scraping on the bottom. Not so much in the front because I can always add some wood to make the grade less steep, but between the front and rear wheels. When my fronts get to the top of the incline, will the bottom scrape before the rear tires get high enough? Don't forget, it's 3/4 inch up front, but 1 1/4 in the back.

http://www.parkingconsultantsltd.com/ramps.htm
    Scroll down a little on that page and you'll get a visual of what I'm talking about in case I'm not being clear.
    Alignment.. Yes you need to get an alignment. Not only that, but you want the alignment checked 4-6 months after you install them due to the springs setting in. And then once more about a year after you install them.

I am happy with the ride height but let's just say I look forward to it settling down a little more.

Just washed my car by the way and at 5'7" I'm having a much easier time reaching the middle of the roof.

Funny thing is the lowered height accentuates the fact that you can definitely fit wider rims in these wells. No plans for that though. I'm looking at blue calipers next.

Factory spring rates are 400lbs up front and 380 out back.
    D3 makes it 525.412 up front and 496.857 in the back.
    That equates to +125.412 lbs front and +116.857 rear, about 32% and 33%, respectively.

All that info is courtesy of Dr. Design on another post about the springs, back in March of 2009.

That being said, how does competitive driving mode work when it stiffens the ride? Does it electronically increase the spring rates? If so by how much? Anyone know this info?

It adjusts the dampening of the shocks. There's no way to adjust the spring rates electronically.

Ah. So damping ratio, or coefficient is quantifiable, yes? If so how does comp driving mode damping compare to damping when not in comp driving mode. Anyone know this?

BTW thanks for that 1badcad.

I know for the F55 magnetic ride sts switching between touring and sport suspension modes changes the viscosity of the magneto fluid thus giving a softer vs sportier ride and handling capabilities. I am unsure how the V series shocks function. It amazes me they did not get magnaride.

Started on my car at about 6:30 last night. Wash, dry, clay bar, swirl remover, wax. Got done at 3:50 in the morning. Glad it's all over. I did tire shine too. I usually don't since it's pretty much a waste with all the brake dust, but I knew I would be taking pics. Took these a couple of hours ago. Some real nice shots. Car has been on the D3 springs for 6 days now. Enjoy.

http://s932.photobucket.com/user/guy...?sort=3&page=1

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Started on my car at about 6:30 last night. Wash, dry, clay bar, swirl remover, wax. Got done at 3:50 in the morning. Glad it's all over. I did tire shine too. I usually don't since it's pretty much a waste with all the brake dust, but I knew I would be taking pics. Took these a couple of hours ago. Some real nice shots. Car has been on the D3 springs for 6 days now. Enjoy.

http://s932.photobucket.com/user/guy...?sort=3&page=1
    Absolutely outstanding! And I rarely use that term.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.