Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac STS-V Sport Springs back in stock early September!!

29K views 159 replies 34 participants last post by  Rboughne1 
#1 ·
We got the emails and the phone calls. You want D3 STS-V Sport Lowering Springs for your Cadillac. We are happy to announce we have started another production run for the Cadillac STS-V and STS application. Limited quantities will be produced, so please make sure you get your order in ASAP. STS/STS-V sport lowering springs will be available for shipping and installation early September. Please contact your local D3 authorized retailer or sales rep to ensure you get a set of sport springs before they are all gone.

http://d3groupinc.com/cadillac-sts-...true&preview_id=2926&preview_nonce=86bbf3d63b

For more information or to place your order, please contact us at 562-595-8518 or email info@d3cadillac.com.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

See less See more
#153 ·
Glad you like them. The rear comes down 1.25 in and the front .75 in with these springs so the rear will lower more than the front.

I went with these alignment specs.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/193121-over-aligned.html

Printed them out and gave them to the people doing the alignment.

About two weeks later I had them aligned again and sure enough with the car settling there was a lot of adjustment necessary to get back to these specs.

Next, with these springs, those alignment specs will not be possible to duplicate to a tee. Not sure the details but it had to do with the camber. So the guy came as close to those specs as possible. I too am on new tires so I care about how they wear. We'll see.

#154 ·
Guy.Seminerio said:
Glad you like them. The rear comes down 1.25 in and the front .75 in with these springs so the rear will lower more than the front. I went with these alignment specs. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/193121-over-aligned.html Printed them out and gave them to the people doing the alignment. About two weeks later I had them aligned again and sure enough with the car settling there was a lot of adjustment necessary to get back to these specs. Next, with these springs, those alignment specs will not be possible to duplicate to a tee. Not sure the details but it had to do with the camber. So the guy came as close to those specs as possible. I too am on new tires so I care about how they wear. We'll see.
Thanks for the advice with those specs, I have a STS with standard suspension and shocks not sure if it would be different between STS and STSV and rear camber is too negative (tilted in on top) and it doesn't look right so hopefully the shop will be able to get this as close to correct as possible
EDIT:Shoot reading through that thread it's pretty clear the standard STS specs are much different

#156 ·
So I did lower my car put new strut and the new upper control arm they were sold as a assembly the part #gm 25847857 gm 25847858 there is core charge. Could not really tell about the noise. Did not drive the car that much took to shop for collision repair someone back into my wife a month ago. Try to post picture but could not get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.