I love This Car!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, I love This Car!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I just have to say, i love this car. When i get in it's like a tiny vacation for my ...
    ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V

I love This Car!!

I just have to say, i love this car. When i get in it's like a tiny vacation for my senses. Its comfy, sounds great, and it feels private. I have had faster cars, sure. What is it about this car? That leads me to some questions for the gurus that post in this section. I plan on doing some light mod work to this car and wanted to get some opinions on some parts to pick up.

The first think i want to do is the TimmyC intercooler. This is obvious since i live 18 inches from the Sun. What i was curious about, is once the Spectre 1 and 2 goes on I also want to change to some better spark plugs and change the oil.

What oil is preferred by the pros here? What spark plugs? I want to be able to knock it all out at once before it goes on the rollers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: I love This Car!!

I would STRONGLY suggest doing the timmyc intercooler upgrade before ANYTHING else. it is required once a pulley is added and such a huge help you would be silly to not make that your first mod. I am currently running TR6 copper plugs in mine and those are what I suggest. I don't like that the iridums could cause big issues if the strap gets wore off (which happened on my first set, got lucky there). I go with penzoil platinum oil, but I change mine every 5k for 30$ through a hook up I have. lol. also change the plugs every 10k. I am way overkill on maintence but since I race my car so much I have to be ahead of the game for sure.

I am thinking the same way. The heat here kills the V. I have three intercoolers on my GTO just to keep the Trans from killing itself.

the trans temps with the little dinky cooler we have don't hardly ever get above 200 in my car, and like I said, when I take it out to play itll see 4 or 5 runs back to back non stop for hours, at least 4 nights a week. I play with it. lol. youll notice a difference with the heat xchanger and nothing else being done on the top end, mine is only running 13-16* of timing through the rpms currently but HUGE difference, will be retuned shortly and prolyl gunna bump that to 4-7 across the board.

Although i am coming off getting freight trained by a e55 Merc AMG on the freeway. I guess i feel that a car this well build should just be a tiny bit faster. First, i tackle the heat problem.

youll notice a huge difference with just that, and itll be even bigger once the pulley and intake are done. HUGE HUGE HUGE difference when your not running double ambient temps. (or more..)

I am also working with my tuner to fix some things. He is VERY fimiliar with the 6L80 and GM compooters.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ChurchSTSV View Post
    I just have to say, i love this car. When i get in it's like a tiny vacation for my senses. Its comfy, sounds great, and it feels private. I have had faster cars, sure. What is it about this car? That leads me to some questions for the gurus that post in this section. I plan on doing some light mod work to this car and wanted to get some opinions on some parts to pick up.

The first think i want to do is the TimmyC intercooler. This is obvious since i live 18 inches from the Sun. What i was curious about, is once the Spectre 1 and 2 goes on I also want to change to some better spark plugs and change the oil.

What oil is preferred by the pros here? What spark plugs? I want to be able to knock it all out at once before it goes on the rollers.
    Hello ChurchSTSV,

I am happy you love your Caddy! I see the community has already reached out to you to help answer your questions. I love seeing the awesome interactions between Caddy owners and enthusiasts. If there are ever any concerns or other questions you have, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Definitely address the heat issue. I want to do the upgrades myself, and am also interested in that super chiller that Gizmo (I think it's Gizmo), has. My problem is, I have to stop spending money on my cars.

Although, again, I must say, I don't know about this car being necessarily "well built". There is a lot of stuff on the car that is put on with the Lee press on connectors and in general are flimsy even to the touch (rocker panels, undercarriage panels, heat shielding around the exhaust, and some stuff under the hood. For instance, this past weekend, I found that my intercooler fill tube, it's 10mm nut that holds it to the firewall bracket, was finger tight. Not that they have a ton of torque to hold them down, but still... My rocker panels rock in the wind, my under hood plastic shrouding (the one over the radiator that I specifically keep on to aid in cooling), even when securely in place rattles when the hood is closed, etc... My wire mesh grills (both), in front as well as the little one in back, all rattle also. And I don't think that there is a Cadillac emblem on the car (other than the center caps on the wheels), that the wreath of the logo has partially come unglued. Oh, and lest I forget the far left side of my LED third brake light has come unglued too.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Hmm I was just washing it today and noticed one of the rocker panels was quite flimsy and if you push on the part of the bumper behind the rear wheels, it seems very flimsy.

1madstsv is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Most e55 are not stock any more. They are a beast when modified.

This one was stock. It was silent and filled with adults. Haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.