Please give me good news - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Please give me good news in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Yeah, I've never seen a wheel bearing bad enough to cause a shake either. Only way I could tell other ...
    TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: Please give me good news

Yeah, I've never seen a wheel bearing bad enough to cause a shake either. Only way I could tell other than the noise was by feel when turning it by had with the wheel off. Sometimes it's impossible to figure out which side is bad from the sound alone. That's why you have to feel.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

my wheel bearing caused a shake. didn't make MUCH noise, but cause annoying vibration. went to autozone, got the cheapy $50 one and it went away. now when I replaced the pads on the driver side the bearing was grinding, so itll be replaced soon enough. only takes 15min. lol

terrydactul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Sts V

Thanks everyone for the input so far... Do you guy's think based on my problems that my car is safe to drive?

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,09 escalade, 80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I would be concerned its a bad cord in a tire and that can go a any time. If you are 99.5% shore it's not the tires you should be fine to drive it.

Guess ill buy 2 new front tires and see where that gets me, i'm transferred 3.5 hours from home for work for the next 4 weeks making the drive back home for the weekends. I need this shake gone before something bad happens while I'm out of town.. Is it strange that it's been to two different shops( Cadillac and Firestone) and no one has said "hey your wheel bearing is bad" or something along those lines? I paid cadillac over 200 dollars to "diagnose" the issue and they came up with bent wheels, and they also did a full vehicle inspection and mentioned nothing to me other than the front wheels being bent.

We're these the tires that were on the bent wheels?

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

im currently driving on a slightly bent rear rim. just don't have time to deal with it currently, are there any long term issues with doing that mad?

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    We're these the tires that were on the bent wheels?
    Yes they are

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

9 times out of 10, you will hear a wheel bearing/hub assembly going south and if bad enough, poor fuel economy. It'll buzz/whirr as you're driving.

I still say tires, but instead of paying for a new set, do you have any warranty left on the ones you have on currently (the Michelin's). Michelin is pretty good about warranty and if anything you could get some pro-ration.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Something to concider....
    Wheels don't just bend on their own. If you had a bent wheel or even concern of a bent wheel (i.e. dealer told you it's bent) think of this. If there was an impact hard enough to bend your wheel, chances are it damaged the tire that was on the wheel as well. If all your bushings look good I would certainly go with buying a new set of front tires or as stated above, try to get a warranty replacement on your tires.

The thing is I never did anything to the car to bend the wheels, I'm not sure if I just hit a pot hole or something, would the wheel being bent cause uneven wear causing a shake or would it have to be bending the wheel caused a warped tire?

I think you hit some thing in our on the road some times it's the small holes that get you. And it bent the wheel and messed up the tires.

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

well coming from a technicians view at a gm dealer you def need to do as boomys10 said and need to take wheels and tires to dealership or place that can roadforce tires, i have had ton of vibration issues that you can balance the tire all day and as soon as you roadforce tires you will find your problem. high spots in the tire need to be matched to low spot in wheel or either tires replaced if forcematching isn't able to be performed which the machine will tell you. def would recomend having that done tire with excessive runout will cause all kinds of vibration issues.

okay guys, after the initial bent front wheels the shake continued after I took it to Firestone for the dismount/mount, balance and, alignment it continued to shake.. I took it to the dealership again and to my surprise Firestone left off half the required weights.. The car is now running smooth as ever, thanks everyone for your input. I'm now selling it due to my need for a truck, if there is anyone interested in a 06 V hit me up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.