2006 sts v worth
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2006 sts v worth in Cadillac V-Series Forums; What do you guys think a 2006 sts v 54000 miles specktre cold air intake borla exhaust worth. It has ...
    Konger10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v

2006 sts v worth

What do you guys think a 2006 sts v 54000 miles specktre cold air intake borla exhaust worth. It has a rebuilt title from previous accident but all has been fixed. Very nice car

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: 2006 sts v worth

15 g's? Not based on anything. Just off what I think that would be worth. Rebuilt title is the big thing here.

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Rebuilt title would scare me away. $15k seems fair.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yep rebuilt titles scare most people away. Either way it's only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Rebuilt is a crap shoot. The car will be great if a competent person rebuilt it or it could be a piece of crap if a hack got a hold of it. A look underneath should tell the story. Make sure everything works too.

15g is a good price for a 54k mile car. If you plan on keeping it for a while you might as well buy it. The price difference on a rebuilt is more now than it will be when you sell it.

I am actually selling. Bought car wrecked had it fixed locally good shop they do good work. Car didnt have any frame or core damage . Light frontis end collidsion no airbagsi deployed. Plus hadi lot of scratches down side of car like ran into fence line. 15000 is what i thought car should be worth easy but having hard time selling. Just checking to see if i was way off. Think what hurts is nobody really knows what a sts v i in my area. Thanks for the info

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

I see STS-V's with clear titles sitting unsold for a long time, so a salvage title is going to be a tough sell. FWIW, I sold my clear title 06 with 48k miles, super clean, with a Spectre 1 and 2, pulley, and $8k worth of HRE wheels a couple months ago for $24k - and that even took a long time.

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

I think you have other problems that a buyer has to consider that makes it harder to sell.

1. Financing if the person can't acquire the vehicle without a loan. I don't think any bank would finance a branded title vehicle.

2. Insurance. I talked to an insurance agent probably 20 years ago about an older vehicle that had a rebuilt title and she told me that it would be extremely hard to insure beyond liability coverage. The insurance company doesn't have any way of knowing whether the vehicle was rebuilt correctly or what costs could be involved with an accident on top of what normal costs they'd expect to pay. For example, a $5000 repair may cost a lot more if the rebuild wasn't done correctly because more damage is encountered in the new accident. Then there are problems with what the vehicle is worth if it becomes a total loss if they would even insure more than liability.

I might take a chance with a $5000 vehicle that I planned to drive till the wheels fell off but not on a vehicle that I might at a later date trade in toward another car.

What's interesting is that the vehicle you purchased was totaled going by the light damage you mentioned it had. You have to ask, if it is economical to correctly repair then why did the insurance company total it in the first place. I'm sure someone in the know can chime in but I thought it went along the lines of damage around 80%-90% of the vehicle's worth would total it.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by wake View Post
    I think you have other problems that a buyer has to consider that makes it harder to sell.

1. Financing if the person can't acquire the vehicle without a loan. I don't think any bank would finance a branded title vehicle.

2. Insurance. I talked to an insurance agent probably 20 years ago about an older vehicle that had a rebuilt title and she told me that it would be extremely hard to insure beyond liability coverage. The insurance company doesn't have any way of knowing whether the vehicle was rebuilt correctly or what costs could be involved with an accident on top of what normal costs they'd expect to pay. For example, a $5000 repair may cost a lot more if the rebuild wasn't done correctly because more damage is encountered in the new accident. Then there are problems with what the vehicle is worth if it becomes a total loss if they would even insure more than liability.

I might take a chance with a $5000 vehicle that I planned to drive till the wheels fell off but not on a vehicle that I might at a later date trade in toward another car.

What's interesting is that the vehicle you purchased was totaled going by the light damage you mentioned it had. You have to ask, if it is economical to correctly repair then why did the insurance company total it in the first place. I'm sure someone in the know can chime in but I thought it went along the lines of damage around 80%-90% of the vehicle's worth would total it.
    Financing depends on the bank. Some won't do it, some do half of clean title value, some even do 80%.

I've fixed and driven several wrecks and never had trouble with insurance.

I think most insurance companies use 75% as the cutoff on fixing a car. I've seen lots of "totaled" cars with minor damage. Some people will make a huge push to get a car written off.

Too much risk in a rebuilt car for most people.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Where are you located op. I'm looking for a V.

Ohio zip 45864.

Pics? Before and after repair?

zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Pics? Before and after repair?
    I think I have seen this one up for sale when I was looking. If it is silver it must be the one, not sure of the interier but the outside of the car from the pics looked good. I think it was going for around 18500 on the net tho.

Car is black outside black and tango inside. Dont have before pics wish i did. Give me your email and i send you some pics if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Konger10
    Car is black outside black and tango inside. Dont have before pics wish i did. Give me your email and i send you some pics if interested.
    Color combo I want wish it was an 08+ for HUD though.

Pming email

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.