Post boost meth injection
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Post boost meth injection in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have an itch to drill a couple holes in the charger lid for meth nozzles if I can find ...
    Ninja-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT

Post boost meth injection

I have an itch to drill a couple holes in the charger lid for meth nozzles if I can find space in the case. I'm looking at mounting the alky control fuel cell 5 gallon kit and mount it in the spare tire half on the right. Has anyone been using meth on the lc3 and if so please give us something to talk about. Anyone familiar enough with the insides of the m112 to say whether there is room for a couple nozzles drilled in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,09 escalade, 80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Post boost meth injection

I have meth on the 08 and on my old 06 it was pre boost and not worth doing IMO. The o8 had it allready on so I left it. I had a 4 gal cell in the spare tire well it just fit 5 was too big. Doing it post boost is the way to do it but much harder and big $$$ for all the nozzles and lines and fittings to do it. I had $800 in my trick mount kit. Want to buy it?? Any way there is room in the runners to do it but I worry the might crack over time. Our not seal tight and have vacuum leeks. This engine just does not gane hp like a LS so don't expect to be able to pick up big hp maybe 10hp. From all I can tell they top out at 485-500 hp unless you get rid of the supercharger.

If I could get 480+ hp to the wheels I'd be more than happy. 500hp in this car would be perfect but what's it take to get those numbers? I put a frozenboost front mount on and sealed it up perfectly with the bottom chin opening and then put three 7" electric fans covering the entire back side of the exchanger. I can touch it after driving it hard and it isn't hardly warm to the touch. The blower hat however feels like it's on fire. The exchanger helped but there is way too much heat in that supercharger. Spraying meth and water pre boost should help a little but the evaporative cooling effect has indeed cooled the air, but then it just gets heated back up from being compressed again by the supercharger. But I think placing 2 small injectors on each side of the charger and porting them as flush as possible to keep turbulence down is going to be the hot ticket on this motor. I would really have liked to put them in the lid by the edges spraying down cooling the charge as soon as it leaves the intercooler but I'm not sure if there is enough room. I may have to put them in the body on the sides between 1-3 and 5-7 and same on the other side. I have the full spectre set up and insulated it too because it would get so hot to the touch you couldn't keep your hand on it. Now it's quieter but no real difference in power. It seems no matter how much cooling you try to add, the m112 just eats it up. What kind of a kit do you have on yours and can you post pics of how yours is set up?

It's alky control kit. I was making 19.5 psi and only making 480rw now I made 400+Tq off idle so that's what you need to move this big of a car. But if the hat on your supercharger is that hot you need a better heatexcanger I can make back to back runs with both cars even in the heat we have been having 95+ and I can still lay my hand on it for as long as I want. Be for I could not even touch it. It was that hot. The meth is not turned on in the 08 I unplugged it. So that's not why it's cool. But I was runing 31% over driven on the blower. If I'm remember right. So lots of heat.

The exchanger itself isn't very warm so that's not the case I don't think. It holds more than a gallon more coolant than the factory set-up. I also removed the factory one to free up more air for the other radiators to reduce heat even more. But what other stuff did it take to get your numbers. I've got the cai, corsas, resonated x pipe, hp tuners to tinker with, and a 160 degree stat. My plan is more boost but the heat needs to be addressed first. Where are your nozzles located?

If the heatexcanger is cool and the supercharger is hot you have air in the system.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.