Communist Cadillac???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Communist Cadillac??? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; What is up with GM and Cadillac? Check this out... Watch this video on how GM is selling out the ...
    06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Communist Cadillac???

What is up with GM and Cadillac? Check this out...

Watch this video on how GM is selling out the USA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Re: Communist Cadillac???

They can get away from the unions (which caused them to bankrupt in the first place), invest in the world's fastest growing market, and have cheap labor? Check, check, check!

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    A vast majority of people living in this country have a false set of ideals when it comes to how cooperate America actually runs. Just like people believing actual micro business like "mom n pop shops" or any other local micro business received "tax breaks". We must all remember that the news it's completely fact based! Lol. America we are in trouble... Hate to say it but it's true.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Largest growing automobile market and recently surpassed the us in number of cars sold. As long as those yuen go towards some r&d in the performance division, I have no problems.

And how about the ats with its weak sauce performance. A 328 gives a ats 3.6 a run for its money meanwhile the 2.0 turbo is what it's actually meant to compete with. Don't even get me started on the 335. They're talking about the twin turbo v6 for the ats-v? 420-430 HP? At this rate the ats-v's direct competitor at BMW is the 335, leaving the m3 to laugh at the ats-v. I get the ats is beating BMW hands down in steering feel and all that other stuff, but cadillac.. You're killing me.

Lets throw some of that communist yuen towards some good trannys, and engines. At least they're getting the chassis right.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

whats the big deal here--its the biggest market in the world, and they wont import cars--so you either make them there or dont sell any.I startd up 3 telecom factoreis there and the wage rate as dictated b the govmnt is 120/month for a 6 day week--our wage rate in US was loaded at 120/hr!!China adds 25 million people to te workforce every year, and evrything they do there is aimed towards increasing jobs, or theyll have a revolution. As opposed to the US where jobs have dropped alot in the last 6 years.By being successful in China GM will survive gloablly. Last time i checked their numbe 1 seller was buick.We just have to get smarter in US in lowering taxes and regulations to be more cometitive or China will take over.BTW Walmart imports 300B a year from China-its all about cost/price, and we are not competetive--as long as US citizens buy on price alone, we are in trouble in creating jobs.All my cars are American made
    parkeraire likes this.

zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

Angry Re: Communist Cadillac???

The big deal here is that the USA saved this company and the company is turning its back on the USA for greener pastures, after we the people gave them the money to stay in business. Why didnít China front the billions in money for GM to stay afloat? They sure want to reap the rewards after they come out of debt. I donít like it at all; I think GM should have been left to fail. That is capitalism the strong survive, and when they donít someone else steps up with a new product to put in its place.

Are there unions in china? A big part of why GM failed is these greedy ass unions. If GM was in china it would've gone differently. Plus in a way they would be failing the taxpayer by not producing in china and instead missing out on such a great opportunity. That's a smart business decision. That's the kind of thinking and decision making that's gonna prevent GM from going under again. The us makes it difficult for a business to be profitable.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

all the wages for labor in china are set by the govt--- as i mentiuoned i have lots of personal experience there is setting up companies trhe company pays 120/mo, and provides housing,food and medical--which is subtracted from the 120--so workers nst about 60 bucks for a whole month of work.
    On the point of why China didint lend GM money, the US has a 17 Trillion debt, which China holds 4.5Trillion-- so in essence the US gave GM money that we borrowed from China.To Guy, the US govt GAVE the unions a 10% stake in ownership in ythe new GM and screwed all the bondholders, many of whom were GM retirees. I personally ythink the unions can have a good role in a company, but the times of setting wages and benefits,and work rules that were established 50 years ago are killing US businesses, and cities (Detroit)
    parkeraire and Guy.Seminerio like this.

zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

The U.S goverment is killing companies in the U.S agreed. Unions serve a purpose in big companies not small ones, big companies will go for profit over safety if they can and sometimes the only way to keep this in check is by a union this also goes for wages too. I know that GM company retires got screwed worse than union retires concerning pentions and especially medical costs.
    In general a pention is the best retirement you can get but the companies steel the funds through take overs and mergers. I dont understand how billions of dollars in a pention fund dwindals away without someone steeling it. Big money makes big money.

Oh and for the bail out, The U.S loaned money from China to bail out GM and added to our national dept, then GM moves to produce in China. That is a loose, loose, loose for American workers.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Largest growing automobile market and recently surpassed the us in number of cars sold. As long as those yuen go towards some r&d in the performance division, I have no problems.
    This is true, however, China doesn't buy trucks and SUV's by the millions. North America is by far GM's profit maker still. How long that will last is anyone's guess, what isn't a guess, is that premium cars are also money makers, and China loves luxury vehicles. The only reason Buick didn't get the axe is because it's by far GM's biggest brand in China. They hope Cadillac will penetrate some of the market Audi has dominated in China.

With all the labor issues in china, by the time Cadillac breaks ground in 3 to 5 years China will be in the same crappy spot as Australia is with $20+ an hour for lowest paid workers. In Australia there are not even servers because of this. Same place the United States would be if inflation would have kept rising from the 1970s. There is a reason why the largest companies such as Walmart and Jockey are pulling out of China and moving to places like South Africa. GM moving to China will be so detrimental to themselves. Just another very poor choice on there behalf.

M5 eater is right. China loves luxury. Selling luxury cars = huge profits. Also the market in china is just ripening. GM can't afford to take a back seat as other automakers take advantage of this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by rbzstsv View Post
    With all the labor issues in china, by the time Cadillac breaks ground in 3 to 5 years China will be in the same crappy spot as Australia is with $20+ an hour for lowest paid workers. In Australia there are not even servers because of this. Same place the United States would be if inflation would have kept rising from the 1970s. There is a reason why the largest companies such as Walmart and Jockey are pulling out of China and moving to places like South Africa. GM moving to China will be so detrimental to themselves. Just another very poor choice on there behalf.
    You're presuming China is bound to the same regulatory crap as Australia though. China does whatever the **** they want and whatever is necessary to try to stay on top. Australia has has inconveniences such as human and civil rights to be aware of. I think however, considering how far Chinese home-made automobiles have come in such a short time, that eventually they'll either kick everyone out or seize assets or just plain outright spy on the assembly plants forcing manufactures to leave anyway.

Considering I've been doing business in China for over 3 years now, I feel I am a bit qualified to disagree with the first part of your post. Do you believe all the large business are leaving China because of the huge up swing that's going to happen in the next 3 to 5 years or labor regulation and inflation? Do you know that workers are bombarded daily by Head Hunters driving up wages and pulling workers from job to job? Workers are constantly on strike. That's just the start. This is also a very long conversation. Lol But this is my two cents and your entitled to your own.

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

RBZSTSV, do you think their activity over there will help us as V enthusiasts, or not really play a role at all?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.