Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Throttle position sensor

5K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  TimmyC 
#1 ·
Anyone ever had one go bad on them? I went to go start my car and the car wouldnt start so I hooked upmy scanner and it gave me a throttle code. Cleared the code and it started right up.

#4 ·
I would start be checking all connections on your intake INCLUDING the y piece that connects to the throttle body. if those are all tight, then its the tb. not a bad change if that's the case, I have found out the hard way you can get them from rockauto for like 70$ shipped. after paying WAY more the first time.

#11 ·
Who told you that? Those are rich codes because you have 60s without the right tune.

What was the number of the code you had this morning?

I haven't heard of the position sensor inside the throttle body going bad yet. It seems like boomy might be right on the cause of his code being a post-maf air leak. Better check that out.

#21 ·
if I might make a suggestion. fix the issues at hand before adding something that could cause more. changing parts right now isn't the best idea if your alrdy having problems. fix it now, then add later. I had to wait months to resolve some issues with mine before moving forward with the build. no point in compounding problems.

#23 ·
Boomy im trying to fix the problem I just cant pinpoint whats causing it. I've done everything from new fuel filter/ regulator, new maf, new thermostat everthing that could cause my rich codes.

----------

I think I found the leak like boomy said right at the clamp that hooks the stage one and two intake together I sprayed some soap water around the coupler and the idle changed big time like it wanted to stall out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.