Low Miles on 07 What maintance should I have done...?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Low Miles on 07 What maintance should I have done...? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; My 07 has only 16500 miles on it and I have put 3K on it since I bought it 2 ...
    zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

Low Miles on 07 What maintance should I have done...?

My 07 has only 16500 miles on it and I have put 3K on it since I bought it 2 months ago. What maintance should I have done other than the oil change? Should I flush the trans and change supercharger fluids? I am just wondering what else I should have done at the dealer, the car sat in a garage for most of its life. Any advice?

This car is all stock no mods have been done to it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Low Miles on 07 What maintance should I have done...?

According to the manual transmission service happens as early as 50k miles. I had mine done at 52 and change. Unless the car sitting does something to the fluid to make it age prematurely you've got a long way to go for that.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

tranny fluid does age out if it were me id change the tranny,rear end, cooling system, and perhaps brake fluids--dont know about SC.I keep my cars at least 10 years--and do these fluids at 7--just me--I bring it to a trusted oil change place near me--its a Texaco brand---id leave the SC up to the dealer--The oil change spot is like half the dealer,and i can watch them do their stuff-f your ehere in Atl i can tell you which one i use

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

I'd change the oil and run it.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    I'd change the oil and run it.
    Well I am kind of concerned how it is shifting. When I roll to a stop sign and stop, once I put my foot on the gas again there is a lag in power and sometimes it catches hard on the first gear. Then second gear hits hard too. But it seems if I keep the gears engaged they shift fine, also they shift fine in manual too.

It just seems the motor rpm is up before the gears engage when coming off of a stop sign or a stop.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Transmission tuning on this car does wonders. A lot of members have a "shift flare" issue. But tuning this car should be done by someone with knowledge of the torque management and traction control this car is equipped with.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

sounds likeyou have it set for compettive driving mode--which makes harder shifts--Check the manual and see how the different modes are set--Id still change all thenfluids--its cheap insurance

terrydactul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Sts V

speaking of tuning, anyone know of a good place to take my V in Northern California?

As for the topic, I know this is kind of obvious but the car manual comes with a list of mechanical up keep by mileage.

Don't you have to actively put it into competitive driving mode? In other words I doubt he'd be in that mode without knowing it. Also never noticed it affected shifting. Always thought it was suspension and steering.

terrydactul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Sts V

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Don't you have to actively put it into competitive driving mode? In other words I doubt he'd be in that mode without knowing it. Also never noticed it affected shifting. Always thought it was suspension and steering.
    holds gears longer before shifting

No that's when you put it into sport shifting mode. Slide the shifter to the right and it goes into sport shift mode which holds gears longer. As far as I know competitive driving mode doesn't mess with the tranny.

No, this happens when I am putzing around my neighborhood, it is not in sport or manual or competitive driving mode. I realize that everything is based off of mileage. That is why I am asking the questions here because the car has very low miles but is 6 years old and has sat most of its life in a garage. On average the car was driven 2250 miles a year until I bought it 2 months ago, that adds up to a lot of sitting time. Just because there are low miles does not mean the best thing for it is to act like all the fluids are great and brand new.

I am wondering how much of the "not regularly changed fluids" I should change that can get pretty pricey.

When I'm going at certain speeds, then I let off the gas, then get back on it, it'll sometimes slam into gear. I have a shift flare issue under moderate acceleration when shifting from 3-4 at approximately 25-30 mph and I've discovered it is MUCH more likely to happen the first couple of times I do it. In other words something is "warming up" and preventing it from happening later on in the drive.

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Guy, I get that 'slack' thing only in 3rd gear. If I'm in slow moving traffic where I'm off the gas then on again, it seems like there is play or something that gets taken up as soon as I touch the gas and I feel a bit of a 'jerk'. I took it to the dealer a while back to have checked out and they said it was normal. I checked the rear diff bushing and it was fine. I live with it.

Yep you describe it perfectly. Haven't checked to see what gears it happens in. Ill investigate, but I had a feeling it was normal. It happens in a lot of cars. It hurts me inside everytime it happens though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.