September 26,2005
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, September 26,2005 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; This is scheduled to be the first week of production for the STS-V series. The XLR-V is still showing TBD, ...
    msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

September 26,2005

This is scheduled to be the first week of production for the STS-V series. The XLR-V is still showing TBD, but the allocation and production weeks for the STS-V have been released. Though you would want to know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrSmith is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Question Re: September 26,2005

Quote Originally Posted by msheri01
    This is scheduled to be the first week of production for the STS-V series. The XLR-V is still showing TBD, but the allocation and production weeks for the STS-V have been released. Though you would want to know.
    sounds like your excited. what does it look like. have you seen any pics of it??

O.K Seee... Im not real formiliar with Cadillac because Im still fairly new.

The STS look like the CTS to me. but something has to be different right? what is it.

all I see are the engines http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showt...ighlight=cts-v

I know that the CTS come as a V6 but whats the V series.

I just looked at a few pictures of them side by side and I see the difference. But the STS look like a more up to date CTS. Im just not getting what the V means. this internet search thing just isnt hapnin

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Re: September 26,2005

Hi,

The V Designation does have a lineage, but more importantly it is simply used to denote the special Performance versions of the Cadillac model which it is affixed to. The STS-V has a 440hp Supercharged Northstar vs. the standard Northstar in the regular STS, the CTS-V has the 5.7L unit borrowed from the Corvette as opposed to the standard 3.6L top line engine, and etc... Hope that clears it up a bit.

Actually, what you mentioned is also inherently a problem with the latest generation of Cadillac designs. To the average onlooker, the STS DOES in fact look like a big, or in your case, "more up to date" CTS. This has always been my concern in them being so similar, but in fact the two cars are WORLDS apart other than sharing the same platform (OK Architecture in GM speak). The STS is a stretched and larger version of the Platform the CTS rides on with fancier options like AWD, the Northstar engine and a ton of interior and exterior luxury amenities. The SRX likewise is the utility of the group, as its also based on the same platform but has a more SUV-like appearance and more cargo space, plus the same AWD system available on the V8 version of the STS as an option. All of these are also available with the 3.6L V6 as the base engine option.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Nice info, thanks. Looks like I will be paying the dealer a visit in mid summer to check it out.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Hi,
    hello,

Thats was great explaining

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

So the production date is September 25, 2005, eh?
    That's almost exactly the same time that BMW will start American production of the new M5. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    So the production date is September 25, 2005, eh?
    That's almost exactly the same time that BMW will start American production of the new M5. Coincidence?
    The special part of it all is that most the company will be late for sunday school service.

STS LAB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If the production date is scheduled for Sept. 26th, when would the dealers likely get order information for options and color selections?

Lab 4.4-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Good question, doesn't anyone know?

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Should be in the June-ish time frame, maybe earlier. I will post when we get the info.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Should be in the June-ish time frame, maybe earlier. I will post when we get the info.

Please, please do. Thanks.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    the CTS-V has the 5.7L unit borrowed from the Corvette
    I have to correct you here.

The engine that is used in the CTS-V, was first seen in the Corvette Z06. As all us true Caddy fans know, GM just used the Z06 as a test mule for the Cadillac LS6 engine to make sure it was up to snuff for the CTS-V

Honest.

-Chris

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.