Dissapointed kind of on dyno results any input?/
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Dissapointed kind of on dyno results any input?/ in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So had my 06 sts-v taken to dyno shop to be dynoed and tuned now was a mustang dyno and ...
    theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

Dissapointed kind of on dyno results any input?/

So had my 06 sts-v taken to dyno shop to be dynoed and tuned now was a mustang dyno and he said it reads low but he told me it put down 270 on the ground and car has magnaflow mufflers and resonator along with stage 1 and 2 spectre intake. Said after he got done tuning it put down 330 on ground along with putting shift tables out of a 13 vette for better shift response anybody kind of ran into same issue i figured numbers would have been way higher stock lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Psycho-albanian is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V

Re: Dissapointed kind of on dyno results any input?/

Stock v's put down 360 370 hp your tuner is a moron. Give jesse at wait4me a call he'll wake up your car big time.
    CarfellaMikeyD likes this.

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Do you have a Dyno sheet? Post the name of the shop and the tuner who did the work. Any photos of your car?

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

The numbers are irrelevant. There could be any number of factors that scale the HP number. The important part is that you've gained quite a bit of power from the tune. If you're worried, dyno at another location to verify numbers.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I ran on a mustang dyno then the following week on a dynojet and it was a 34hp difference between the two. you are putting way to much on the number and not what a dyno is. a dyno is used as a tool to tune your car and make it all things are good in a controlled environment. if you saw a 50+hp gain from only a tune, your doing more than great.

Psycho-albanian is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V

I put down 390 with just borla and the d3 intake.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

The biggest indicator that something isn't right is the 60rwhp gain from a tune. That is not possible. Go somewhere else to verify that the tune he put on there is decent and to get another set of numbers. Your car should make the 360-380 that was previously mentioned and it should pick up 15-20rwhp with a tune. There aren't that many factors that affect wide open throttle. Timing and air/fuel ratio. That's it. Both would have to be way, way off to pick up that much power.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,09 escalade, 80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Yea they were doing some thing with the dyno to pick up that much. My 06 stock made 368. Last weekend the new owner dynoed it and it made 389 with a tune no cats magnaflow x-pipe and mufflers. And the custom intake. with 100k now on it. And no before any one asks I have yet to put the 08 on the dyno but It just out runs the 06 so the 412 I was told it makes might be right. But any way you should go to some one else for tuning and a deferent dyno. I hope the did not charge you much.

yea well after driving the car it def felt way better it was about a 100% humid day with it about 90 degrees too so sure it had a lot of influence but car def feels way stronger than before i may take it to another shop see if number vary long as its hauling ass i'm happy lol

----------

thanks for all the input def kind of figured i would have been dissapointed with numbers most ppl are when they find it what their car acutally put down just didn't think mind would have been that low hahaha but seat of pants horse power feels strong as hell car will grenade tires now until i let off guy that did tuning said air to fuel was rich as hell which i figured i had d3 module installed before i took to him but unhooked before i took up to the shop i wish i would have left module on and let him do a run on dyno just to see what diffence the tuner module did and just a stock run with it unhooked. i got the module on here posted for sale if anybody is interested in it lol

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Beautiful. What's the best way to paint calipers? Longest lasting, best look. Are there certain shops I should go to? I'd probably not be doing this myself. I'm thinking red.

honestly i painted calipers with vht yellow paint bought the v viynals from 8th day creations put them on then used vht clear over them and they look as good as powercoating i think maybe not a durable but look awesome

ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V
    Oh man that's nice. Makes me want to paint mine...what color tho?

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Blue would be different.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.