Dissapointed kind of on dyno results any input?/ - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Dissapointed kind of on dyno results any input?/ in Cadillac V-Series Forums; yea thast what i was assuming i raced the 550 when my sts-v was stock and he blew my doors ...
    theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

Re: Dissapointed kind of on dyno results any input?/

yea thast what i was assuming i raced the 550 when my sts-v was stock and he blew my doors off unless hes just got a little shot hidden on it he isn't telling me about the numbers just dont add up to me lol. heres vid of my car vs the 550 right after i bought my car

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

was that done after a long drive? if it was Im not surprised with the results. our cars heat soak VERY BADLY. but glad you got him back.

----------

im surprised your brother didn't beat you in all honesty..
    Charles Warren likes this.

yea it was a good ride out to where we raced about 20-25 min ride on hwy and was in summer time, next mod is going to be a timmyc heat exchanger lol

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

I'm in my homeboys 550 I and ive been playing with sport mode and his car comes alive mid band on up but doesn't feel as responsive as my na sts so I'm gonna say that 550 in the video is not stock or a m5 with 550 badges lol. Ive rode in a 09 sts v coworker has 1 of 3 black frost or whatever its called and I would get whooped in this 550 if I tried to run him. But glad you got em after the tune

ya was bugging the hell out of me how its so fast and its guy a work with so i know its nothing done less its had some kind of tune or little shot put on it but i do know its a 550 but felt good to jump out on it finally instead of him killing me lol

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

No 550 regardless of year is walking away from any STS-V like that, heat soaked or not!

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

^^^^what he said.

lol yea well least im even with him now with a tune stage 1 and 2 air intake and mufflers need to get heat exchanger and pulley and tune and be done witH it

last run right before car was tuned apologize for kinda poor video film g/f got lost when i swapped lanes. new m3 at very end that came blowing by us lol trans was just left it in drive not manually shifting either

CMNTMXR57 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

I see one thing that in a scan hasn't been mentioned (maybe it has and I just missed it)... OUR CARS HATE HEAT! The intercooler in this car sucks and any heatsoak from driving and or a couple pulls, sucks the life out of it.

The other issue, I had on my first run on the rollers, and I came up with bad numbers, was fueling. GM runs these things rich from the factory as a protectionary measure to keep from melting slugs by possibly running too lean at WOT. Anyway, mine had years of bad habits learned. So I did an idle re-learn, and came back a couple days later, and my stock numbers shot up 30rwhp.

They then tuned it. Let it sit for a couple hours to cool, then did the pulls and got the 412rwhp. A week later, fresh off the street, the car was lucky to make 360rwhp. All due to heatsoak. Let it cool a couple hours again, and the power came back.

This car does not like heat and is impossible to cool down on these hot days. Whether it be IAT2's, ECT's, Transmission fluid temps, you name it, it takes forever to cool down while driving. These 90* days only exaggerate the issue. I attribute this to lack of sufficient airflow in through the grills then through all the radiators up there. Air hits the first radiator, and looses it's velocity, as well as picking up heat, then travels through the next cooler, slower and with heat, and finally the third (the main radiator).

ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V
    Well Damn. It averages over 100 degrees here. Guess I need that TimmyC intercooler asap.

yea im down in south carolina and it gets so humid and when dyno pulls were done it was about 95 degrees with it non stop on and off raining for past month so humidty was way up the heat exchanger is def going to be my next purchase plus everytime i have ran it has been a 20-25 mins hwy drive out to where we go to mess around so engine def has gotten a little hott but thanks for the input cmntmxr57. gotta love the south haha

CMNTMXR57 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

And there is your issue. After a drive, pop the hood and try touching the big black piece on top of the engine. That's your intercooler. My guess is you'll pull your hand back VERY quickly as it's that hot. If it's that hot to the touch, what do temps do you think the air being blown through it is at?

GM typically uses 57* as the optimum setting for fuel and ignition tables in the PCM. If your IAT2's (Post S/C and Intercooler are in the 140* plus range), it doesn't take much to figure out that you aren't anywhere near the most aggressive parts of those mapping tables, stock or tuned. Just cruising now in 90* plus heat my IAT2's are in the 140* range. A couple WOT runs and that will spike much higher. I think the PCM has the BOV open for safety reasons at 260* or around that area...

With that said, once it all cools, be sure to check your coolant levels for the intercooler too. I check mine daily in this heat. I've been having to add to mine lately due to the fact that I recently flushed and filled the system, as well as the heat. So I've been topping off with a table spoon or two worth of Dexcool daily.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

the heat xchanger DOES NOT help with humidity, nothing does honestly. I ran mine last night against a car I normally put 5-9 cars on (depends on roll and how much I spin) and he was door to door with me. 95* out at 11pm and 90% humididty, it was a nightmare of a night!!

haha yea im ready for some nice 50 degree nights to go out and have some fun

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.