suspension goodies
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, suspension goodies in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So with about 68k miles on the v, I am thinking about suspension. Since I am new, does anyone know ...
    ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V

suspension goodies

So with about 68k miles on the v, I am thinking about suspension. Since I am new, does anyone know the preferred shock to rplace the OEMs? Any other goodies I should know about when getting this all done? I do notice a tad bit of wheel hop under hard accel which prompted this post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: suspension goodies

Wheel hop is not the shocks. My old car still has the stock shocks at 100k and it rides and drives the same as my 08 with 10k on it. The best shock for your car is the oe ones. Remember most of the v's if not all had self leveling shocks do they will last longer than the ones on at Honda.

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    most of the v's if not all had self leveling shocks
    Self leveling shocks? I was under the impression that the V got purely passive performance oriented shocks, kind of like what a Z51 equipped Corvette would have.

Mag-ride would have been nice. I had it on my 03 STS and loved that system.

My 07 is getting ready to turn 90K miles and I'm starting to suspect the shocks on it.

Fierofiend is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

You can get kyb front replacements. Here is an article on there nivomats.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/nivomat.html

264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

Well to start off with I have an 07' STS-V. And I figured i would start with the simple things first. Sway bar bushings. I replaced the backs no problem, 10 min. and done, but now i'm looking at the front and thinking, really? how do i get to half of these bolts? is there a trick to this? can i reach it from the top? any suggestions? thanks.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by 264WOODY View Post
    Well to start off with I have an 07' STS-V. And I figured i would start with the simple things first. Sway bar bushings. I replaced the backs no problem, 10 min. and done, but now i'm looking at the front and thinking, really? how do i get to half of these bolts? is there a trick to this? can i reach it from the top? any suggestions? thanks.
    Good luck with that. I don't think those are many to be replaced with the engine in place.

264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    Good luck with that. I don't think those are many to be replaced with the engine in place.
    Thanks TimmyC, I was thinking the same thing, just wanted to know from someone else if i was missing something. Grrrrrr.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.