Jabsco pump Install
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Jabsco pump Install in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Taking a short break figured i would post a few pictures so far Fairly straight forward so far. Took me ...
    rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv

Jabsco pump Install

Taking a short break figured i would post a few pictures so far Fairly straight forward so far. Took me about 30 to 45 minutes to get stock pump out. Now I'm cutting the old pump bracket and fitting jabsco pump to that bracket. I'll post more pictures in little bit
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: Jabsco pump Install

Nice job! Did you add any extra support on the factory bracket for the new pump? Jamie (PGA) had told me the factory groumet may end up breaking over time. The new pump is heaver so I added some support.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobbynot/9087529692/

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I think it was not a support issue but a dry rot issue on the part of the Jabsco grommet.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My question would be why would you be using a Sharkbite fitting? Those are specifically barbed ends for PEX. I would honestly recommend a standard male pipe X hose barb type. The barbs for PEX are made to be crimped, not for hose clamps.

I didn't realize that. I went to the local home depot, told the guy what I was trying to do. I brought the pump in with me for reference. He said this is what I was looking for... I'll be making another trip to home depot tomorrow for some different ones.

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I think it was not a support issue but a dry rot issue on the part of the Jabsco grommet.
    I say breaking, What I meant was rot like Jamie said. That's why I added the extra nut and bolt.

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

I wouldn't worry about that fitting, not worth the hassle of rebleeding the IC.

Did you finish up the install? Any more pictures?

Yes installed finished. I'll post more up this weekend when I'm back in town.

I did a bit more work on mine today. Here are two pics showing the bolts that need to be removed so that the impeller housing can be rotated. I was a bit unsure how that worked, but once I removed the two screws, i realized there is another set of holes 90* apart. I either missed that detail, or no one was really too clear on it. I just wanted to point it out for others that may reference this.

Also, be careful removing the screws that hold the bracket on. I had one get caught inside the frame and it was a real pita trying to fish that thing out of there.

Well I guess I screwed up those links. I'd fix them, but I can't edit. Here are more pics of my install...

47 Che V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 47 Chevy V power driveline

Inner cooler tubing and hose size must be of what size and capisity (volume) to properly cool super charger.

I reused stock hoses

I also reused stock hoses. The way I mounted my pump it was really close to the power steering cooler line and also the IC hard line. The picture makes it look closer than it is, but something to keep an eye out for.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.