Cadillac Owners Forum banner

STS-V Oil Change Intervals

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  wake 
#1 ·
I got an oil change at 51,320 at the local dealer. They slapped a sticker on there that says my next oil change is at 56,320. I'm just under 56k. Manual says to wait until the light comes on or yearly. Just read a car and driver article about how dealers like to come out with their own version of the service interval thing and it's a scam. It says you should follow what the manufacturer says in the owner's manual. What's the right answer in your experience.

#5 ·
How hard do you drive your car dude? You're replacing things right and left...

Anyway; I'm part of the camp that changes the oil when the car says to. Sent 95% used oil to Blackstone, they said it was nearly used up (surprise!). That was about 13,200 miles and 10 months of driving. They said it would have gone 15,000. I buy the oil when I see 10% life remaining then drive around for a month with it in my trunk cuz I have no time in life.

The oil life algorithm is accurate. Just follow it.

#6 ·
i drive mine VERY hard. it gets ran hard Thursday Friday saturdy and sunday every week. I bought it to play with, and I do. however, I have heard from several caddy techs around here that a main cause of the of the oil manifold seals going out. they suggested that it be changed every 5 or every 3. so I listened and do that.

#9 ·
You make my head spin....500 miles a week!?!? So you fill up, what, Monday/Wednesday/Saturday?? LOL
Also, for as much as I trust the algorithm I'd never go 25,000 miles, but with all those highway miles I bet your oil will be in good shape when you change it.

Any interest in sending it to Blackstone for an analysis?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.