Anyone have Info of Chipping these cars?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Anyone have Info of Chipping these cars? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I was talking to a guy who drives a new Charger and he said he has a chip that he ...
    zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

Anyone have Info of Chipping these cars?

I was talking to a guy who drives a new Charger and he said he has a chip that he can connect to the car and he gets more horse power and better gas mileage. I was wondering if anyone in here has any info about chipping the V for better horse power and gas management. He also said he can disconnect it easily before taking it to the dealer because it is still under warranty.

Anyone have a good product they can recommend?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Anyone have Info of Chipping these cars?

no easy chip like the hypertech programmer for these cars (they're not high volume enough)

a custom tune w/ a dyno done by someone local is probably best but there are some tunes that you can get sent to you ... can't think of anywhere to point you in that regard though
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

Thanks Rippy I dont know if I would trust my car to anyone on a dyno. It would be hard for me to let her out of my sight.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

well as i understand it you don't need a dyno tune but the dyno lets the tuner run the engine through it's full paces safely

otherwise you'd have to go out and data log some pretty high speed runs for them

other than a dyno you can sometimes get a tune that's 90% there and just data log normal daily driving and then a tuner can take your data logs and refine the tune based off of that

----------

sounds like you probably don't want to go with a tune though if it's not an easy "handheld" solution

that's fine... these STS-Vs are plenty fast enough that you don't really need more power ... your ego might, but you really don't
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Timmy can mail you a tune and you can have a local dealer install/dyno it. I'm saving up for a tune and CAI of his.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Don't quote me but last I heard once you do anything to a newer dodge you can not clear it from the computer. I have a few friends who are into diesels all of them voided there warranty the second they tuned the truck. Apparently it's not possible to tune/modify most newer dodge vehicles without the dealership knowing as soon as they hook it up for service. So I would think he's bsing about this Charger with a chip that doesn't void his warranty. I could be wrong.. Has happened before lol

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

^^^ what they said all most all new car/trucks count how many times it's been flashed so if they look they will no its been tuned. My 05 2500 I could get away with it not that a cared had the truck 1hr before I cut the exhaust off lol. But my 2011 3500 I can't do any thing to with out voiding it. So yea you friend is going to be in for a big shock if some thing goes wrong. And don't believe what the people say when you buy the tuner they don't have to deal with the deailer when your car brakes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.