Hello all! Just joined, recommended from LS1tech.com! Couple of questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Hello all! Just joined, recommended from LS1tech.com! Couple of questions in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello, just bought a 2008 STS-V, 38k miles got a great deal! installed the lockpick harness, works great! anyway, I ...
    fozjared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Hello all! Just joined, recommended from LS1tech.com! Couple of questions

Hello, just bought a 2008 STS-V, 38k miles got a great deal! installed the lockpick harness, works great! anyway, I have a few questions:

how to stop door and seat belt dinger!?

I have a check engine light, will the info center display a code for me?

my windshield wiper spray tank has a leak, is this common?

thanks so much everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: Hello all! Just joined, recommended from LS1tech.com! Couple of questions

I can answer your second question.. No the DIC doesn't do codes anymore.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Fasten Your seat belt and close your door. And no a leaking tank is not common.
    is3_ftw and is3_ftw like this.

Is that what you meant by the belt thing?? No I don't have that issue. I don't buckle my seatbelt until I pull out of the garage and drive I couple hundred feet. Never had that issue.

----------

Drive a couple hundred feet.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    My washer fluid leaks slowly until about 2/3 full, then stops. Tried to get the dealer to figure it out, now I just live with it.

My seat belt dinger sounds for the passenger while just sitting and for the driver if I start to drive (and don't have the belt fastened).

my washer fluid leaks out completely dry, thinking maybe the hose connection came loose on the bottom or broke off.. I guess I will have to go get autozone to pull the code for me.. and the door and seat belt dinger comes thru in the drivers dash speaker, just thought there might be a way to turn it off!? Can't stand a door dinger! when i am cleaning the interior i like to listen to the radio without dinging!

Ohhhh!! Yeah when I'm doing the leather in the car and I'm in the driver's seat I have to sit through the constant chiming. I like to run the music while I'm working on the interior. If acc is off and the door is open, no music. As for the seatbelts, weird how the car will do the 5 chimes even before the car is put in gear when seatbelts are off. Speaking of which, I recently read in one of the automotive press magazines about some car, can't remember, maybe viper? That had a track version where everything was stripped from it except bare necessities in order to save weight. And it mentioned that the normal sound system was replaced with a single speaker because regulations required at least one speaker so seatbelt warning chimes could be played. So that being said, I doubt the warning chimes are avoidable.

----------

Unplug the speaker where the chime comes from?

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Doesn't the chime stop when you put the car to ON instead of ACC? Last time I was cleaning the interior, I'm almost certain that worked for me. I think the ebrake will bypass the headlights like on my grand prix too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well you got off, acc, and the car running (on). If the car is either on or off and the door is open no chime. But with off, no music and with on, you could die if you're in the garage. Am I wrong? There's no other "ignition position" right? I know on cars with a real key there's on without starting. Then you start it and it defaults back to accessories I believe.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    We have that......hold down to ACC for a few seconds and it goes to On, with no engine running.

Problem is it turns on everything and will run the battery down pretty fast.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by fozjared View Post
    Hello, just bought a 2008 STS-V, 38k miles got a great deal! installed the lockpick harness, works great! anyway, I have a few questions:

how to stop door and seat belt dinger!?

I have a check engine light, will the info center display a code for me?

my windshield wiper spray tank has a leak, is this common?

thanks so much everyone!
    Hi fozjared,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2008 STS-V! Seems like you got a great deal and I hope you are enjoying it so far As you can already tell, members are highly active on these sites, and I can see some have answered your questions for you. I am here to help assist you with any questions or concerns. So don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

For those with the leaky/leaking/empty washer tanks: They do crack. Mine was cracked near the bottom and had to be replaced. Was still under warranty at the time, so no idea of cost.
    Dealer said the plastic will dry out and crack if the tank stays near empty for some time (not using your wipers enough!).

Bob

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-sts-v View Post
    For those with the leaky/leaking/empty washer tanks: They do crack. Mine was cracked near the bottom and had to be replaced. Was still under warranty at the time, so no idea of cost.
    Dealer said the plastic will dry out and crack if the tank stays near empty for some time (not using your wipers enough!).

Bob
    Hello Bob,

Thanks for sharing this information with everyone. I am sure they appreciate it. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns that arise!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Laura, and thanks for all the info people!! This feels a lot like LS1tech.com, great community!! Yeah the only option i can see is disconnecting the one speaker, however, I lose the speaker for all music too!!

one other quick question, to remove the outrageous hunk of plastic over the engine/ s/c, do you have to remove the bar between the strut tower tops? should the nuts be torqued when reinstalling the bar? I sold all my mechanic's tools when I decided to become a pilot..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.