06 V Mod Questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 06 V Mod Questions in Cadillac V-Series Forums; First, I would like to say hello to everyone in this forum. I've been looking for some time and have ...
    JB_V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

06 V Mod Questions

First, I would like to say hello to everyone in this forum. I've been looking for some time and have gotten a good deal of information from the posts/replies. I picked up my 06 STS-V and am ready to start the search for some extra power. I did exchange emails with TimmyC and also have spoken to Jesse at wait 4 me. A few questions I would love your input on are:

I am in Denver and wondering if anyone could recommend in a Tuner around here?

I am thinking of doing the 2.4 pulley/intake/injectors upgrade, but uncertain about the bigger throttle body - any suggestions?

Anyone here running methanol injection? And if so, what type of results are you getting. I spoke with Snow performance and they claim to have great results with the CTS-Vs.

Also thinking about running a small (wet system) of Nitrous - maybe 75hp. Anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks in advance for the input. I can really use the help on the tuner piece given I really don't know where to go locally and want someone who knows what they are doing.

-John

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Psycho-albanian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V

Re: 06 V Mod Questions

Timmmyc products are all worth the money I have his 2
    4 pulley, headers, and heat exchanger they are all awesome. Jesse is a pro when it comes to tuning our cars real nice guy and so is his wife

----------

Timmmyc products are all worth the money I have his 2
    4 pulley, headers, and heat exchanger they are all awesome. Jesse is a pro when it comes to tuning our cars real nice guy and so is his wife

----------

Timmys throttle body is good also .

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I have run meth but it will not help very much with the lower boost cars -16 psi I was at 19.5 with my set up and IT helped cool it down but not much in hp only +10hp For $750. As for nos I think I might try it with the new car. I'm now spraying my vette so I might as well spray the v. It should be ok if you tune for it and have a strong runing car.

Carlosg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STs v
    What do you consider a strong running car. I always wonder why nobody has done this.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

If you can go 3000+ miles with out adding oil. The rings should still be good to hold the extra power. And to be safe with it you need to tune for it which means pulling timing which is going to take away power when not spraying do 99.5% of the time.

Carlosg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STs v
    So would you recommend on a daily driver.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

You have to be careful with a wet system because the transmission shifts based on delivered torque. A wet nitrous system will increase torque dramatically without the computer's knowledge and could cause slip during shifts. I have not tried it so I can't say for sure.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Tim can you please describe in detail what slip is during a shift? I have a thing on my car when I go from 3-4 on moderate acceleration at around 25-30 mph that I believe might be slip. Car takes longer to shift. During the shift rpms jump a bit and then come back down as if its finally "catching." This noticeably and annoyingly disrupts forward movement. Thanks.

pwrsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Tim can you please describe in detail what slip is during a shift? I have a thing on my car when I go from 3-4 on moderate acceleration at around 25-30 mph that I believe might be slip. Car takes longer to shift. During the shift rpms jump a bit and then come back down as if its finally "catching." This noticeably and annoyingly disrupts forward movement. Thanks.
    I have a similar "thing" with my car. When accelerating the car seems to "slip" or miss something. The car slows and then catches back up with itself. It doesnt do this all the time but usually when you give it more gas than normal from a stop. "Noticeable and annoying"...exactly.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    That is a "Shift Flare". Do you have a tune? Tim can correct me but I believe it is air getting trapped in the shift valve. VERY common problem. Mine does it just after I flash a tune and then gradually goes away. You might try to unhook your battery for a couple of hours or over night and that will reset the ECM. Unless you have a tuner and then you can just reflash your tune to the car.

Ill try the battery unhook thing. My car has no modifications on it.

pwrsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I dont have any mods either. Guy, let me know if the battery unhook works. Glad Im not the only one with this problem.

JB_V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Anyone know of any tuners in or by the Denver area?

Ok I'll do it overnight.

Ok battery is disconnected. Ill report back on this tomorrow.
    Nimoch and Nimoch like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.