06 V Mod Questions - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 06 V Mod Questions in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey Guy, I think we kinda jacked this thread. Sorry op....
    pwrsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V
    Hey Guy, I think we kinda jacked this thread. Sorry op.

JB_V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 06 V Mod Questions

All good. Hoping someone has a recommendation for Tuner around here.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

no idea around there, but I do know the TB isn't worth the money. only adds about 3 to 5 hp. if car wasn't supercharged I would say get it, but say that 400 and get a heat xchanger and better pump.

Appreciate the info on the throttle body - was leaning that way. Anyone have before an after numbers from the intercooler Timmy offers? I remember reading an article where the IATs were actually worse when the stock was replaced with Flexalite 45321 :

http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadil...anger-install/

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    I don't have numbers but with timc's heat exchanger I see a noticeable difference from stock.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Yeah we're definitely completely changing the subject of this thread. Sorry guys. Anyone who is interested in the "shift flare" sidebar that erupted during this thread please click on the link below. We'll continue this there.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3419658

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Tim's heat exchanger is much better it's more like the stock one just 3x biger. I had a smaller one on my 06 and it worked very well. But you don't gain hp from it. But you will be able to make back to back runs and not loose power. Were stock you might run a 13.2@106 1 time and after that you will just keep going slower till you let the car sit a cool down. But with a biger fmhx you will still only run 13.2@106 but you might be able to do 3-4 back to back runs at 13.2 before it slows down. I could with my old set up. Made 5 back to back passes with out any negative out come.

Great information - I'll add the intercooler to the list.

Also, might have found a potential tuner - J&S performance and Tuning. I need to visit them in person to get a better idea. I'll keep folks posted - just in case others around the Denver area are looking for someone.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by boomys10 View Post
    no idea around there, but I do know the TB isn't worth the money. only adds about 3 to 5 hp. if car wasn't supercharged I would say get it, but say that 400 and get a heat xchanger and better pump.
    Let's get our info straight here. If you are talking about running the 85mm with the stock pulley, then it is not going to be worth the money, but when combined with a 2.4 pulley it adds 11rwhp over the pulley alone. The more power you make the more you need a bigger throttle body.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    I sure have felt a huge difference every time I've added new TimC aftermarket parts. The h.e as stated before makes a huge difference. I would see plus 210° temps after a few spirited pulls. Now the warmest its gets is 190° to 200 °max. With a new jabsco pump going in this week I hope to see even better temps with added flow. I would recommend Pming TimC or posting like you did with any question his parts. He has been awesome to work while modifying my V.

Timmy - thanks. I've pretty got my list. What is the best way to contact you to find out more around payments and a few other questions?

i had the smaller pulley on mine and it made 3 to 5 hp difference removing the tb and replacing with stock. my pulley was 2.55 not 2.4 but that wasnt available at the time. im sharing my expirence with him that was had one a dyno. he would be better off getting the heat xchanger and pump over the tb. gotta fix the timing pulling issue before trying to add 100hp.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by boomys10 View Post
    i had the smaller pulley on mine and it made 3 to 5 hp difference removing the tb and replacing with stock. my pulley was 2.55 not 2.4 but that wasnt available at the time. im sharing my expirence with him that was had one a dyno. he would be better off getting the heat xchanger and pump over the tb. gotta fix the timing pulling issue before trying to add 100hp.
    That's about right, the 85mm is more of a supporting mod. It adds more the faster the blower spins. Definitely worth the money on a 2.4" pulley with an intake and injectors.

I forgot to add that my PMs are screwed up because my vendor subscription ran out and I'm having trouble getting it renewed. I'm in contact with someone and we are getting it fixed. You can email me at t_coel@yahoo.com instead.

jeez. lettign your stuff expire. good lord timmy
    Nimoch and Nimoch like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.