Trunk Space
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Trunk Space in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I bought my V in December and we had a pretty snowy winter here in MA so I haven't spent ...
    pwrsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Trunk Space

I bought my V in December and we had a pretty snowy winter here in MA so I haven't spent much time with it. Now that the nice weather has arrived I have been driving it more and enjoying every minute. My daily driver is a Chevy van so the V is the weekend "grocery getter" and will also take me to the golf course. So I finally put my clubs in the trunk the other day and to my disappointment, they barely fit. Forget about my Clic Gear push cart. What if I needed to drive someone else with their clubs and cart? I guess I can always use the back seat. Anyway, I didn't buy the car for the trunk space but I'm just saying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Trunk Space

Suspension packaging? They say the ATS has a pretty dismal 10 cu ft trunk volume due to poor packaging with the multilink rear suspension. I know it's a big car, you'd think a bigger trunk would be back there. Oh well. Hasn't really affected me.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Speaking of trunk space; I just removed the plastic tub with the divider that goes in the spare tire area so I can put one of my stock wheels in that spot as a spare because I'm taking the car on a trip this weekend. Guess what? The stock wheel doesn't fit in the spot! I had to kinda shove it down to get it to fit somewhat, but it's way above the trunk floor. Lame!

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

hmm. can that fix a flat tire sealant crap work on tires that aren't run flats? Summer tires? All seasons?

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Two sets of clubs in my trunk plus push cart. The push carts wheels unscrew.

pwrsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by rbzstsv View Post
    Two sets of clubs in my trunk plus push cart. The push carts wheels unscrew.
    I guess I could take apart the cart but what a PITA. Who wants to do that?

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

If you use fix a flat make shore it's tire pressure monitor safe. I just cary a plug kit and inflator. Can get both at harbor freight for $20 I have a kit for every car.

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Porsche used to store the spare tire deflated so it would fit in the trunk. That was when cars were still using 'much' smaller wheels, and there was room to gain by decreasing sidewall height. Not sure if it fit better if you decreased the pressure since our sidewalls are already small, and rather stiff?

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    I purchased a new cart with easy unscrew wheels after running into the same issue your having. To be honest if I had to I'd prolly push the cart by the handle out my window while driving because no golfing... well that just won't do

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

My 10" Staff Bag fits just fine......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.