Horrible experiences with the dealer! Care to share?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Horrible experiences with the dealer! Care to share? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm sure a lot of you will be able to relate to my bad experiences with the service department at ...
    Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Horrible experiences with the dealer! Care to share?

I'm sure a lot of you will be able to relate to my bad experiences with the service department at the Cadillac dealer. PM me if you want to know what dealer it is in NC. From the beginning, You guys may remember when I started a thread about water being stuck in my trunklid. When I first went back to the dealer to pick up the car, I paid for their services, and of course what they did was drain the water out and put it back together, which obviously improves nothing. I was a little irritated while I was paying because I knew they solved nothing. So what happens the next time it rains? Water gets stuck in the trunklid. I go back, told them there was no improvement, they do the same damn thing and tell me there's nothing wrong. How the !@#$ does that make sense? They drained the water AGAIN, and said nothing is wrong??? No charge, so I didn't complain, but after I paid, I saw that my license plate had been screwed on crooked. Obviously crooked. Do I own a screwdriver and do I know how to fix it? Of course, but why do I have to clean up after their lack of attention to detail? This is Cadillac of ------. Not rusty ralph's auto shop. These are supposed to be the best possible people you can take your car to. Read the manual. If you take your car anywhere else, it will explode. I told them to fix the license plate before I left. They did. I haven't messed with going in the trunk much after it rains or a car wash recently, so the problem is probably still there. I believe it's in the spoiler. Next, I take the car in for its 50K mile services. Schedule an appt, take the car in, car gets done and the bill says they rotated the tires (side to side) and changed the oil. Look in your manual; there's more to the 50k mile services than that. I bring this up, and the mechanic checks his computer. Computer says to refer to the manual. Problem is I had it digitally on my phone, but not a hard copy. Ordered a manual, came in, scheduled an other appointment for last Tuesday (the 7th of May.) Had to cancel. I called and cancelled I believe on Friday, and rescheduled for the following Tuesday (today.) Took my car in last night because my buddy had an oil change on his CTS, so we picked up his car and dropped mine off. Talked to the service rep and of course, "you have an appointment for tomorrow?" "Yes it was last Tuesday and i rescheduled it for tomorrow." "well what do you need because we don't have you for tomorrow." First of all, there are 2 reps that work there and I know this was the same person I talked to when I made the appointment. I swear I wanted to jump across that counter. I tell her what I need. The whole 50k mile thing, blah blah. Turns out, "they do all that stuff when they change the oil." so they flush the transmission fluid when they change the oil? no. So that's what had to happen. I asked if they lube all the parts that require lubing and wasn't confident with her "yes if it needs to be done." Something about the way she said it screamed "oh crap no we don't but let me save face." So I inconvenienced cadillac with my surprise trans flush today. I also brought up an other issue I've spoken to you guys about; the loose glass in the right side view mirror. I go to pick up my car today, look at my bill and the first thing that jumps out was the mirror wobbling thing. What I specified is to advise on the repair. Cost? Whole mirror assembly replace? or just the glass? I know one of you guys said it's the whole thing, but they're the ones who would have to fix it so I wanted to know what they had to say. The bill said the world's famous "could not duplicate at this time." !@#$ me. If they tried 1. driving it, or 2. applying a light amount of pressure with their finger onto the glass, guess what? They would've duplicated it at that time. Moving on, I go to my car and just on a hunch, I do a walk around. that's what happens when you're shady. People second guess you. first of all, a bald eagle shat on the hood of my car. right in the center of the hood. I'm talking a good 6 inch by 6 inch piece of you know what. I get the microfiber towel out of the trunk and pour water on it and get it off. I go around to the passenger side, and see these 2 scratches, that look like either someone opened their door and hit my car, or my car door was opened and it hit something. They were a little less than a foot below the passenger front door handle. two of them. right down to the metal. Guys, I wash my car by myself. Hose, bucket, microfiber towels. I know the scratches on my car. When I bought it it had scratches and I plan to one day restore the paint to brand new status, and not to shirk responsibility onto others, but since i've owned it, there haven't been any new scratches. I'm very particular and I take amazing care of my paint. I go back to the service reps and tell her, tactfully and quietly (there are other customers in the vicinity,) that there are some scratches on the car that definitely weren't there before. On the way out, the other service rep pulls her phone out and shows me a picture of a scratch on my car that one of the mechanics took so they could prove that it was there before. I would've loved if it were the scratches in question. It was a prior scratch I'm aware of. i said I know about that scratch, that's not what I'm talking about. She comes out, and of course, immediately she says "we don't have anything that can make that scratch." Over the course of this interaction she said that no less than 10 times. The other service rep, the one with the picture, alerted one of the mechanics who meets us outside, so while she's vomiting bs that she has no idea about out of her mouth, I appeal to him. Believe me, I know it's my word against theirs and that they're not gonna admit to their carelessness, but I'm an ass!@#$ and this is what I do. I tell them both that I hand wash my car and that I washed it on Friday. It hasn't moved all weekend and it stays in a garage. All true. No dice. She says you have a scratch here, scratch there scratch there, I said I know about those scratches. I'm not talking about those scratches. The guy looks at the scratches and really concentrates on it and says "that wasn't us, no," as if to say, no the scratches we make don't have the characteristics of the scratches you have here. So I say "this is what I do. I come here and make up stories and blame you for scratches." They look at me and I say aalright thank you. and I just start laughing. They head in. I leave. I'm calling the service manager tomorrow and telling him everything. I DON'T want to burn bridges with my local cadillac service place but this is freakin ridiculous. Just to reiterate, this is supposed to be the best possible place to take your cadillac for service. Anywhere else is supposed to be worse than this!!! It's really frustrating. The next closest place is an hour away. It's nice being able to have them work on it while I'm at work instead of having to sit at the one that's an hour away for a whole Saturday. I'll give them one more chance to prove they're not completely incompetent and lacking in any type of a standard. Just venting guys. Anyone else got some stories?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Re: Horrible experiences with the dealer! Care to share?

Please pm me which service station. I've been to south Charlotte, mooresville, And a GM dealer in rock hill, I sure hope its none of these...

Where's Katie?

I'm about to PM you, but I will say no, none of those. Before we start getting people involved though, I'd like to see if I can talk to the sales manager tomorrow myself.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Yep. I've been round and round with my local Cadillac dealer, and so have my friends, family, and people on the CTS-V forum from what I've read. Everything from shop damage to paint (even on a brand new V Coupe!), dings on body, interior grease/dirt/wear, excessive miles put on car while in for service, lengthy time durations while in service, parts backordered for week(s), gas tank empty after service, more things wrong after service than before, unable to duplicate symptoms, etc etc. Yep, unfortunately these things seem to be the norm rather than the exception in the industry from what I've experienced and read - and I am somewhat friends with some of the service crew at my local dealer! Since my CPO Warrantee ran out I haven't gone there since, other than to replace a cat convertor. I now take it to my friend's shop, where he and his partner were GM Mechanics at dealerships for 25+ years. We (me, my dad, and all our friends) take all our cars to them and have for years. They treat the cars with total respect, no BS diagnosis or un-necessary repairs, and costs a fraction of what the dealership would charge. Anyone in the LA Area I highly recommend Murphs Auto Tech in Culver City, CA

Damn I gotta find a place like that around here. In ny I have family that has a shop but here in nc I'm stranded. Ill ask around. That's some straight up bull though. My buddy has a 2007 x5 and the car is a nightmare of problems so he's at BMW all the time. Never heard of an issue like we have. Instead of taking money and throwing you a receipt and your keys, they pull the car around for you because guess what? When the car is done, they leave it indoors until you pick it up so an 8 year old can't swing the door of mommy's Subaru open into your bimmer and so a pterodactl can't crap on your hood. I guess some places have more storage space than others. It's just a nice comforting feeling when you know they're gonna treat it like its their baby. Why won't they put their heart and care into what they do? Do they not get paid enough?? Oh well.

FWIW, I should also mention that I've had similar experiences with the local Mercedes dealer for my wife's car, although to a lesser extent. Never had anything damaged by them, but the "Unbable to duplicate symptom" or unable to figure out a solution has happened - on known issues we've seen discussed on the MBZ forums no less.

Gotcha gotcha. I wonder if cadillac dealers back in NYC are as incompetent. Have you been able to compare dealers in la to dealers in smaller areas? Ill be back living in ny in about a year so I can endure this crap for a little longer. Oh and I plan to pay the service manager a visit sometime this afternoon.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    I'm sure a lot of you will be able to relate to my bad experiences with the service department at the Cadillac dealer. PM me if you want to know what dealer it is in NC. From the beginning, You guys may remember when I started a thread about water being stuck in my trunklid. When I first went back to the dealer to pick up the car, I paid for their services, and of course what they did was drain the water out and put it back together, which obviously improves nothing. I was a little irritated while I was paying because I knew they solved nothing. So what happens the next time it rains? Water gets stuck in the trunklid. I go back, told them there was no improvement, they do the same damn thing and tell me there's nothing wrong. How the !@#$ does that make sense? They drained the water AGAIN, and said nothing is wrong??? No charge, so I didn't complain, but after I paid, I saw that my license plate had been screwed on crooked. Obviously crooked. Do I own a screwdriver and do I know how to fix it? Of course, but why do I have to clean up after their lack of attention to detail? This is Cadillac of ------. Not rusty ralph's auto shop. These are supposed to be the best possible people you can take your car to. Read the manual. If you take your car anywhere else, it will explode. I told them to fix the license plate before I left. They did. I haven't messed with going in the trunk much after it rains or a car wash recently, so the problem is probably still there. I believe it's in the spoiler. Next, I take the car in for its 50K mile services. Schedule an appt, take the car in, car gets done and the bill says they rotated the tires (side to side) and changed the oil. Look in your manual; there's more to the 50k mile services than that. I bring this up, and the mechanic checks his computer. Computer says to refer to the manual. Problem is I had it digitally on my phone, but not a hard copy. Ordered a manual, came in, scheduled an other appointment for last Tuesday (the 7th of May.) Had to cancel. I called and cancelled I believe on Friday, and rescheduled for the following Tuesday (today.) Took my car in last night because my buddy had an oil change on his CTS, so we picked up his car and dropped mine off. Talked to the service rep and of course, "you have an appointment for tomorrow?" "Yes it was last Tuesday and i rescheduled it for tomorrow." "well what do you need because we don't have you for tomorrow." First of all, there are 2 reps that work there and I know this was the same person I talked to when I made the appointment. I swear I wanted to jump across that counter. I tell her what I need. The whole 50k mile thing, blah blah. Turns out, "they do all that stuff when they change the oil." so they flush the transmission fluid when they change the oil? no. So that's what had to happen. I asked if they lube all the parts that require lubing and wasn't confident with her "yes if it needs to be done." Something about the way she said it screamed "oh crap no we don't but let me save face." So I inconvenienced cadillac with my surprise trans flush today. I also brought up an other issue I've spoken to you guys about; the loose glass in the right side view mirror. I go to pick up my car today, look at my bill and the first thing that jumps out was the mirror wobbling thing. What I specified is to advise on the repair. Cost? Whole mirror assembly replace? or just the glass? I know one of you guys said it's the whole thing, but they're the ones who would have to fix it so I wanted to know what they had to say. The bill said the world's famous "could not duplicate at this time." !@#$ me. If they tried 1. driving it, or 2. applying a light amount of pressure with their finger onto the glass, guess what? They would've duplicated it at that time. Moving on, I go to my car and just on a hunch, I do a walk around. that's what happens when you're shady. People second guess you. first of all, a bald eagle shat on the hood of my car. right in the center of the hood. I'm talking a good 6 inch by 6 inch piece of you know what. I get the microfiber towel out of the trunk and pour water on it and get it off. I go around to the passenger side, and see these 2 scratches, that look like either someone opened their door and hit my car, or my car door was opened and it hit something. They were a little less than a foot below the passenger front door handle. two of them. right down to the metal. Guys, I wash my car by myself. Hose, bucket, microfiber towels. I know the scratches on my car. When I bought it it had scratches and I plan to one day restore the paint to brand new status, and not to shirk responsibility onto others, but since i've owned it, there haven't been any new scratches. I'm very particular and I take amazing care of my paint. I go back to the service reps and tell her, tactfully and quietly (there are other customers in the vicinity,) that there are some scratches on the car that definitely weren't there before. On the way out, the other service rep pulls her phone out and shows me a picture of a scratch on my car that one of the mechanics took so they could prove that it was there before. I would've loved if it were the scratches in question. It was a prior scratch I'm aware of. i said I know about that scratch, that's not what I'm talking about. She comes out, and of course, immediately she says "we don't have anything that can make that scratch." Over the course of this interaction she said that no less than 10 times. The other service rep, the one with the picture, alerted one of the mechanics who meets us outside, so while she's vomiting bs that she has no idea about out of her mouth, I appeal to him. Believe me, I know it's my word against theirs and that they're not gonna admit to their carelessness, but I'm an ass!@#$ and this is what I do. I tell them both that I hand wash my car and that I washed it on Friday. It hasn't moved all weekend and it stays in a garage. All true. No dice. She says you have a scratch here, scratch there scratch there, I said I know about those scratches. I'm not talking about those scratches. The guy looks at the scratches and really concentrates on it and says "that wasn't us, no," as if to say, no the scratches we make don't have the characteristics of the scratches you have here. So I say "this is what I do. I come here and make up stories and blame you for scratches." They look at me and I say aalright thank you. and I just start laughing. They head in. I leave. I'm calling the service manager tomorrow and telling him everything. I DON'T want to burn bridges with my local cadillac service place but this is freakin ridiculous. Just to reiterate, this is supposed to be the best possible place to take your cadillac for service. Anywhere else is supposed to be worse than this!!! It's really frustrating. The next closest place is an hour away. It's nice being able to have them work on it while I'm at work instead of having to sit at the one that's an hour away for a whole Saturday. I'll give them one more chance to prove they're not completely incompetent and lacking in any type of a standard. Just venting guys. Anyone else got some stories?
    Hello Guy.Seminerio,

I apologize for your issues with your dealership you have experienced. I would be frustrated if I had to deal with these concerns as well. I see that you planned on reaching out to the service manager. Were you able to make contact with him and if so, what is the current update of your situation? If you feel more comfortable discussing these issues privately, please private message me, as I may ask for some personal information from you while we continue to communicate with one another.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Laura. I wasn't able to break from work until late afternoon today and the same will be the case tomorrow. By the time I was ready to go, I called the dealership to see if the guy was there. I know his name. He wasn't in so ill try again tomorrow. If talking to him doesn't resolve things ill appeal to you. Regardless of how our meeting goes, you'll see the results in this thread. Thanks again.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Thanks Laura. I wasn't able to break from work until late afternoon today and the same will be the case tomorrow. By the time I was ready to go, I called the dealership to see if the guy was there. I know his name. He wasn't in so ill try again tomorrow. If talking to him doesn't resolve things ill appeal to you. Regardless of how our meeting goes, you'll see the results in this thread. Thanks again.
    You are welcome Guy.Seminerio. I apologize again for what you are dealing with. I will keep a lookout for your update on the thread and or a private message from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Spoke to the service manager today. For the most part he wasn't buying it at first. I told him I wasn't expecting anything from them, that I just wanted to let him know about my experiences there. Then I expressed my frustration with the fact that THIS was supposed to be the BEST place to take my car. I meticulously take care of my car, cosmetically, and maintenance. He said we should take a ride so I could show him the mirror wobble. We went for a 10 minute drive, made small talk, saw the wobble, got back and he looked up the replacement. It is the entire mirror that needs to get replaced. He looked it up and after parts and labor, including taking it to the body shop to get painted, it was over $500. either around 570 or 520 I forgot. he then said he put me in for some program where GM covers a portion of the work. Forgot what it was called. GM something. All said and done, all I'm going to have to pay is $100. Not bad at all. That definitely satisfies me and compensates for all the headache I went through. I just hope my talk with him results in those guys stepping their game up. Although with what some of your responses say about dealer experiences, I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Wiskeyone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V

My dealership wanted to charge me $1400 for a brake pad and rotor replacement, front and rear..lol.so that's more than a $1000. For labor.wtf.

I'm sure someone else can chime in on whether or not that's normal because I'm not sure myself although I'm curious.

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Mine cost about $600 last time - I supplied rotors and pads. So $1K for labor is excessive.
    Take the parts to Midas or local shop and get it done for half.

The pads and rotors if purchased from Cadillac are very expensive, plus dealer hourly shop rate is around $160/hr now. There is an AC Delco pad and rotor set that can be ordered through the parts dept, which is the same exact part but in a Delco box instead of a Cadillac box. They are much less expensive, but you need to find a parts guy that's not lazy and will cross reference/look up the part #'s. As for labor cost, you're going to pay a lot if the dealer does the work - I have also heard this from a couple friends with CTS-V's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.