Horrible experiences with the dealer! Care to share? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Horrible experiences with the dealer! Care to share? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; just post it publicly... no need to keep the offending dealer's name a secret let everyone know - spread the ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Horrible experiences with the dealer! Care to share?

just post it publicly... no need to keep the offending dealer's name a secret

let everyone know - spread the word!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Haha sorry I gotta be diplomatic here. I have another year with this dealership until I move back to ny. I wouldn't want to leave my car with people that hate me. It's in nc and its not rippy don't worry.

rwwrrr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V 2008

Fresno, CA - Michael Cadillac
    Like most of you, I had issues with the thermostat and took my car the dealer to have it replaced so that my AC would work. The dealer broke the engine cover that overhangs near where the thermostat is located. I was completely amazed that they were so careless with the car and then didn’t try to replace the broken part. Then they failed to secure the coolant cap on the overflow tank causing the engine to eventually overheat. I had to get towed into the dealership, I never told them that when I opened the hood I found the reservoir cap loose I wanted to hear their diagnosis and I was headed out of town on a family trip. They called me a few hours later and told my wife the problem with the overheating was a hole in the radiator which needed to be replaced! I told her to tell the dealer to replace the engine cover while they were working on the car. He said he would look at and get back to us. So after a few days of calls the car was finished and yes he said they replaced the engine cover. Sure as heck I get there to pick up my car and the cover is not replaced but still broken. So I called the service guy over and showed him the issue, he took out his phone and took pictures and said he would speak to the manager and get back to me. Well it has been over a month and no contact I am about to take my car in for service and it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.
    Lastly, my front brakes are going out and there is no way I am going to let those clowns get near my car except for repairs that are outside of my comfort zone.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Quote Originally Posted by rwwrrr View Post
    The dealer broke the engine cover that overhangs near where the thermostat is located. I was completely amazed that they were so careless with the car and then didn’t try to replace the broken part.
    My dealer did this as well, just not in the same location as yours (and non-V).
    Supposedly the guy who was working on the car set the cover on the ground in the bay next to him where another tech ran it over with another car.
    It was missing a good 3"x6" chunk in the front of the cover where the power steering fluid cap is located.
    When I noticed it the service manager said "Oh I recall them saying something about breaking it but didn't hear more about it so assumed they had replaced it"
    It took about 3 weeks to get the replacement cover from them, a delay of supposedly ordering the wrong cover happened.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rwwrrr View Post
    Fresno, CA - Michael Cadillac
    Like most of you, I had issues with the thermostat and took my car the dealer to have it replaced so that my AC would work. The dealer broke the engine cover that overhangs near where the thermostat is located. I was completely amazed that they were so careless with the car and then didn’t try to replace the broken part. Then they failed to secure the coolant cap on the overflow tank causing the engine to eventually overheat. I had to get towed into the dealership, I never told them that when I opened the hood I found the reservoir cap loose I wanted to hear their diagnosis and I was headed out of town on a family trip. They called me a few hours later and told my wife the problem with the overheating was a hole in the radiator which needed to be replaced! I told her to tell the dealer to replace the engine cover while they were working on the car. He said he would look at and get back to us. So after a few days of calls the car was finished and yes he said they replaced the engine cover. Sure as heck I get there to pick up my car and the cover is not replaced but still broken. So I called the service guy over and showed him the issue, he took out his phone and took pictures and said he would speak to the manager and get back to me. Well it has been over a month and no contact I am about to take my car in for service and it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.
    Lastly, my front brakes are going out and there is no way I am going to let those clowns get near my car except for repairs that are outside of my comfort zone.
    Hello rwwrrr,

I apologize for the unsatisfactory dealership experience you are dealing with. If there is anything you would like to further discuss, please reach out to us via private message.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.