Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What are the diffrences between 06,07,08 STS V

8K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
I know the most V's were made in 06, but what are the major differences, if any from year to year up to 08. I have never seen an 09 STS V I know they made like 76 of them or something but I am interested in the the differences from 06 to 08 V's. They look the same.

#2 ·
I have an 09. My understanding is 06 and 07 are identical to each other and 08 and 09 are almost identical. The tail lights on the 06, 07 are darker than 08 09. Looks like they went to reflective surfaces on the later ones where they were previously doing black surfaces in the taillight assembly. It's the same change in the regular sts. In 08 lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring become not only available, but standard. I know heads up display is standard in 08+ and I think it was only available prior to that but I could be wrong. You have the added fender vent in 08. Oh also 08+ had a different steering wheel than prior. 3 steering wheel buttons on each side instead of 2. I think 08 plus still managed to lose a couple of lbs. not much. 09 the word supercharged no longer appears on the side of the car. 08+ wood doesn't surround the entire center display, it becomes a mix of wood and that aluminum stuff. Is that real aluminum btw?? I think i got it all.

#9 ·
I have found 4 08's but I cannot get my pen out faster than the other guy they have all sold out from under me in the last week. I am dealing with one right now but a couple from New York hs first dibs on it. I hope to hell their deal falls through today so I can swoop in I am not dickering on price much I have no leg to stand on. I have seen four black sts V sell in the last month 29800, 26700, 29999, and this one is around 29500. Miles were 39000, 66000, 21800, 48252.

The bank is telling me they are selling for 25000 K I said I wish they were I would be all over that. WTF are they smoking?

But Like I said I have not been able to even get close to one yet they sell to fast.

#25 ·
I have seen four black sts V sell in the last month 29800, 26700, 29999, and this one is around 29500. Miles were 39000, 66000, 21800, 48252.

The bank is telling me they are selling for 25000 K I said I wish they were I would be all over that. WTF are they smoking?

But Like I said I have not been able to even get close to one yet they sell to fast.
I'm afraid I may have purchased one that you are referring to that had 66k on it, if it was the one in Lombard, Illinois. Stared at it on autotrader for about a month before I had to pull the trigger on it. My friend wanted to buy my 05 STS and Chicago area isn't too far from me, so I took the opportunity while I could because just like you said...these are rare and sell quick.

#13 ·
#16 ·
bro im telling you. autotrader.com. search cadillac sts's and put keyword "sts v" no dashes or anything. Just how I did it. There are so many. Theres even a newly listed 2006 in stealth grey which is pretty rare and will make you a stand out.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ds=25&searchRadius=0&captureSearch=true&Log=0

There are so many for sale, and just looking at the first couple, they've been viewed a few hundred times, which suggests they've been on sale for more than a day if you know what I mean. Also carguru.com is a pretty good source. theres an 07 with 13k miles for 28 and change on autotrader too. and there are a lot more. You'll have to sift through a few non Vs, but the choices are plentiful. Now go get an STS-V so you can join the family. We're a small family who loves each other very much. :thumbsup:

#17 ·
Also, not sure how many people know this but there is an autocheck glitch that will get you a vin check.

Go to google, type in "dealer autocheck inurl vin", it will usually start to autofill if you have that enabled
Click on one of the recent links for an existing vin
Change the last part of the URL to the vin of the car you're looking at...

#18 ·
Not interested in an 06 and both those 08 black ones are sold but still up for sale. I am talking to the guy with the 07 with 13K on it. I cant get out to drive it so I would be buying it sight unseen other than pics. I would have to have it shipped to my location about 800 bucks. No heads up display bu the low miles are very enticing. Seriously considering it. That guy soups up Northstars for a living. Now stop talking about my car online.

#20 ·
It is funny you guys are acting like there are a ton of these vehicles out there, well there is not here is the break down from Wiki.

Production STS-V Production Numbers

2006 - 1,306 Total - 55 were exported to various countries

2007 - 642 Total - 65 were exported to various countries

2008 - 459 Total - 32 were exported to various countries

2009 - 96 total - 4 were exported to Gulf States (BAHRAIN,OMAN,QATAR,UAE)

Total productuion 2,503 Units

Of these numbers how many are black on blk with <30 K on them? Those numbers just cut down to lesss then 25%. Guy you have an 09 well your one of the very few.

#26 ·
nastV said:
I'm afraid I may have purchased one that you are referring to that had 66k on it, if it was the one in Lombard, Illinois. Stared at it on autotrader for about a month before I had to pull the trigger on it. My friend wanted to buy my 05 STS and Chicago area isn't too far from me, so I took the opportunity while I could because just like you said...these are rare and sell quick.
Oh so your the one. Yes I too looked at that car on auto trader for about a month. The one I really wanted was sold at Weil Cadillac in libertyville the month before. I called on the car you bought the Monday after you bought it on Saturday.

But it's cool I bought an 07 from California and drove it home this week. I got home Friday night, I flew out to calli on Wednesday. It now has 15500 miles on it. I love the car!!!!!

#28 ·
Congratulations on the purchase! I was drooling over the one at Weil as well but I knew it was going to go quick, so I focused my attention on the one in Lombard. Test drove it on April Fools day, and to be honest initially I was not going to purchase it; then I sold my current STS and couldn't fight the temptation. Very jealous of your low miles though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.