Cadillac STS-V Interior LED Light Conversion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac STS-V Interior LED Light Conversion in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Can we talk LEDs for the interior? Anyone have them done in their car? I saw a thread on STS ...
    Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Cadillac STS-V Interior LED Light Conversion

Can we talk LEDs for the interior? Anyone have them done in their car? I saw a thread on STS forums where someone complained of a flickering when the interior lights were shutting off. Instead of dimming off, they flickered. Then some other guy said he got LEDs and that they didn't flicker, but never answered when asked where he got them from. I want to change every interior light including the doorsill lights except for the vanity mirrors. I'd also like the trunk done too. The light that lights up the trunk when it's opened. I've had the license plate and reverse lights done since not long after I bought the car. I didn't want to do the interior at first, but the XTS4 I rented this past weekend had them and it was a nice clean look. So does anyone have them and does the dimming work properly? If so, where did you get them? Thanks a lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kbf250 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V

Re: Cadillac STS-V Interior LED Light Conversion

All my interior lights are led. They work just fine. I got mine on ebay.
    The sellers ebay store is "luceprodukt". I do not know if they still have
    any available. You can look up his store and email him. I bought an 18
    light kit from them. They do light up the interior very nice and the trunk.

I just emailed him. Thanks a lot.

pwrsix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    I just emailed him. Thanks a lot.
    What ever happened with this? Did you do the LEDs on the interior? Any feedback? I want to do my whole car. Interior and exterior. I found a site that sells a package for the interior and a couple exterior lights for the STS-V.

http://www.precisionled.com/cadillac...2005-2011.html

It even comes with the tools to do it.

These guys have them too.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/l...v--/10-1028--/

Superbrightleds doesnt sell a package . Its a little confusing to try and order all of the lights individually. There are all different replacement LEDs for each bulb on the car. I just want to make sure I get all of the right ones. Matching and not too bright.

I've read multiple posts about people doing this. There is a really good one in the CTS section with pictures.

I'm glad you brought this back up. I've emailed these people 3 separate times, starting from when i said I'd email them, up until 3 or 4 days ago. Haven't gotten any response, so no progress on the conversion. Also, I'm glad you included those sites. I'm gonna try them out now. And I will update when its done, with before and after pics.

edit, I just ordered from precision LED. No vanity because I think with the vanity you're better off with the regular IMO, and no license plate because I already have those. I added trunk. I'll take before and after pics and show.

The lights came in yesterday. Installed them a couple of hours ago. Very straightforward. There's the usual thing where if it doesn't work, flip it 180 degrees and it'll be good. The only issue I ran into was the courtesy lights in the front doors (rear doors use a different light.) The new LED ones from precision LEDs are a little longer which made it very difficult to get the lens back in and flush with the bottom of the door. I applied a lot of pressure (pushing the light in the direction you had to push it to sit it in the socket) using one of the trim tools, wrapped in a microfiber towel, while pushing very hard up on the lens with my thumb. In addition to the interior trim tools that come free with a purchase from precision LEDs (which is great,) I recommend you bring out pliers and a microfiber towel. Pliers to pull the two courtesy lights that light up where the driver and passenger's feet are. They're up in this hole so you kinda have to yank it downward like a dentist yanking a tooth out of your mouth. Towel so you can wrap whatever tools you use in it so you don't damage anything. Also so you can handle the bulbs without damaging anything. Also removing hot bulbs becomes easy with the towel. Like I said, I didn't get license plate because I already have LED license plate lights and I didn't get the vanity lights. I did get the trunk light. The total came out to $92.96 when it was all said and done. I went with the 6K white option. It's a good look and I recommend it. Ordered on the 20th, got here on the 24th, so pretty decent turnaround time for the cheapest possible shipping option. The lights were separated in these small zip lock bags, each of which was labeled, (glove box, courtesy light, etc.) which I found incredible. It's the little things, you know? I kept the bag. Put the old lights in their respective bag. Thanks for the recommendation to go with Precision LEDs. Pictures to follow later today.

Pictures
    Attached Images
    theotherguyssn likes this.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    That's a nice subtle change

yep that's a good way to describe it. Going 8k would make it bluer but probably much brighter than stock, if it even was brighter. I like how it came out. Wouldn't want a "cheap" look. Thanks for the compliment.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    I will be coping you.

haha nice it's a good look. Let me know if you run into any issues, but it's pretty straightforward. The overhead console that houses the map lights and the dome lights in the back just come straight down. just gotta pry it down. Let us know how it goes.

Forgot to include this. This is how my order came from Precision LEDs.
    Attached Images

I'm glad Precision LED worked out. Too bad they don't have a kit for the exterior lights. I'm probably going to order their interior kit and try to piece together the exterior LEDS from Superbright. Has anybody done the exterior lights?

I think its a nice look for short money.

Thanks for the feedback Guy.

No problem. I know they have license plate lights. Don't know about the front markers in the headlight, the signal/Drl or the side markers/signal on the front fenders. I would think so though. Oh and the reverse lights. I have reverse and license plate LEDs already from some local shop (NYC).

Just ordered the interior kit from precision LED with the trunk strip.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.