Tinted Windows Cadillac STS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Tinted Windows Cadillac STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; On gm truck/suv factory tint on them is 30% making 35% as close to factory match as you can get. ...
    1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Tinted Windows Cadillac STS-V

On gm truck/suv factory tint on them is 30% making 35% as close to factory match as you can get. It's just a little lighter witch is good on front windows.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Me and my roommate drove up to
    Ny in a rental for a wedding this weekend. Rented a cadillac xts. Nice car. Wouldn't trade mine for it, nor would he trade his cts. Either way, the glass has a factory tint of 70% so now I have an idea of what it looks like. Ill snap a couple of pics so people can see for future reference but you wouldn't think it was tinted looking at it. Think I'm just gonna tint mine at 50% and risk it. Should be alright.

The place nearest me that does the llumar f1 pinnacle series ceramic tint quoted me $295 for all but the windshield. I asked if llumar made that film in a 100% tint, in other words letting all light in (for the windshield) she said yes, and that the factory glass blocks out 30% of uv rays as it is being that its tempered glass. I asked what adding the clear film would do, she said it would bump it up to 99%. Like I said I'm doing this to protect my interior. So the 50% on the sides and back with the clear for the windshield makes it $400 even. I'm doing it. Also still have the pics of the factory 70% tint from the xts which ill upload when I'm on my computer.

I can't upload a picture that can actually be seen without a magnifying glass on this website so if anyone is interested in seeing what the factory 70% tint looks like, hit me up. It even says on the glass 70%.

I think all new cars our at least gm ones are 70% right from the factory. I know my 11 chevy truck is. it's just to block the uv and glare at night.

hiltonny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have 35% tint on both cars in upstate NY, the legal percent isn't worth the effort. Some tint materials will reduce radio reception in the AM band so if you listen to AM ask the tinter which is best.

the ceramic won't affect radio reception. It's the metallic ones that are supposed to interfere. And you're right about it not being worth it. I'm going with the 50%. I really feel like I see a bunch of people doing it anyway as it is. I don't think its heavily enforced in NYC. Even if I'm pulled over, I'll flash the PBA card and I should be straight. By the way, I'm an idiot. the same factory tint on the XTS is on my car. If you look at the little writing on the glass you'll see something that says TRAN 70% or something like that.

If I were you I would go with 35% I have it on all my cars and have on issues in pa. 50% is still very light and you will want darker. Just do 35% and be done with it.

I'd love to but I'm afraid I'd be attracting too much attention in ny where 70% is the legal limit.

I'm telling you every one runs 35% and 70% is stock no tint at all just uv reducers. Your driving a caddy not a busted Honda civic with limo tint on it. Pa is a 0% tint state and I have never had a ticket for tint. It's the same fine for any tint so might as well pay for tint that looks like tint.

ah just looked it up. Didn't realize PA tint laws are even stricter than NY. 70% all around for PA. NY is 70% except the back is any tint desired. Can you show me what your car looks like with the 35% please. Thanks man. If it doesn't look too dramatically, attention grabbingly dark I'll go 35.

Pm me your email and I will send you some pics of it.

fchavez80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Here's my XTS with newly 35% tinted windows all around.
    Attached Images

Congrats on the car. Looks good. thanks for the pics. I see you're in the garage there. I'm guessing when it's outside in the sun, it doesn't look as dark? because if that's basically how it's gonna look in general, I think I'll be attracting way too much NYPD attention.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Here is mine with 35% on all windows. The rear ones look darker because the rear window is tinted.

fchavez80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    Congrats on the car. Looks good. thanks for the pics. I see you're in the garage there. I'm guessing when it's outside in the sun, it doesn't look as dark? because if that's basically how it's gonna look in general, I think I'll be attracting way too much NYPD attention.
    Thanks. Yes, in garage and in the sun it doesn't look as dark. Supposed to be sunny here tomorrow so I'll take a few pics then and post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.