New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!! - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 89
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; If you plan on driving the STS-V year round in MN I would suggest another set of rims with snow ...
  1. #31
    Caroutisine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    522

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    If you plan on driving the STS-V year round in MN I would suggest another set of rims with snow tires. I drove my 2005 STS V8 RWD here and snow tires were really nice to have.

  2. #32
    cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-v View Post
    I bought that one in Rogers... Kinda disappointed with the service guys
    That was my car I traded into them. Trust me it was well taken care of when I had it and was properly serviced. I gave the dealership all the service records I had for it. As far as the tires being bald someone must of used it after me as they all still had 7+/32 on them. The reason it didn't have an engine cover is because it had an intake put on the car. I might still have it of you really want it. It sounds like they let to many people drive the car after I got rid of it. I picked it up from Missouri originally. Questions about it feel freer to pm me as I'm not on here anymore and I'll get an email. I was wondering who bought it. Have fun with it

  3. #33
    Ludacrisvp's Avatar
    Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    St Michael, MN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,140

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-v View Post
    I bought that one in Rogers... Kinda disappointed with the service guys
    So I have my STS in there now for some service and was talking to them about the V that they had.
    The tech I was talking to worked on it, he said it needed quite a bit of work when they got it in.

    He mentioned it was in a front end collision of some kind as there was overspray all over it.
    He did mention that the supercharger coolant was really low and the car kept on going into 4-cylinder limp mode due to cooling issues.
    From what he could tell none of the cooling fans worked either.

    Obviously they had to fix the cooling system but just a heads up should you see some issues with supercharger coolant or temperature problems.

    Now this could have been a different STS-V than the one you bought or he was mis-remembering the issues it had just putting it out there.

  4. #34
    OMG-V's Avatar
    OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    238

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    Hello. Congrats! Any issues thus far?

  5. #35
    264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    DAYTON, OHIO
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by kjburto
    Hey everyone my name is Joe and I just purchased my dream car, a 2007 Cadillac STS V black with gray intetior. I am in love with everything about this car! I wanted to say hello and introduce myself, so hello.

    <img src="http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107334"/>
    How are you likening the STS-V? Still in love? I'm a new 07' STS-V owner as well and I love it, I'm not ashamed to say. Amy issues with yours? mine is all stock, I just replaced back brakes, both rear hub bearings and now "Annette" is in Tip Top shape.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-v
    Yeah i know what you mean, Its been a project but negotiated a pretty good price and have been chipping away at the problems areas like the door trim and what not
    Hey Ninja, what kind of issues and miles do you have on your STS-V? Just wondering, I've got 82,000 on mine and it was a two owner, first owner was basically GM (a company car) for 5,000 miles and then it was auctioned off. The new owner took it to the same dealer for everything and I was able to get get all maintenance records for all work done, so pretty nice knowing history of the car. This car loves wheel hub bearings!

  6. #36
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,884

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 264WOODY View Post
    How are you likening the STS-V? Still in love? I'm a new 07' STS-V owner as well and I love it, I'm not ashamed to say. Amy issues with yours? mine is all stock, I just replaced back brakes, both rear hub bearings and now "Annette" is in Tip Top shape.

    ----------



    Hey Ninja, what kind of issues and miles do you have on your STS-V? Just wondering, I've got 82,000 on mine and it was a two owner, first owner was basically GM (a company car) for 5,000 miles and then it was auctioned off. The new owner took it to the same dealer for everything and I was able to get get all maintenance records for all work done, so pretty nice knowing history of the car. This car loves wheel hub bearings!
    Hello 264WOODY,

    I see your love for your new to you 07' STS-V. You should post a picture if you can! What makes you love this vehicle so much? Glad it's meeting your expectations.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  7. #37
    264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    DAYTON, OHIO
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

    Hello 264WOODY,

    I see your love for your new to you 07' STS-V. You should post a picture if you can! What makes you love this vehicle so much? Glad it's meeting your expectations.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Laura,
    I need to take some more pictures, the ones I have seem too big to post on this thread, I'll see what I can do. As far as why I love this car soo much, where should I begin...
    It's a Cadillac! , American made, styling, Power, Class, luxury, Navigation, DVD, Bose sound, really,? Bone stock this thing runs like a "scalled dog" this is nothing less than a luxury race car. And limited edition at that, so really, why do I love this car, if I had the money, I would have a spare to take to car shows.
    I came across the posting from the car dealer I bought the car from...
    This is my "Annette"


    http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/3959082195.html

  8. #38
    OMG-V's Avatar
    OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    238
    That's some deal you got! Congrats!

  9. #39
    264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    DAYTON, OHIO
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG-V
    That's some deal you got! Congrats!
    Thanks, I thought so, I'm pleased after looking at the others I came across, this was by far the nicest one. I found several salvage/rebuilt titles, and some that were just ran the dog piss out of. I'm thinking exhaust is the only mod for mine, I think I order to keep it very dependable, the fine engineers at the cadillac performance division knew what worked best.

  10. #40
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,884

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 264WOODY View Post
    Laura,
    I need to take some more pictures, the ones I have seem too big to post on this thread, I'll see what I can do. As far as why I love this car soo much, where should I begin...
    It's a Cadillac! , American made, styling, Power, Class, luxury, Navigation, DVD, Bose sound, really,? Bone stock this thing runs like a "scalled dog" this is nothing less than a luxury race car. And limited edition at that, so really, why do I love this car, if I had the money, I would have a spare to take to car shows.
    I came across the posting from the car dealer I bought the car from...
    This is my "Annette"


    http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/3959082195.html
    Hello 264WOODY,

    I am happy you were able to find a great deal and what you were looking for ! I am glad you are satisfied with the features of your vehicle and seem to really enjoy your "Annette" so far Continue to enjoy!

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  11. #41
    Ninja-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    25
    Posts
    81

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    So I have my STS in there now for some service and was talking to them about the V that they had.
    The tech I was talking to worked on it, he said it needed quite a bit of work when they got it in.

    He mentioned it was in a front end collision of some kind as there was overspray all over it.
    He did mention that the supercharger coolant was really low and the car kept on going into 4-cylinder limp mode due to cooling issues.
    From what he could tell none of the cooling fans worked either.

    Obviously they had to fix the cooling system but just a heads up should you see some issues with supercharger coolant or temperature problems.

    Now this could have been a different STS-V than the one you bought or he was mis-remembering the issues it had just putting it out there.
    nope that's the one. That dealer needs to go out of business as it was a terrible experience all the way around.

  12. #42
    bigburban's Avatar
    bigburban is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    109

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    Drove mine all last winter. Only got stuck once. Needed weight in the trunk then it was fine in the snow. I had conti dws tires which seemed great in fresh snow but a little loose on ice. Ended up giving my winter beater to my daughter so drove the v more than I thought I would. The heated seats and wheel are fantastic. Also started better than my wife's newer suburban in the cold.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

  13. #43
    Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    How much weight did you put in the trunk. The only I can foresee now is ground clearance especially with the d3 lowering springs.

  14. #44
    bigburban's Avatar
    bigburban is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    109

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    2 60 pound bags of sand. When I got stuck it was in about 4 inches of fresh snow. Where I live the management was very slow about plowing the parking lot I had to drive through to get out the main road. I think I would have made it if I didn't try and drive forward. I went fine in reverse, But had problems pushing the wide front tires through the snow. The car is heavy and without the help of three other people I would have been there for a while. Was an hour late to work which was hard to explain as it is only 15 minutes by foot from home to work.

  15. #45
    Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: New 2007 STS V owner in MN saying hello!!!

    Haha good story and thanks for the info.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting