New STS-V!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New STS-V!!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I don't know about you guys, but this new sts seems to be pretty intriguing. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1...
    V_Power is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New STS-V!!!

I don't know about you guys, but this new sts seems to be pretty intriguing.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V bl/bl CAGS!, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus Brakes

Re: New STS-V!!!

I wonder if the STS-V owners get the "stuff" we get?

Base car:
    Wheel hop
    New rear ends ever 10K miles

By going with the NorthStar in stead of the push rod motors they are lowering the torque curve so they can kill two birds with one stone (wheel hop and new rear ends)?

Thoughts?

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just in time for the 500hp M5

I'm waiting for a curb weight and price.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

The STS-V will be a very nice premium sport sedan, for about $70-75,000.
    It'll probably be a few ticks slower in acceleration than an E55 and new M5, and it should sit between the two when it comes to ride quality and drivetrain. The STS-V should offer a more engaging ride than the E55 while being slightly more compliant than the M5. It has one more gear ratio than the current E55 which should give the Cadillac smoother quicker shifts (if they keep the ratios close), and it should shift smoother than the SMGIII for the M5.

BBV
    BBV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT
    Just in time for the 500hp M5

I'm waiting for a curb weight and price.

According to AutoWeek (1/10/05), the Ď06 STS-V weighs in at 4295lbs and will start at $65k.

0-60 in 4.9sec and lapped the Nurburgring in 8 minutes 31 seconds.
    Mighty impressive for a 4300 lb ______(fill in the blank).

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

The CTS-V lapped in 8 minutes 19 seconds. Faster than either the M3 or the M5 in 2004.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Speculation has got you CTS-V folks holding your breath.

Are you ready for trade in?????????

The new tech N* has none of the old "traights" Seriously, I have my eye on it. You CTS-V guys are going to the bottom of the Caddy food chain (well, not the bottom).

Dont frett, just get ready to order. LOL

See the name?

BBV
    BBV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by STS 310

The new tech N* has none of the old "traights" Seriously, I have my eye on it. You CTS-V guys are going to the bottom of the Caddy food chain (well, not the bottom).

See the name?
    Not me, Iím not even thinking of an STS.
    I am waiting on pins and needles for an LS7 CTS-V.
    I have put my Fatherís long time Cadillac dealer in Detroit on notice. Iím first in line if it happens.
    Man do I miss my former job as an engineer for a tier one supplier to Cadillac. My finger is no longer on the pulse of whatís happening in Detroit, Iím living in an automotive vacuum these days.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

See the name?
    Too bad you won't be able to do too much to increase the 440hp. Maybe a pulley, some playing with chips? For your starting price, we could have a F/I 427. For just a fraction, we can go FI and trump 440 with about 540 of our own.

I don't know why we have to debate with other Caddy owners, I guess you just haven't been able to benefit from Cadillac's resurgence and are stuck with FWD for the timebeing....you poor soul, you.

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm just impressed there's proper gramma'.... or gramuer... or is is grammur in this thread.....

Those of you who read "the other" thread know what I'm talking about.

Gotta go guys, wife's napping and baby is asleep, time to get in a quick....:drinker

VinMan out....

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

before I forget...now too.....

I can't really talk about sucking.... just look at my avtar picture

PneuBird is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

For the same price you could have a Mallet "V" and blow everybodies doors off!!!

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Nice job by Cadillac and GMPD. It won'tl touch an E55 or new M5 in acceleration, but if the price is right then great value is there. I drove a V8 STS when my V was in for service, and it had no problem spinning the wheels without hop. Not to mention the new 6-spd Automatic is fully computer controlled and lightens throttle between shifts and the like. It takes alot to change perceptions of a car company, but the first two Vs and the next models go a long way towards changing the way people think of Caddy.

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Dont frett, just get ready to order.
    Who the hell is this guy?

I'm all set with the STS-V. Is it a great car, absolutely.......no doubt. Would it be fantastic for my 62 year old father? I couldn't think of one better.

Is it for this 29 year old? Not a shot in hell. I'll hold on to my CTS-V with a smile.

There's not a single car I'd rather have than my CTS-V, but there are many that I would rather have over a STS-V.

crimson pimp 01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

please ! i have an 01 sts and love every second of it. and i cant wait for the sts v to come out. im 28 by the way. the cts v is bad ass and i have driven many (im a tech at a GM dealer so i get to drive close to everything). your driving a rebodied vette so of course its not going compare performance wise to an old or new sts. but if your 62 year old father would drive a 440 horse caddy then hes not as old as his age may seem. now if your talking an old deville then your comment may be better. but the sts new or old deffinetly isnt an old mans car. but with the birth of the cts v now caddy is a cool young hip carline again, not to mention the onslaught GM has unleashed in the form of advertising. i get the old mans car thing everytime. but as far as im concerned my corsa exhaust and nos have left many thinking who was that old man! biggest problem i see here is people assuming that becuase it has a higher horse rating that it will be faster then the cts v. just a little educationing will correct that, not a slam to the other cars

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.