New STS-V!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New STS-V!!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Has everyone seen this article? http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=184&n=157...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: New STS-V!!!

Has everyone seen this article?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=184&n=157

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson pimp 01
    please ! i have an 01 sts and love every second of it. and i cant wait for the sts v to come out. im 28 by the way. the cts v is bad ass and i have driven many (im a tech at a GM dealer so i get to drive close to everything). your driving a rebodied vette so of course its not going compare performance wise to an old or new sts. but if your 62 year old father would drive a 440 horse caddy then hes not as old as his age may seem. now if your talking an old deville then your comment may be better. but the sts new or old deffinetly isnt an old mans car. but with the birth of the cts v now caddy is a cool young hip carline again, not to mention the onslaught GM has unleashed in the form of advertising. i get the old mans car thing everytime. but as far as im concerned my corsa exhaust and nos have left many thinking who was that old man! biggest problem i see here is people assuming that becuase it has a higher horse rating that it will be faster then the cts v. just a little educationing will correct that, not a slam to the other cars

I wasn't insinuating that the STS-V is an old man's car. What I'm saying is that it is massive and a little to posh for me personally to get all that excited over. If there were no CTS-V, I would buy a C6 Vette or an M3, but the STS-V regardless of how awesome it is, would bee a long way down the list.

BTW, the CTS-V is absolutely not a "rebodied Vette". I would figure a GM tech would know that.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I doubt highly that any true CTS-V enthusiast would trade over to an STS-V. It's less agile (or will be once it's tested), heavier, automatic and based on the same platform as our CTS-V. BTW it's not a rebodied vette. As far as the "food chain" goes, I see the STS-V as the bottom of the pack between the E55 and M5, it's competition. It's a good car, just not there on performance yet. The CTS-V however beat the S4 and M3 at Nuburing (sp) and does it for $1,000's less. The price of admission for a performance oriented vehicle is uh, let me think, yah that's it, performance. Yes the STS-V is a good vehicle it's just not GREAT at anything. The CTS-V has more horsepower, more room and is faster when track tested vs. the M3 and S4. I also like the fact that I can add power at will hampered only by my budget and willlingness to void my warranty. Good luck increasing the HP in an STS-V.

***All opinions expressed in this post are the sole property of the poster and do not necessarily represent the opinions of anyone else and frankly the poster likes it that way.***

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Cadillac fans attacking excellent Cadillac products.
    This thread should be moved to an STS-V section of the forum.

C-TX-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by STS 310
    Speculation has got you CTS-V folks holding your breath.

Are you ready for trade in?????????

The new tech N* has none of the old "traights" Seriously, I have my eye on it. You CTS-V guys are going to the bottom of the Caddy food chain (well, not the bottom).

Dont frett, just get ready to order. LOL

See the name?
    Sorry, not impressed. I think I am just whelmed...

Two different cars...two different market segments...two different buyers.

Trim several hundred pounds off the STS-V, offer the 500HP 7.0 liter Z07 engine, T56 6spd, AND option the AWD...then I'll hold my breath.

crimson pimp 01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

edit: i did have something here but the "enthusiasts" are more then i need to deal with in an online pissing contest or whatever this thread has turned into. drive what you like and stop comparing apples to oranges

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by crimson pimp 01
    the cts v shares the complete vette power train and most if not all the suspension pieces and shares the vettes platform. the mere fact it is on the vette platform pretty much makes it a rebodied unit. and id think you "enthusiasts" being as knowledged as you are wouldve realized i didnt mean that 100% litterely. it is not its own car, as with more then half of gms line up being borrowed platforms. the vette owners made the biggest stink about the ctsv due to the fact no car has shared the vettes platform since its introduction and now another car does. if your taking this as a personal attack then you can stop now. i was making a piont and voicing my opinion as were you earlier.
    Platform? You mean like the Vette and the XLR share (not the CTSV)?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.