I want one!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, I want one! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So . . . anybody out there have one of these STS-V beasties on order yet?...
    OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I want one!

So . . . anybody out there have one of these STS-V beasties on order yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: I want one!

what is more moneythe cts or the sts?

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I drove the Luxury Sport version with the AWD of the STS a few weeks back and it was in the $64K MSRP range, so you can bet the 440HP supercharged 'V' model with 19" wheels will be at least another $10K added on to that.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Yes, I like those a lot. However, due to the cost, my CTS is probably safe from being traded in.

dam that looks like almost 70 gs.. for that ill buy a v, take family out to dinner buy my son a bag of pototoe chips and new sneakers, send in a mortgage payment and still have like 15 gs in my pocket.

MikeyVSeries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V (White Diamond)

true that crockone

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

I think the AWD adds quite a bit to the sticker. I just bought the wife a Dodge Magnum w/ hemi. AWD was a $4,000 option I didn't go for it and opted for the TC/SSC. Works well on my CTS.

fuk dat.. id get a v al day.. bt not to say the sts is not hot as helll.

Quote Originally Posted by crockone
    fuk dat.. id get a v al day.. bt not to say the sts is not hot as helll.
    The Hemi Magnum is a station wagon and serves as a utility vehicle. It hauls our 2"x4"s and a surf board at blistering speed. Even with the optional fold down seats the CTS sucks as a hauler.

if you want a hauler get a ford pickup.. why would you cary 2x4s in a nice car like that anyway... i got a work van for that!

if you want a hauler get a ford pickup.. why would you cary 2x4s in a nice car like that anyway... i got a work van for that!
    Crock, You obviously have no class my man I traded 2002 Ford Pick up in on this grocery getter. I was embarrased to have the Ford parked in the drive way beside the Caddy. I don't think you picked up on the "Need for Speed" either. Besides the Magnum keep the lumber dry

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

dam that looks like almost 70 gs.. for that ill buy a v, take family out to dinner buy my son a bag of pototoe chips and new sneakers, send in a mortgage payment and still have like 15 gs in my pocket.
    It's all relative, dude! I'm sure average Joe says the same thing about anyone crazy enough to spend ~$40,000 on a new CTS . . . Even my girlfriend said "Buy a fully loaded Camry, and put $15,000 in your pocket"! It's just not my type of car.

Most folks who would buy a new STS-V are successful middle aged professionals. I agree, that's a lot of scratch to spend on transportation. But, I've seen kids with $40,000 in a 'show-car Civic'. Yes, I always ask myself "WHY . . . it's still a Civic!".

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    It's all relative, dude! I'm sure average Joe says the same thing about anyone crazy enough to spend ~$40,000 on a new CTS . . . Even my girlfriend said "Buy a fully loaded Camry, and put $15,000 in your pocket"! It's just not my type of car.

Most folks who would buy a new STS-V are successful middle aged professionals. I agree, that's a lot of scratch to spend on transportation. But, I've seen kids with $40,000 in a 'show-car Civic'. Yes, I always ask myself "WHY . . . it's still a Civic!".
    yea i understand but i say maybee its what the person likes.. i had a show car civic spent maybee 20gs or more into it.. and couldnt afford the payment... lmaooo.. its just the persons taste , people who he hangs with, the cars owned around the person, and over all what the person really wants.. like my brothers and wife say,,"why you had to get a caddy" who you think you are? a big baller why couldnt you get a regular mazda or a honda..? and i was like umm its what i wanted no mater how much it costs.. but i know im contradicting my self but its just what floats the persons boat..

My thoughts on the cars we buy: I suggest we build an image around ourselves that serves to tell us who we are. We do it with the way we dress, the way we decorate our home, our choice of a pets (or not) our pick of friends and the choice of our car. I think the CTS as the entry level car say you have almost made it. You picked Cadillac, the pinnacle of American luxuary cars as your standard. The CTS is the beginning. What's next? Maybe the STS or the XLR or perhaps the CTS-V. What ever, I see it as a statement about you. Next comes the way you appoint your car with custom items. Caution here! If you're a fraud your true identity can come out here. Hey, it's IMO. I'm allowed. Any thoughts?

mines fully loaded so that makes me?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.