cat gutting
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, cat gutting in Cadillac V-Series Forums; i know its been posted but this is quick and i couldnt find it. i want to gutt mine tmrrw ...
    boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

cat gutting

i know its been posted but this is quick and i couldnt find it. i want to gutt mine tmrrw since ih ave all day off, HOWEVER! want to make sure other than the stupid CEL i wont have performance issues.. the light will be tuned out when the car gets tuned shortly, so dont care about it..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,09 escalade, 80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: cat gutting

It might run rich/lean but not bad enough to hirt if only for a little while.

hum.. i might wait then cuz i dont have a set date with steck to retune. dangit.. lol

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,09 escalade, 80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Why do you want to gut them??

bc they seem to fail anyway so might as well just remove before that happens. also, free alil more flow and power.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Since mine are new and we smog test out here that is not an option for me. I will say if they fail again before I sell her I will take her to an exhaust shop and have them weld in flanges and add aftermarket high flows with a "test" pipe option.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

i dont have a v but reg 4.6 and mine are gutted and no ses light since i use the spark plug non fouler trick. and it does make it look blow by when i down shift all the way down to 1st but thats just the unburnt gas. x pipe no res to two moroso sprial flo mufflers is what im runnung as far as exhaust, its loud but not to look at me while idling or cruising. sounds like a pisse off cobra

mine are done and hopefully steck will be doing the actual dsteck tune on it this week. had a timing issue with his wife having a child and all. hoping tues or thurs this week, cant freaking wait!!

eatonup1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

Gutted mine two years ago...WAAAY too much $$ for new GM Replacements, and easier than trying to cut and weld in aftermarket cats, due to them manifold placement. Added Magnaflow tru-flow x-pipe, and two Magnaflow mufflers. Ran rich for a couple weeks, then added a FULL Spectre Intake...seems good, and its been like that for 2 years! NO ISSUES!

mine is done, just postd the new dyno vids. if I could figure out how to get the sheets from my phone to upload on here I would. have both before and after the dsteck tune. oddly enough, EXACT same numbers, but SO MUCH better looking graph.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.