2013 nav disk
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2013 nav disk in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Anybody upgraded to the 2013 nav disk yet?...
    bigburban is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008

2013 nav disk

Anybody upgraded to the 2013 nav disk yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: 2013 nav disk

Bought my V about a month ago and the dealer gave it to me with a nav disk in the box wrapped in plastic. That leads me to believe it's new, but do you know how I can actually tell what year disk it is? I'm looking at the box right now. Don't see a year.

----------

Going to bed but if it helps any the back of the box says "Map data released as version 8.00."

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Bought my V about a month ago and the dealer gave it to me with a nav disk in the box wrapped in plastic. That leads me to believe it's new, but do you know how I can actually tell what year disk it is? I'm looking at the box right now. Don't see a year.

----------

Going to bed but if it helps any the back of the box says "Map data released as version 8.00."
    I believe we have the same Denso Nav system and the latest Map DVD set is version 8.00, GM Part Number 25979939U and has 2007 NAVTEQ map data. This version GM NAV disc is the latest and last update available. GM will no longer support or produce new discs for our NAV system.

For what it's worth, the Denso system can work with a Toyota/Lexus gen 2-3 nav disk. This will give you updated maps, but voice recognition and response will not work. Unlike Cadillac, Toyota continues to provide new updates each year for their older cars. The current version is 11.1. With the Toyota/Lexus Denso Gen 2/3, Revision 11.1 the visual directions work fine but there is no audio directions telling you when to turn. The disc is a combination of Denso (2011), NAVTEQ (2010) and Infogroup (2010).
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Good Info Q- Thanks!

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

My understanding was that the STS and the Corvette shared the same system...? Seems odd that GM would stop producing updates for the C6. I still have the 2010 disk, I guess it's about time for an update.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    As far as I know GM is still putting out updates. I have the 2012 update.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

bigburban is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008

There is an update for 2013 available. I was debating if I want to drop the coin and get it. The 2008 version I have is getting out of date. I am assuming the new version just has updated data but not any new features or more points of interest etc.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...llProducts=YES

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

new discs have updated POIs and Maps (rarely will the map disc come with a software update... basically never)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

i used to buy updates for my GM cars--but they dont change very much, unless your interested in POIs--- the best GPS is the Nav on your droid--yiu can verbally tell it where to go, and it shows you a picture of wherever your going when you get there--plus its always up to date,since its google based, and it corrects if you miss a turn immediaktey, no "recalculating" bs.I took a 2 hr run in my v with the car GPS and the droid--i got to several places where the GM system would tell me iy didnt know the streets, but the NAV worked great

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ

I believe we have the same Denso Nav system and the latest Map DVD set is version 8.00, GM Part Number 25979939U and has 2007 NAVTEQ map data. This version GM NAV disc is the latest and last update available. GM will no longer support or produce new discs for our NAV system.

For what it's worth, the Denso system can work with a Toyota/Lexus gen 2-3 nav disk. This will give you updated maps, but voice recognition and response will not work. Unlike Cadillac, Toyota continues to provide new updates each year for their older cars. The current version is 11.1. With the Toyota/Lexus Denso Gen 2/3, Revision 11.1 the visual directions work fine but there is no audio directions telling you when to turn. The disc is a combination of Denso (2011), NAVTEQ (2010) and Infogroup (2010).
    Only for early srx all xlr Seville and Deville does this apply. Nothing to do with the sts platform nav.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Only for early srx all xlr Seville and Deville does this apply. Nothing to do with the sts platform nav.
    Thanx, I stand corrected.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Hey on the Nav topic, as I said I have the latest available Nav disc, and yet a good 80% of addresses I punch in result in the "house number does not exist on this street" error message. I always have to just punch it into my iphone afterwards, and of course google has no problem finding the address. You guys getting similar results? Am I missing something here, or does the nav just straight up suck?

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Yeah, I just like it so I can see what streets are coming up next. For actual navigating, the phone is about 1000 times easier and more useful.

I also do use it on trips to count down the miles to the city I'm headed to. That's somewhat useful. Usually it can find the center of a city or town.

Bingo. That's why I prefer it. Too bad it sucks so much. Is this the general consensus among the rest of you guys? Nav is pretty useless?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.