Confession Bear Time
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Confession Bear Time in Cadillac V-Series Forums; bear.jpg Okay, so after lurking on the forums and reading a dozen pages of old threads, I have came to ...
    Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Confession Bear Time

bear.jpg

Okay, so after lurking on the forums and reading a dozen pages of old threads, I have came to a Wayne & Garth conclusion: "I'm not worthy!" I am by no stretch of the imagination a "car guy" or "gearhead," and only realized what an amazing machine this is after reading up on it after test-driving it with the previous owner, who was also fairly ignorant about the V. After three weeks of ownership and half a dozen instances of walking back to my car to find older men standing in front of it and making "Dat V!" faces, I've realized I know very little about this car other than its GM Service history, Carfax history, and what I've learned here. I'm very glad to have joined this online community and will continue to post and make good use of the "Search this forum" button.

BTW the last guy had his children standing around my car while he proclaimed, "Kids, THIS is a beautiful machine!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Confession Bear Time

I have found Google to be a much more useful search by starting your search with cadillacowners and then whatever you are searching for.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

congratulations!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I have found Google to be a much more useful search by starting your search with cadillacowners and then whatever you are searching for.
    i created a custom search to add to your browser so you can easily search this site with google without having to manually type the site:cadillacforums.com to your google search each time
    in firefox and IE for instance it will give you a CadillacForums search to choose from in your search box right next to google, amazon, and wikipedia etc
    in chrome it's a bit different but actually easier... read through the following threads for more info on searching and how to use my custom cadillac forums search

a thread for beginners to read through
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ficiently.html

the thread that gave me the idea to make the custom search (last few posts is where to good stuff is at)
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...stion-you.html

a more recent thread where i revisit the idea and talk a bit about how chrome has changed in the time since and how you can just make one for yourself really quickly if you use chrome
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ws-recent.html

let me know if you've got any questions
    i know it can be a bit confusing but once you get the hang of it you will be armed with a really good tool for finding stuff
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Congrats on your beautiful machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimoch View Post
    Attachment 105955

BTW the last guy had his children standing around my car while he proclaimed, "Kids, THIS is a beautiful machine!"

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Thanks so much Chris! I will set up a Chrome search bar and go from there. Awesome custom search!

----------

Thanks Carter! He very delicately opened his doors, shooed his children in the van, and stared at me shaking his head while they backed up and drove away.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    No doubt he had car envy while getting in his van. Sounds like he needs a toy for daddy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.